Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #57
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Drove the v6. SS here I come! Lol. Sorry, but just can't give up that v8.
There you go, test drive and question answered.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #58
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
[QUOTE=suzook;8818511]I have had my 13 ss for 3 years now, and getting ready for a 16. I am starting to seriously think about getting the v6 and saving myself $8k. Based on what i have seen the new v6's are quite fast. My only concern is missing that low end torque. I actually prefer the cleaner front end on the LT, so thats a plus. Call me crazy, but there is just something not right not buying a v8 camaro Just dont want to

Trust you will regret it like I have for the past 3 years. Honestly I have never had a V8 But I will soon believe me. Now I'm still having thoughts on this new. V6 Because I m hearing so many good things regarding the exhaust. BUT it's still the V6. I'M sick of people asking whats under the hood and I say slowly a V6.
Then awwwwwww Man you should have got the 8.
Then I have the auto V6 on top of that then all I hear is damn yo you should have got a manual. I just wanna say will you please STFU. So my mind is made up but I gotta be honest. Since I never had a V8 I could get a 2015 2ss with 2000 miles or brand new for like 30, 32000 dollars. Then I'm gonna hear damn yo You should have got the 2016. SHIT NEVER ENDS BUT IT WILL MAY 2915.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #59
suzook

Drives: camaro
[QUOTE=KILLA BEE;8822685]
Quote:
I have had my 13 ss for 3 years now, and getting ready for a 16. I am starting to seriously think about getting the v6 and saving myself $8k. Based on what i have seen the new v6's are quite fast. My only concern is missing that low end torque. I actually prefer the cleaner front end on the LT, so thats a plus. Call me crazy, but there is just something not right not buying a v8 camaro Just dont want to

Trust you will regret it like I have for the past 3 years. Honestly I have never had a V8 But I will soon believe me. Now I'm still having thoughts on this new. V6 Because I m hearing so many good things regarding the exhaust. BUT it's still the V6. I'M sick of people asking whats under the hood and I say slowly a V6.
Then I have the auto V6 on top of that then all I hear is damn yo you should have got a manual. I just wanna say will you please STFU. So my mind is made up but I gotta be honest. Since I never had a V8 I could get a 2015 2ss with 2000 miles or brand new for like 30, 32000 dollars. Then I'm gonna hear damn yo You should have got the 2016. SHIT NEVER ENDS BUT IT WILL MAY 2915.
I dont worry about what people tell me what i should have got. Happens every day. I did drive the 6 though, and its dead on the low end. Cant give up that low end grunt of the v8.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #60
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
I'M sick of people asking whats under the hood and I say slowly a V6.
Then I have the auto V6 on top of that then all I hear is damn yo you should have got a manual. I just wanna say will you please STFU.
We're currently debating the V6 and V8. Can you imagine when the 4 cylinder is available?

I read in one of the reviews that GM felt like they had to offer a 4 cyl to appeal to a certain segment. I'm not sure who that group is, based on this thread.

(In my experience, people who are disappointed in -my- choices about... anything... are disappointed I didn't do what they wish they could. Screw 'em. )
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #61
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Cant give up that low end grunt of the v8.
I've been reading about the torque curves in these. Is it just that the V6 takes longer to get into its power band? 'cause it obviously finds torque at some point... 0-60: 5.2s. If it starts off slow it must really get gone later to make up for it.
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #62
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
We're currently debating the V6 and V8. Can you imagine when the 4 cylinder is available?

I read in one of the reviews that GM felt like they had to offer a 4 cyl to appeal to a certain segment. I'm not sure who that group is, based on this thread.

(In my experience, people who are disappointed in -my- choices about... anything... are disappointed I didn't do what they wish they could. Screw 'em. )
Fuel efficiency driven folks AND

since the internals already spec'd for boost, I think the modders will go for the FI 4 banger. There's a post somewhere here showing a boosted 4 on the ATS doing some pretty nasty runs.

I think each motor has it's die hards and each for good reason. I think that because this is a performance car forum in which the car's heritage has been 90% V8 ( a guess to illustrate my point), that maybe a small majority here will just naturally appreciate the V8 the most.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #63
suzook

Quote:
I've been reading about the torque curves in these. Is it just that the V6 takes longer to get into its power band? 'cause it obviously finds torque at some point... 0-60: 5.2s. If it starts off slow it must really get gone later to make up for it.
Yes, just have to keep the revs up. Its fast, but just need to keep it up in the revs
Old 01-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #64
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
If you're worrying about how fast it was clocked in the quarter mile, you're going to regret it. There's no point in spending all that money if you're not going to get exactly what you want. Otherwise, you're going to be making payments on something that isn't going to make you happy and it will always be in the back of your mind.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #65
suzook

I stated im going for the V8. No v6 for me.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #66
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:

+100
Old 01-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #67
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Given the performance numbers on the new 4 and 6 cylinders, the decision is really more a question of what character you're looking for in the car.

To me, the perfect car would be the 1SS drivetrain and suspension in the 1LT body; I prefer the 1LT front end and simple, clean blade spoiler. Add in the basic silver 20" split spoke wheels and it's perfect.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #68
VividPsychosis

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT V6
I went from an 89 Iroc-Z to a 02 Z28 to the 16 2LT V6 RS. Let me tell you. I am totally happy. Got it all teched out, it has more ponies than my 02 and the TECH is so nice and the interior is gorgeous.
VividPsychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #69
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Given the performance numbers on the new 4 and 6 cylinders, the decision is really more a question of what character you're looking for in the car.

To me, the perfect car would be the 1SS drivetrain and suspension in the 1LT body; I prefer the 1LT front end and simple, clean blade spoiler. Add in the basic silver 20" split spoke wheels and it's perfect.
I agree with you. Much prefer the 1LT front end over the SS front end. but wouldn't consider giving up the great new V8 engine for that. I went to Vegas for SEMA right after the Gen5 came out and there were lots of companies offering new front bumper and grille styles already. Going back this year and hope to find something I like that is not too expensive to change the SS front bumper mine will have. My wife feels the same. Had both car styles side by side at a local dealer last week and that really made my like the 1LT front better. I can get big discount at local parts counter so I will price what all the parts would cost to convert to the 1LT styling but expect it to be too much cost. Going with the blade spoiler option on rear though, don't like the 1LT or SS rear spoiler.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #70
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
I agree with you. Much prefer the 1LT front end over the SS front end. but wouldn't consider giving up the great new V8 engine for that. I went to Vegas for SEMA right after the Gen5 came out and there were lots of companies offering new front bumper and grille styles already. Going back this year and hope to find something I like that is not too expensive to change the SS front bumper mine will have. My wife feels the same. Had both car styles side by side at a local dealer last week and that really made my like the 1LT front better. I can get big discount at local parts counter so I will price what all the parts would cost to convert to the 1LT styling but expect it to be too much cost. Going with the blade spoiler option on rear though, don't like the 1LT or SS rear spoiler.
Now this surprises me. I agree with you on the spoiler. It has a little to be desired. I guess I kinda like the fact you like the LT front better than the SS front. A major reason is cause I have the 2LT. The front of the SS, the grille kinda zig zags around. Looks like a cage.
The LTs grille has straight lines.
Why else do you like the LT front so much?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote