Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #1
My Ruby girl

Drives: 2014 6.2 1LE 2SS Crystal Claret Tin
Smile Finding my car color accurately

Gday

I year ago I bought what I thought was a red rock Metallic 1LE

But now I am being told that the colour is crystal claret pearl tri coat the car was built 8/13 but has the 14 type rear is there a program to put a vin number to find it and no I can't take to a dealer as I am in Australia and need to paint the front

I can supply a vin if required

Thanks heaps
Attached Images

Last edited by My Ruby girl; 11-14-2017 at 02:48 AM. Reason: spelling
My Ruby girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Get a build sheet printed by using your Vin. You should be able to obtain one free. You can also go on the site that does window sticker reprints and put in your Vin and get a print out for 5-10 bucks. Great to have and you'll know for sure the color. Yours looks like CRT in the fist pic but looks darker in the other pictures. If you find out it's CRT make sure you do the light silver base coat over white primer then the red. It will look odd until you add the clear coat that before your eyes will become the color match. I've painted a few things to color match mine CRT and am very pleased with the color match.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
Jayjellyfish212

If it is CRT go light with the red over the silver base or it will get dark fast.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Different markets have different names for colors. What is important is the paint code.

Send your VIN to any dealership body shop or parts department and they can give you the paint code. They are all on the Internet and happy to assist. I use Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas.

If you are shy, send me your VIN and I will get the paint code for you.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
RKeeton

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
My car color is called Bright Yellow on the window sticker. The paint code from the dealer is WA 131X. When I looked that up, the color was called Lemon Peel. I ordered the AC Delco touch up paint and it doesn't have a name anywhere on the tube or box. It does have G7D and WA 131X on the tube though. It matches the paint on the car.

Hope this helps.
RKeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Your car is not Red Hot, it's what we call in the US "Crystal Red Tintcoat".
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #7
My Ruby girl

Drives: 2014 6.2 1LE 2SS Crystal Claret Tin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Your car is not Red Hot, it's what we call in the US "Crystal Red Tintcoat".

Thank you every one for your help I did find out via you tube that there is a label under the trunk tire board with the colour number and vin

And she is a Crystal red pearl tin coat according to 505Q id number

Thanks form Sydney Australia
Attached Images

My Ruby girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
Jayjellyfish212

There are 2 types of paint systems for our color. CRT. There is a 3 stage and there is now a new 2 stage. Stay away from the 2 stage as it is not good and a tad darker IMO. Make sure you do the 3 stage system and go light on the red which is the second stage. Before the red you use a white primer than a silver base . I've painted with this color on multiple parts and it is not a color to be heavy handed with. Lay white primer than the silver base(stage 1) then 2 light coats of the top red coat(stage 2) followed by seven light coat of high end clear coat.(stage 3). Wet Sand buff polish and your done. If your not painting yourself then I would stress to your painter to do some samples using different coats with each stage. This is a tri stage paint and its very easy to mess up. It is also very expensive paint too. To much of base or to much of stage 2 and it will not match. I did some samples using each stage until I found the best match. I found that this paint system to get right likes good even silver base and 2 soft coats of the red mid coat. Good luck and hope it turns out great .