Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
sakino

Drives: 2012 camaro ls inferno orange
Engine power reduced, service stabiltrac.

Those are the two messages that displayed out of no where on my car after 1800 miles the other day.

Now neither of those messages is displayed, however the check engine light stays on while driving.

A couple things of note.
right after this happened yesterday the passenger side window would not roll up until I came to a stop about 5 minutes later.
I was also given a set of ss rims and tires (my car is a v6) a few weeks ago but here was no tpms so I've just been driving with the tire pressure light on because it doesn't bother me. There are different tread patterns on the tires if that matters.

Any ideas? If I take it to the dealer for warranty work on it, will my tire/wheel/no tpms setup create a warranty issue?
sakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm not sure on the warranty side of things but I would suggest getting the vehicle checked out anyway. With messages like the ones you got you'll want to get that checked out as soon as you can. I hope everything goes well and you have no problems getting this covered. Let us know how things go for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Mwa1007

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I just had this problem last night. It happened right after filling up on gas. When I filled up, I was close to E. I brought it to the dealer today and they said there is a technical bulletin on this but no fix. They told me not to let my gas level get that low and it shouldn't happen. They also said the check engine light would go off after so many driving cycles but couldn't tell me how many. GM is working on it.
Mwa1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
tk3c-pyce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hi, I had exactly the same problem here. "Engine power reduced" on the highway. Engine died. Won't start.
How did your problem work out eventually?
tk3c-pyce is offline   Reply With Quote