Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-12-2017, 03:58 AM   #1
EagleI

Drives: 2015 1LT/RS NPP
Engine Jolts Slowing Down - Check Engine Light Flashed

2015 LT/RS w/NPP exhaust. 19k miles. Completely stock.

Was on the highway accelerating, dashboard lit up with check engine light, traction control and stability control lights, center console said ďservice stability trak systĒ In the two years Iíve owned the car Iíve never gotten a single check engine light.

Rest of the night, when I came to a complete stop the car would jolt like a piston misfire or a really rough downshift. Any idea how to fix this?
EagleI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
If you don't already have one, I would suggest investing in a hand held programmer. I have a SCT hand held (came with my Magnuson SC) that I've used a couple of times to diagnose issues by downloading the P codes.

The SCT is about $150 but It pays for itself many times over by trouble shooting and fixing issues yourself, well worth the investment if you do your own repairs. If you don't work on your own car then it wouldn't be worth the investment. In that case it would be best to take it to the dealer.

Be sure to search the forum with your symptoms. Good luck.

Mods:
CAI Intake
Vector Motorsports Tune
Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
OP I would assume you still have the full warranty on the car? If so take it to your dealer and have them see what is wrong.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
EagleI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
If you don't already have one, I would suggest investing in a hand held programmer. I have a SCT hand held (came with my Magnuson SC) that I've used a couple of times to diagnose issues by downloading the P codes.

The SCT is about $150 but It pays for itself many times over by trouble shooting and fixing issues yourself, well worth the investment if you do your own repairs. If you don't work on your own car then it wouldn't be worth the investment. In that case it would be best to take it to the dealer.

Be sure to search the forum with your symptoms. Good luck.
Thanks for chiming in. Iíll definitely look into getting a handheld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
OP I would assume you still have the full warranty on the car? If so take it to your dealer and have them see what is wrong.
Yep, still got the warranty. Iím taking it into the dealership tomorrow but Iíve had bad experiences with them in the past. Oh well, hoping for the best.

Car has been running fine today.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 AM   #5
EagleI

Just an update for anyone who may have had a similar issue. Engine oil was desperately needing a change. Got the car serviced and it’s running great again.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #6
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Thx for the update. Yeah I would make sure to both check your oil frequently as the V6's have been known to use some to varying degrees and change that oil regularly too. Its cheap insurance IMHO. Glad she's okay!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote