Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Is the same thing happening in your town??

Every time I go for a quick cruise I see about 6 to 7 freaking Camaros! I live in a sort of small town, and Im not trying to whine about too many camaros and stuff, but Im seeing with my own eyes the "just another camaro" kinda thing that has happened with mustangs. I know the only way to have a car not like anyone else's is to buy a lambo or something but dang ... seems like theres more camaros then mustangs in my town... it pisses me off cause most that I see now are LS's like mine black w/ the black steelies (I have the 21's)... My camaro has a lot of different stuff added to it, but it seems like if im slowly starting to blend in lol... anyways I knew it was going to happen, just not this quick! I thought we were in a recession? lol In about a year or so its gonna be bad.. It also dont help that every Camaro I see I honk and wave and they all seem like stuck up 25-55 year olds that dont wave back and just "dog" me lol
my dad already told me to sell it and get a nice lifted truck cause the Camaro fad is up... I told him heck no!! lol ... guess its time to start saving up for more mods to make mine one of a kind

oh well I love my camaro, and Im only 19 yrs old driving one.. Im very grateful for what I have... sorry about my little Rant
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Nope. In a 100 mile commute a day, I never see more than 1 other one each way. On small trips around town, I almost never see them.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
Fad, no. But get used to seeing them. They're popular. I think a big reason you don't see more of them is that the whole "trade in your beater" thing happened just before the Camaro was available. People just got a bunch of new cars. Besides, Camaro with a few options isn't a "cheap" car. A lot of people can't afford them. I used to be into the the I want an anonymous car thing but foo on that. I smile every time I see a Camaro. I absolutely love to see them going down the road. The more the better. Enjoy the car. I sure as hell enjoy mine.
-joe-
Old 09-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
if you think that is bad, I live in a very small town (we don't even have a super wal-mart..... we have a regular wal-mart.... that actually closes for 6 hours/day). I was once the only 5th gen. Now three have popped up. A red one, a black one, and a synergy green one. All of them v6's, two of them with black steelies.

And then there's me, with a 2SS, with just about every option there is, with a very long list of mods. However since almost all of them are performance mods, so you can't "see them". So I often get, "oh I like that *insert other colored v6 camaro* more than yours." I'm thinking wow.... if you tally up price tags and mod money, my car is literally cost twice more than the other ones... and they actually like the other ones more? It doesn't bother me much... I didn't buy my camaro to attract attention. Actually I kind of despise the attention (it gets old getting stopped by 4 people at a gas station when I'm trying to get to work), but seriously..... that's like having people going up to you saying they like kia spectre's more than camaro's.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
the very small town of walker la. has quite a few.

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
if you think that is bad, I live in a very small town (we don't even have a super wal-mart..... we have a regular wal-mart.... that actually closes for 6 hours/day). I was once the only 5th gen. Now three have popped up. A red one, a black one, and a synergy green one. All of them v6's, two of them with black steelies.

And then there's me, with a 2SS, with just about every option there is, with a very long list of mods. However since almost all of them are performance mods, so you can't "see them". So I often get, "oh I like that *insert other colored v6 camaro* more than yours." I'm thinking wow.... if you tally up price tags and mod money, my car is literally cost twice more than the other ones... and they actually like the other ones more? It doesn't bother me much... I didn't buy my camaro to attract attention. Actually I kind of despise the attention (it gets old getting stopped by 4 people at a gas station when I'm trying to get to work), but seriously..... that's like having people going up to you saying they like kia spectre's more than camaro's.
Until you and one of the LS owners hand over the keys will they really know the difference?
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
I think I'm the only one in my town with one but I have been seeing more and more everywhere else. Not as many as the mustangs and know there will be more but at least I was the first
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
I see WAYYYYYY more mustangs here in Atlanta. I'd say 3 to 1 at least.
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
nascarnate326
Team Green

Drives: 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Send a message via AIM to nascarnate326
They are everywhere around here. Best possible thing though. Lots of cars running around = profit for GM.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Yet to see one other then when I first took mine home, lots of Mustangs though... and I'm in a big city so I know they're here... somewhere!
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
I live in Virginia beach, where you normally see very nice cars (on one street, at any given moment you can see the new 4 door porsche, a ferrari, or lamborghini going for a nice sunny cruise), but I dont see too many Camaros. But when I Do see them, they all normally look the same. Stripes, and a V6 with no RS package. They generally wave to me, and I honestly think I am the only Camaro in my area that is "mildly" modified.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Avg of 2-3 each day in Tulsa. Wayy more mustangs (I didn't bother to capitalize it bc it's not important )!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post

You say it dosen't bother you much but you go on about yours costing twice as much as the other Camaro... Sounds like it really does bother you quite a bit or you would have never mentioned it....then at the end you try to compare a V6 Camaro to a Kia..

Really, in a town like yours with less than 4,000 people in it, Camaros (ANY Camaro) will be noticed.. maybe they just like the color of the other ones better than yours... They are not trying to slam your car..

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 09-25-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
saw three today, most in one afternoon I have seen. stil much rarer than seeing stangs, counted 15 stangs on a trip to the city and back about a month ago, didn't see one camaro that day.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote