Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #15
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Coming from one ls owner to another, at this point, your best mod would be new wheels. You won't believe just how much they change the look of the car. Heck if you want performance as well buy the 18" aluminums that come on the 1lt and you even get to reuse your stock tires so it wont be that expensive. Buying those wheels alone will give you more performance than the solo hfc will give you because of all the weight you'll be saving
Yeah, new wheels + tires is definitely on my list. Just don't know if I'm ready to spend the money on them yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I totally undrestand, I wasn't ready to drop a lot of money on wheels and tires at the time so I found the lt wheels cheap and just put them on. Still maybe one of my greatest buys to date.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I totally undrestand, I wasn't ready to drop a lot of money on wheels and tires at the time so I found the lt wheels cheap and just put them on. Still maybe one of my greatest buys to date.
Thanks, I'm gonna wait and see if I can find a good deal on some used ones either online or locally but if I can't find anything in another month or two I'll probably go that route.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I seen some reasonably priced rims at tire rack and they even have a view on vehicle button provided you have you car entered. I was looking at replacing my stock rims for something black. I like the rims I have so I decided not to change them.

How about the weight difference in those mufflers from stock to MRT. I have referred to them as suitcases. I couldn't believe how big and heavy they are. Can't believe GM couldn't come up with something small like the MRT exhaust.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Looking good so far, keep it up!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
SILVER1
Camaro>

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice 1LT
Do you have any sounds of it?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Nice start to your build thread! It's always a tough choice between performance or cosmetic mods and in what order! It seems to me you go for the performance stuff first like I did! It took me quite a while before I was doing any serious cosmetic stuff. I always said if it looks fast it HAS to be fast! I like the idea of high flow cats! They will really wake up the engine and sound level for sure, although they are pricy like you said! Wheels would be the next cosmetic thing I'd do and if you shop around you can find excellent deals on some nice wheels! Good luck which ever way you go and congrats on your build!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looking great brotha! IOM all the freaking way! Can't wait till you get rid of those darn steelies!
KSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
I seen some reasonably priced rims at tire rack and they even have a view on vehicle button provided you have you car entered. I was looking at replacing my stock rims for something black. I like the rims I have so I decided not to change them.

How about the weight difference in those mufflers from stock to MRT. I have referred to them as suitcases. I couldn't believe how big and heavy they are. Can't believe GM couldn't come up with something small like the MRT exhaust.

Dean.
Yeah, I gotta look around for wheels and tires because I'm sure I can get a good deal somewhere either new or used. I'll be patient with it and find something eventually.

I was shocked as well, the stock mufflers were a joke. So huge and bulky, especially compared to the MRT. HUGE difference...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Looking good so far, keep it up!
Thanks bro! I subscribed to your build thread, your car looks great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER1 View Post
Do you have any sounds of it?
Not yet, but I will now since you mentioned it lol. I'll post one up soon, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Nice start to your build thread! It's always a tough choice between performance or cosmetic mods and in what order! It seems to me you go for the performance stuff first like I did! It took me quite a while before I was doing any serious cosmetic stuff. I always said if it looks fast it HAS to be fast! I like the idea of high flow cats! They will really wake up the engine and sound level for sure, although they are pricy like you said! Wheels would be the next cosmetic thing I'd do and if you shop around you can find excellent deals on some nice wheels! Good luck which ever way you go and congrats on your build!
Thank you very much, appreciate the kind words. Yep, your right, I wanted to go performance first and then work on cosmetics after that. To me, no point in having a car that looks like it's been modded and have a stock engine. I'm still having trouble deciding whether or not to get the high flow cats or start working on cosmetics lol I really want to work on the exterior but the group buy going on right now is enticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSX View Post
Looking great brotha! IOM all the freaking way! Can't wait till you get rid of those darn steelies!
Thanks bro! Ya, same here lol but gotta be patient!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
How about tint? Living in NV you would want that. Its cheap and looks nice. I am similar as far as modifications go. I went with RX catch can, Vararam Intake, MRT V1.0. I just now purchased Tint, thinking about it I should of done it sooner. As far as Rims and Tires go. Save and buy the ones you like. It can be expensive, I think the ones I am looking at are 1900 rims and 800 to 900 for tires.
Nice build so far, looks nice. Congrats.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
b1gr3dmachin3

I'm actually getting tint done soon, hopefully this weekend. Although, I'm not sure how dark I am going to go. I want as dark as possible, but I don't want to get pulled over every other day lol. A lot of people have said that about the wheels and tires, save and buy the ones I want. I'm gonna be patient and do that, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
How about tint? Living in NV you would want that. Its cheap and looks nice. I am similar as far as modifications go. I went with RX catch can, Vararam Intake, MRT V1.0. I just now purchased Tint, thinking about it I should of done it sooner. As far as Rims and Tires go. Save and buy the ones you like. It can be expensive, I think the ones I am looking at are 1900 rims and 800 to 900 for tires.
Nice build so far, looks nice. Congrats.

Last edited by b1gr3dmachin3; 01-17-2013 at 07:20 PM.
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
b1gr3dmachin3

Just got my tint done, 15% all around and 35% on the windshield. What a difference tint makes, I'm glad I got it done! If anyone is in Las Vegas and needs tint, please let me know and I will refer you to the guy that did mine. He is a super chill dude, and does great work!
Attached Images

Last edited by b1gr3dmachin3; 03-26-2013 at 05:23 PM.
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #28
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
How different that makes the car look. Car is looking good. I am surprised how dark you went on the windshield. Wouldn't that be kind of hard to see out of in the evening or dark?

You people that live in states that allow that much tint on windows are lucky. Minnesota laws suck, only allow something like 10%. But, according to my friend, he says that if you own an SUV you can just about black out the rear window and the side rear windows but you can't on cars and pickups. How crazy is that? I would love to be able to put dark tint on my side and rear window because I think it would make my black car look more stealthy.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote