Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Dear fbodfather . . .

Dear fbodfather,

It's hard for me to put into words how much I enjoy driving my black ZL1 convertible (manual). I've waited a number of years for such an awesome car. I considered Corvette, Cayman, Elise, and some others . . . even occasionally a ~67 ProTour Camaro.

I did not make a mistake. This car is fantastic.

Whenever you get the chance, please thank everyone involved: (on behalf of all of us)
engineers, marketing, production, supply chain, etc . . .

Now, if I wanted improvements . . .
1. Parking cameras similar to an X3, full view around the entire car on the LCD Display
2. More approved GM aftermarket products (CAI, front mud flaps, etc . . .)
3. A better front license plate solution. (we all hate drilling)
4. A website that shows all ZL1 related GM parts . . . for example, car cover, console lid, etc . . .
5. Winter tire option (second set) . . . a fair price on SS wheels with a good choice on winter tires
6. A 'day at the proving grounds' to take our cars and hit the GM track, talk to engineers, etc . . . heck, how about a ZL1 convention in Michigan?
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Take it from someone who is at the proving grounds quite regularly...they will never allow the general public in there. Just an FYI lol
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
It's awesome to see Camaro owners enjoying their ride so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
4. A website that shows all ZL1 related GM parts . . . for example, car cover, console lid, etc . . .
I'm not sure about other dealerships, but this one had it

http://gordontampa.com/chevrolet-accessories
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Dear "owner of Vera" -

Thank you for taking the time to post - we love hearing from our owners -and it makes us beyond happy to know that we've delivered a product that exceeds your initial expectations. The team really DOES sweat the details.

I've forwarded on your comments to the team!

--and in terms of Performance Parts and Accessories -we have a group of engineers that are working on lots of stuff for Camaro - some of it's available right now at your local Chevy Dealer, but they continue to come up with more stuff that we think you'll love......

You can find more of our Performance Parts and Accessories at www.chevroletperformance.com --
Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
Take it from someone who is at the proving grounds quite regularly...they will never allow the general public in there. Just an FYI lol

Never say never -

but it IS rare indeed that we allow people onto the grounds......

--and one reason is that operations are 24/7/365 working on the largest number of product launches in the history of our company.............
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Dear fbodfather,

It's hard for me to put into words how much I enjoy driving my black ZL1 convertible (manual). I've waited a number of years for such an awesome car. I considered Corvette, Cayman, Elise, and some others . . . even occasionally a ~67 ProTour Camaro.

Whenever you get the chance, please thank everyone involved: (on behalf of all of us)

1. Parking cameras similar to an X3, full view around the entire car on the LCD Display
5. Winter tire option (second set) . . . a fair price on SS wheels with a good choice on winter tires
6. A 'day at the proving grounds' to take our cars and hit the GM track, talk to engineers, etc . . . heck, how about a ZL1 convention in Michigan?
Oh, and 1 last item:
VALET MODE with a key, perhaps 3 settings . . . like L/M/H or more respectively (friends / Close Friends / YOU)
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Never say never -

but it IS rare indeed that we allow people onto the grounds......

--and one reason is that operations are 24/7/365 working on the largest number of product launches in the history of our company.............
I was kind of going to say. Lot's of things we don't get ro see for now. And fine by me, because they'll be in production soon enough.

Yes the car is aweeome. So I second everything the OP said. Scott you signed my car in Atlanta and i really appreciate it and that was a big deal for me, unfortunately that was all the traveling I can do for now, but I can't wait to get more from the design team to sign. I was chatting with one of the guys from Oshawa on here and told him I'd love to have them sign as well. Maybe one day.

OP. I'm not trying to tell anyone wrong. I really wish there was a Chevy CAI and other things too(maybe off the Z/28?), but my dealer told me they could install an SLP package with high flow air filter, shorty headers, and a downloaded tune and it wouldn't void my warranty. So go talk to your dealer and see what they say.

As far as a ZL1 convention, I've thought about this too. Between '12 and '13 there are about 10'000 of us with more coming. I don't know how many ZL1 owners are active here or in other forums and so how many would want to go to a meet other than what is already scheduled like Camaro 5 Fest. There's the ZL1 Registry, what about a national ZL1 club and we have a meet that coincides with Camaro 5 Fest. Maybe all meet in that area a day early or something. I don't know, just a thought.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Dear fbodfather,

7. PLEASE put some sensors on the FRONT of the car just like the back-up sensors (not the camera) to help us park the car without the chin hitting the parking curb. It 'should' be simple enough, engage the rear sensors when in reverse, the front sensors when in 1st.
BTDT. Already had to replace the durn thing.

I LOVE this car.!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Id second that key thing lol. I'm already paranoid enough parking the car at a car show with a bunch of enthusiast around haha

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
They said that about the Oshawa plant also..
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
As far as a ZL1 convention, I've thought about this too. Between '12 and '13 there are about 10'000 of us with more coming. I don't know how many ZL1 owners are active here or in other forums and so how many would want to go to a meet other than what is already scheduled like Camaro 5 Fest. There's the ZL1 Registry, what about a national ZL1 club and we have a meet that coincides with Camaro 5 Fest. Maybe all meet in that area a day early or something. I don't know, just a thought.
I think that you are on to something here. Maybe this topic should be a separate thread. It might generate a lot of response.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
What the hell I'll hijack a little as well:
Can we have an awesome kick ass blue, Please?
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
How about an LS9?
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Less (or better ) plastic on the camaro interior.......rented a sonic a few weeks ago, almost felt like I was sitting in my car....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote