Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #15
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
I don't have to prove shit to anyone... if they are that much of a douche bag, the faster they leave the better...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
I don't have to prove shit to anyone... if they are that much of a douche bag, the faster they leave the better...
Truuuuuuuuuuu
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Applaud yourself there that's the mature way. I don't race my car either. I say you go ahead and burn ya gas out. I'm in cruise mode I'm on that Will Smith (Summer Summer Summertime sh%t) cruising 2mph so everybody sees me.
exactly. how can i expect to pick up some hot females if i'm flying by them?

trick question, you cant.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Most fellow Camaro owners here dont care, just a car to them. I wave but rarely get one in return. Never had one wanna race. I usually get dumb cars like 4 door Saturns that wanna race
lol at saturns. I'm sure their just shy.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Most fellow Camaro owners here dont care, just a car to them. I wave but rarely get one in return. Never had one wanna race. I usually get dumb cars like 4 door Saturns that wanna race
its cause they are soo awesome with their fartcan that adds 200HP and spoiler that adds 150hp so they want to prove to all their friends that they have a fast car.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
LOL...these threads always make me laugh. For those that are some how offended when other cars challenge you....You do realize that you're driving a world renowned, iconic muscle car with a history and reputation for drag racing that dates back 40+ yrs...right?

If these types of encounters truly bother you...Perhaps it's time to consider the purchase of a more "subtle" mode of transportation. Just a thought.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #21
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huero30 View Post
So why is it that every single time i see another Camaro driver, i feel like i should throw my lights or say whats up or something. Maybe its because this forum makes me feel we are all one. But every time i see another Camaro, before i can wave or throw my lights theyre wanting to race me. Just the other day coming down euclid in ontario, i rolled down my window and complimented another guy in his Camaro. not even saying thanks or giving me a thumbs up or anything. Instead he sits waiting at the light, revving his engine, and takes off burning out. is this something that everyone does???
While we're a strong group here there are many many more out there that are not. Within our group i'd gather that some would do just as mentioned in the OP, maybe just for fun. I dunno... people driving sport cars do tend to let the vehicle get the best of them sometimes.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
1 1/2year ever had another Camaro try me. I have plenty of Imports that couldn't beat My SS running regular fuel and 3 cement bag in the trunk.

I think their ears DO NOT work. Thats not the sound of a V6. Go away your not worth my time, rubber or the shift.

It must be your area.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Funny enough, I had a fellow Camaro driver 'wave' at me a couple weeks ago. I usually drive with my parking/fog lights on which seems to make people think your a car guy since your purposely getting in and setting the lights every time...

Anyways, it was a V6 car coming my direction with some aftermarket halos and he flashed his halos a few time as he passed. Thought it was neat.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
LOL...these threads always make me laugh. For those that are some how offended when other cars challenge you....You do realize that you're driving a world renowned, iconic muscle car with a history and reputation for drag racing that dates back 40+ yrs...right?

If these types of encounters truly bother you...Perhaps it's time to consider the purchase of a more "subtle" mode of transportation. Just a thought.
That"s true what you've said - Totally agree with ya. But not at every light or every other light. (referring to baiting to race) every once in while it's cool. If that's the case then change my user name to 'Lead foot". Cause I'd be on that gas pedal so f*cking hard racing these young boys !!!Also it's one thing to race someone who knows how to race, but most of these fools that want to race can barely control a car going 60-70mph. My life is way to important to be fooling with inexperience drivers trying to prove a point.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huero30 View Post
So why is it that every single time i see another Camaro driver, i feel like i should throw my lights or say whats up or something. Maybe its because this forum makes me feel we are all one. But every time i see another Camaro, before i can wave or throw my lights theyre wanting to race me. Just the other day coming down euclid in ontario, i rolled down my window and complimented another guy in his Camaro. not even saying thanks or giving me a thumbs up or anything. Instead he sits waiting at the light, revving his engine, and takes off burning out. is this something that everyone does???
Well I live out in Yucaipa and I travel the I-10 east/west everyday. I'll wave if I see you! LOL

Quote:
Well I'd wave back if I was in your town. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersades View Post
I like it!

OP, I feel the same way. I usually wave and rarely get one back, but I still try!

Same comment as above!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
I thought this was just a Philly thing that no one waves back! Glad to know it's everywhere. I had a whipple installed/tuned a few weeks ago (stock exhaust for now) and decided the hell with it a few days ago after one dude in an SS next to me at a red light wouldn't roll his window down to talk, but instead douchily pointed to the light with his window up. He didn't even look in my direction after he caught up at the next light

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #27
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Actually this thread got me thinking.. Can we start some sort of hand gesture representing Camaro5 for on the road?? Or is that too gay? It's kinda gay...

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
this will make you feel better..it sure made me smile..i finally had a good run up the highway last weekend...so im north bound in the middle lane of the 3 lane highway....400 for the ontario guys...im coming up to an onramp, i look over and heres a guy in a 78 z28 merging onto the highway,i pull up beside him just as he is merging into the right lane,,,now this car is sweet, red in colour,factory red z 28 rims..even had the bright orange red and yellow z28 stickers..anyway as i pass him slowly im looking over checking out this car, the driver looks at me ..gives my wife and i a big wave and a huge smile..he was so happy driving that car and then getting a close look at mine...as i passed him he stayed in the right lane i looked in my rearview mirror..he was still smiling and waving..i put my window and waved back , i was smiling the rest of the day....anyway sorry for the novel my point was many might not wave...but when a guy does that truely appreciates the cars your driving i forget about the other guy...so keep waving..and yes keep your stick on the ice
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote