Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
SilverIceSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS
Still At 1100!!

Hello Everyone! First post from a long time reader.

Just wondering... Is there something wrong if my order status is STILL 1100? I placed my order back in October with High Point Chevy out of Sussex NJ, It’s a Small Dealer with only 2 allocations. (I’m First in Line) I received my Welcome package shortly after Christmas so I figured everything was ok.

I’ve been seeing people on the site getting their orders pulled, and have TPWs. So I called my dealer and asked for an update . The Sales Manager tells me my Event Code is still at 1100 and he probably wont know anything till around APRIL 13th!

So needless to say I’m really bummed out over having to wait AT LEAST another month. So my question is… Is there anyone else with a 1100 event code that ordered back in October? Am just being impatient after the longest six months of my life? Or do I have a problem.
SilverIceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Relax. There are a lot of orders that are still at 1100. They can only pull and make so many cars per week and the distribution is a bit complex. So just be patient and hang in there.

EDIT: And welcome to the site (as a poster)!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Relax. There are a lot of orders that are still at 1100. They can only pull and make so many cars per week and the distribution is a bit complex. So just be patient and hang in there.

EDIT: And welcome to the site (as a poster)!
I purchased my 2010 Camaro 2SS from Hawthorne Chevrolet in Hawthorne NJ. Apparently within the last week or so mine moved from 1100 to 1500 and the next movement is supposed to be to 3000 (building status). You should have selected a bigger dealership that had more allocations and that specialized in Corvettes. Their allocation was between 15 and 20. I was Number 7 or 8 when I placed my order on January 2nd. The smaller dealerships are generally last to get anything let alone get priority over the larger dealerships. Wish you could have come back to the boards sooner. You missed a lot of information. If you aren't careful and deselect options like the Hurst Throw shifter, you are going to be waiting even longer. I'd contact the dealer pronto and pull that accessory, get the car and then have it installed when the new code for the part is generated. Your dealer should also know something by the end of next week as orders get filled. Wish I could help you further man.

P.S. - Just picked up that you were a long time reader. You probably knew what was going on with the car already, but I wanted to reiterate that so that your car doesn't suffer any unnecessary delays.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
SilverIceSS

Thanks guys, I had a feeling that I was jumping the gun a little bit.

I went to high point because I have heard nothing but horror stories about the bigger chevy dealer in my area, and they are selling the Camaro at MSRP.
As for the Constraints, I don’t believe that I have any unless something has changed. I have a base SIM 2ss on order with the A6 + Black Leather
Old 03-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
LkyCzx

Drives: 2ss
Event 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceSS View Post
Hello Everyone! First post from a long time reader.

Just wondering... Is there something wrong if my order status is STILL 1100? I placed my order back in October with High Point Chevy out of Sussex NJ, It’s a Small Dealer with only 2 allocations. (I’m First in Line) I received my Welcome package shortly after Christmas so I figured everything was ok.

I’ve been seeing people on the site getting their orders pulled, and have TPWs. So I called my dealer and asked for an update . The Sales Manager tells me my Event Code is still at 1100 and he probably wont know anything till around APRIL 13th!

So needless to say I’m really bummed out over having to wait AT LEAST another month. So my question is… Is there anyone else with a 1100 event code that ordered back in October? Am just being impatient after the longest six months of my life? Or do I have a problem.
Event 1100 means your vehicle has been ordered by the dealership and it has been accepted by General Motors......I believe the next event code is 1500 and that means it's been accepted for production and has a TPW ...target production week ..which is the week the vehicle will be built....the next is 3000...and the event code you're waiting to see is 5000....that's delivered to dealer.....there is an expiration of transit date on the invoice and your car could come in a couple of days prior ...or as much as two weeks after....and even longer if the vehicle is pulled for quality control by GM...I suspect a number of them will at first....it's what happend when we got the Pontiac Solstice....some cars came in as much as two months after the expiration of transit...(talk about P.O.'D People) ..I'm a General Sales Manager at a Chevrolet Dealership and do all the ordering ...the event code you have is the first step in it getting built....it simply means that the order placed was clean and with no errors..and it is a buildable car..your event code will not change until....the dealer is allocated a vehicle to build...depending on your priority code it will either pick your car or someone elses with a lower priority code....if someone ordered theirs before you they would have a lower p.code so theirs would be pulled to be built first....unless the vehicle they spec'd out suddenly had constraints and then the system will go directly to the next car that they can build and pass over the vehicle that has the constraints on it...your car won't be built until the dealership is granted allocation from GM and then it will be built in sequence as to who's in first and can it be built.......good luck and hope you get it as soon as possible......I still have 2 vehicles available for retail if you know anyone who wants one....here's the one bad thing that people who've ordered cars don't know the answer to....a dealer may have been guaranteed 6 cars...like I was...however...some schmucks out there have an order bank with 20 cars in it and took deposits from everyone and those cars will never be built....I got six cars ...I could put in 200 orders but I won't get more than the six GM said I'm gonna get....you have to know if your order is within the dealers promised allocation or above it...there won't be "extra" cars.......and those six I was allocated are for the first 3 quarters of the 2010 model year...I may get more ...I may not.........but I still have two that will definately get built if you know someone who wants one...........Mike LiCausi
LkyCzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 AM   #6
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Mike - I keep reading on this and other blogs that dealers with a limited number of allocations, say 3, will not have their orders pulled for production until later. High volume dealers, dealers with high corvette sales, even areas with high mustang sales will get their orders pulled for productions sooner.
Is any of that true?
If so, any idea how much later it could be?
I too ordered my car -a V6 - from a smaller dealer (I'm #1 out of 3) and its not like I'm going or could go to a larger dealership at this point.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 AM   #7
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
I was at 3000 2 days ago... figure next week I'll be 3400 & move pretty fast after that... should have car by end of April;... or 1st of may... I can live with that, last new car was1979 !!
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #8
SilverIceSS

My Dealership is next to one of the largest Ford Dealers in northern Nj, hope that gives me some pull.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #9
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Welcome to the site Mike and thanks for the run down!
Welcome to the site SilverIceSS!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm with you. I'm at 1100. Ordered 2SS/RS, IOM, no hurst and no sunroof on 10/16. Never got a welcome packet. When I called the dealer asking about my welcome packet, they had no idea what I was talking about. When I asked them about the special pre order code they also didn't know what I was talking about (They researched and later confirmed my order had it but it's annoying to be the trainer for your dealerships sales staff) I'm #7 out of the 11 that were allocated to my dealer (Gus Paulos Chevrolet in Salt Lake City, Utah). I've never heard back from the dealer since I put down my deposit unless I called them or emailed them. They still don't know anything. They just keep saying "we'll let you know as soon as we know". It's frustrating to see people who ordered last month already have TPW. I seriously have an issue with the way GM is handling the pre-order of this car.

All I know is that there is a Dodge dealership next door to this Chevrolet Dealership and they have fourteen Challanger SRT-8's in stock and have 0% A.P.R. right now with a free cruise with new car purchase. And I also know I have $25k ready to put down on this car.....or the Challenger. If I don't know more by Monday, I might have to lower my standards and buy a Challenger.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Ordered on oct.18th, and still at 1100. dont sweat it.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
It all just depends on when your dealer gets it's consensus for build. We got 9 Camaro's all together, but only one got pulled for March. We have 4 for April though, so your dealer should hopefully get one of their allocations pulled then...
Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Also if that's where your gonna get it serviced and they good folks then you did right.

Don't worry about it. You'll probably get a better drive off experaince too since it sounds mom and pop. Just from the rarity and pace of things.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Thanks guys. You always settle my mind.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote