Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #15
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
You guys keep going round n round like mice on a wheel.

It is what it is and all the "figuring you do " is not going to change it.
Helps me and possibly others plan when they're going to get their car. I may not be able to change the time I get my car but I can at least begin to prepare.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #16
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
All dealers will get an extra Camaro. It will be a V6. Now on to allocation. All dealers are forced to take ANOTHER V6 against their allocation. We can't even choose the color or options. It will come from one of four possible configurations.
Actually Fbodfather confirmed in a PM that the dealers DO NOT have to take the 2nd V6 if they do not want it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
So now every dealer is getting 3 cars? What about the small dealers that have been told they will only get one Camaro for the first "production guidance" or whatever you want to call it? Everything I've read (including what you've posted) has made me believe that the mandatory v6 IS the car for the "Chevrolet Open House" and the 2nd car was the one from their allocation that could be whatever they choose.
I thought I saw somewhere, in some thread, that FBodFather clarified that every dealer would get one V6 not counting against their allocation. But that after that another V6 would NOT be forced on the dealer as part of the allocation. Unless they do have a V6 ordered anyway.

My situation fits with the example above. I was #1 to order my 2SS/RS at a dealership that had been allotted 5. I don't know all the other orders, but the first 3 were #1 My SS, #1 Another SS, #3 A V6 I believe. So I'm quite curious how early or late I'll get mine...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Yep, same thing I was wondering....my dealership was allocated 3, and I was #1 on the list. I have a IOM 2SS/RS ordered, guy in slot 2 has a black 2SS/RS ordered, and the 3rd guy has a black 1LS ordered....we all ordered the same day...I am interested how this will work out.....
Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #19
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Im just trying to decide if I need to change dealers in order to get a camaro this year, considering I'm number 4 on an allotment of 5, all SS's...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
adz817

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT Camaro
I thought the whole ordering process back in October was just for marketing purposes, so the allotment we speak of has little reference to when we actually get the car. What the "ordering" process did back in October was just show the interest we had in the car. So most cars that arrive at the dealerships will go to sold contracts first. Unless I'm missed something somewhere since theres like over 50 pages to go thru since the IDL came out Friday.
adz817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #21
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
For the love of all that is right in the world...please stop listening to Camaro Greg. Just put him on the ignore list and watch for Scott and Scotty info.
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #22
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz817 View Post
I thought the whole ordering process back in October was just for marketing purposes, so the allotment we speak of has little reference to when we actually get the car. What the "ordering" process did back in October was just show the interest we had in the car. So most cars that arrive at the dealerships will go to sold contracts first. Unless I'm missed something somewhere since theres like over 50 pages to go thru since the IDL came out Friday.
The pre order in Oct. WAS a sold order. They took deposits. But it also was for marketing purposes.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
For the love of all that is right in the world...please stop listening to Camaro Greg. Just put him on the ignore list and watch for Scott and Scotty info.
Yea it's sad that someone spreads out so much misinformation about preorders, how they are handled, and when the cars will arrive that Fbodfather personally has to call you out and tell you to stop.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
GM is making perfect sense on this one. 80% of the people want V8s, lets make the V6's.
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #25
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlik View Post
GM is making perfect sense on this one. 80% of the people want V8s, lets make the V6's.
So much for people actually reading threads.

here is a hint...READ before making comments. You'll sound less the buffoon
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #26
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Another question, if a deaerlship had only the SS for preorders...would they still be shipped the same V6/V8 ratio anyway?
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #27
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
They get what they order. If SS's are on constraint a certain week and a dealer has a slot to order, they'll probably take it and use it on a v6. That being said, they should be able to order their v8's as needed. If they don't put in an order, they're not sent a car (outside of the one car per dealer thing).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #28
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
All dealers will get an extra Camaro. It will be a V6. Now on to allocation. All dealers are forced to take ANOTHER V6 against their allocation. We can't even choose the color or options. It will come from one of four possible configurations.

you know, it's got to be incredibly upsetting for the powers that be to watch stupid comments like this get spread around...

allow me to enlighten you so you may stop spreading misinterpertations to people looking for answers to questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
NO!

Each dealer will get a V6- - if your dealer had an allocation of one -- it has nothing to do with the V6 that we'll ship him/her -- so your V8 is safe.

in all honesty, and pardon my language but if your going to be employed as someone who is supposed to spread knowledge about a product, get your shit together before you start misleading people. now, there's a chance i'm reading what scott said above incorrectly but if you go to the post, it's pretty clear that the first allocation to a dealer does not have to be a v6.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote