Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Steering Wheel alignment ever so slightly off from factory...anyone else??

My Steering wheel on my 2SS RS came straight from the factory slightly off centered to the right just a bit (only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up). I took it back to the dealership to have them adjust this and now it is ever so slightly cocked to the left. Overall the alignment is fine as it does not pull at all. Has anyone encountered this and other than bothering me, would this cause any harm to the tires in relation to more wear to one side or the other (toe rod)? I guess this may need to be an item placed on the checklist if not already on there. I hate to take it back for a second time to my dealership for this and now wonder if they can even get it right and it is very subtle. Is this something that anyone else has encountered or would this bother anyone else out there? Thanks for any feedback or advice if you have had this or are in my situation.

Thanks!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Most roads slope a little to the left or right...sometimes that will make you think your wheel is off a little. That said, imho GM has always had issues getting their steering wheels on straight. I've owned about 6 of them and on each, the steering wheel was initially off by a few degrees.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Most roads slope a little to the left or right...sometimes that will make you think your wheel is off a little. That said, imho GM has always had issues getting their steering wheels on straight. I've owned about 6 of them and on each, the steering wheel was initially off by a few degrees.
Mine pulls right off the road when I straighten the wheel. I was actually setting an appointment to get it fixed next week.
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Yeah I initially thought it was the interstate or roads but when driving my wife's 2LT RS, her's is dead on perfect. I hate to be picky and is very slight and better now than as it was when I picked it up as it was set to the right pretty good. Now with it being slightly to the left...I think just knowing its not exactly dead on bothers me a little. I may wait until my first oil change at 500 to 1000 miles and have them adjust it again. Honestly though...not sure I trust my local Chevy Service department here and especially since they did not get centered perfect when I took it back a couple days later after picking her up.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson71 View Post
Mine pulls right off the road when I straighten the wheel. I was actually setting an appointment to get it fixed next week.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I almost hated to post this as I wonderd if it would sound like I was being to picky. It sounds like there are others with this too. Not to big of a deal but when you spend 40K +/-, you just want it to be dead on center if posible.