Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
need help

dont know the legal rules of cali for mods and what not, i want my car to be loud so i bought a cat back exhaust ( borla atak catback) and im diappointed plus i want a new cold air intake for my 2011 camaro ss, shitty part all this is i have an auto
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
antnicSS2010

Drives: 2014 White ZL1
Don't get frustrated get a diablo programer(hand held) and turn off the DOD (4,6,8) and you will be very pleased !!! Trust me. I love it but the gas now goes faster but that what needed to be done !!!! I have SLP LoudMouth exhaust (muffler delete) before turning it off it sounded so bad !!! Now it sounds bad ass coming out of first gear using paddle shift !! I also installed an air raid cold air intake which I am very happy with !! That hand held does wonders man !!! Good luck, if you have any questions you cam pm me !!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
CamaroStrong
Central Coast Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/2007 Escalade ESV
I bought a NoWeeds exhaust so it still passes smog but I can divert the exhaust after the cats and it now sounds like a true muscle car! Then when I don't need it (CHP or some other form of Cali law) I just hit the button and it goes quiet. And I'm with antnic on the diablo programmer, well worth the money!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
If you're asking about the rules of California, you'll probably not want to get hi flow cats (number one piece to make your car louder).

CAI, catback exhaust/muffler delete, and a tune are about only things you can do. Some CAI's are illegal in California so beware of what brand you buy. Also you can either do a handheld tune which is a one-tune-fits-all type of deal, or take your care to a local shop and have them tune it. Dyno/street tunes are more expensive but they are tailored to your car and you can have them adjust things to your liking.

If you give us a little more information on what you're looking for, we could give you a little more detailed info. =)
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Because you have an L99 you have a set of rather large resonators up stream. You can remove them and replace them with an X pipe. That will increase the noise level and still keep you legal.

The big orange section is the resonators.

SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
You have six years until you need a smog so just keep all your stock parts. When its time to smog just instal all your stock stuff...

JASON
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote