Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
SLP LMII set up

i'm seriously considering the SLP LMII axle back, and i'm thinking about getting a muffler shop to build me a cat back going to the slp mufflers. should it be difficult to do?? and does slp make an x-pipe i could go ahead and buy along with the axle back kit??? thanks alot guys.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Buy a Magnaflow Tru-X (about $85) and have them weld it in place of the H-pipe and you should be good. You can probabl have that done for $60 - $80. Do the axle-back yourself to save money.
http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...highlight=make

I don't think SLP makes just an X-Pipe. They do make some kind of a cat-back type system that goes from the end of the cats to the axle-back and it has a x-pipe included in it. However, when I called them I think that the system is a 3" one so they told me to buy the Pro-Flow axle-back since it's 3" instead of the LMII which is 2.5".

Call SLP to find out your options.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
JHart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Buy a Magnaflow Tru-X (about $85) and have them weld it in place of the H-pipe and you should be good. You can probabl have that done for $60 - $80. Do the axle-back yourself to save money.
http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...highlight=make

I don't think SLP makes just an X-Pipe. They do make some kind of a cat-back type system that goes from the end of the cats to the axle-back and it has a x-pipe included in it. However, when I called them I think that the system is a 3" one so they told me to buy the Pro-Flow axle-back since it's 3" instead of the LMII which is 2.5".

Call SLP to find out your options.
thanks for the help man, what i'm trying to accomplish is a cat back(either true duals or with an x pipe) for less than what other companies are putting it out to be. i thought about just running true duals. what's so great about an x pipe??

Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
caverman

Well a muffler delete and the #14379 x-pipe is basically Magnaflow's Comp Series cat-back system. The x-pipe should get you more rwhp....maybe 10-15 rwhp and a better throttle response. That's what I've ready in these threads...don't have my Camaro yet so I can't give you first hand experience but this is probably one of the first few things I will do.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Actually part number 14386 is the tru-x used in the Competition cat-back. I confirmed this with Magnaflow support and ordered it. The 14379 is shorter by 3", not wure if the pipe spacing is the same or not.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
JHart

so true duals would actually hurt my hp??

Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
caverman

As in true duals you mean no X-Pipe or H-Pipe or Resenators?

I'm not a exhaust professional but seeing as GM gave it an H-Pipe and Resenators...and all the exahaust Mfgs are putting in X-pipes on their cat-back systems I would think you would need something there for better performance.
Build Journal
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
JHart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
As in true duals you mean no X-Pipe or H-Pipe or Resenators?

I'm not a exhaust professional but seeing as GM gave it an H-Pipe and Resenators...and all the exahaust Mfgs are putting in X-pipes on their cat-back systems I would think you would need something there for better performance.
yessir. true duals from the cats back to the slp lmII's or a different muffler. i figured it'd be worth it, i haven't heard a true dual set up yet.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
caverman

Not busting chops but maybe there is a reason why your not seeing true duals. Just my take....for me, I'll have an X-Pipe for sure.
Build Journal
Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
I think you get less "popping" since it equalizes the exhaust pressure.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
An "X" pipe works to help scavenging by equalizing pressure between the 2 sides which increases flow thus increasing HP. I'm not an expert but that's what I have read on similar threads and it makes sence to me! I had SLP LMII's and I really liked them however I decided to take them off and go with a Solo Mach-X cat back rather than invest in the SLP X pipes. I got the Solo's at a great price and sold the SLP's to offset the cost! I LOVE the Solo's, great sound and look! If you do get the LMII's I would also invest in an SLP X pipe setup, just my opinion!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote