Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Afterburners with 3 wires

Hey everyone, so I bought a set of afterburners from a site called XTR AutoVision and they came with 3 wires attached to the half LED ring. Trying to figure out what the extra (yellow) wire is for but they haven't responded to my emails or anything.... Already installed the LEDs and all that just need to wire them up..

Here's what their site says about the install options, maybe this will help?
Quote:
Use just as a Parking Light, choosing between the two light Modes when wiring them up.

2nd way : Use as Running Lights & Turn/Brake Light ( this is the only set out there that you can do this with).
I want to do the 2nd option, I'm guessing I tap into the turn signal with the extra (yellow) wire?

I drive a 2011, if that makes a difference in color coding on the tail light wires. Any help would be appreciated. Hoping to get them finished tonight when I get off work. Had to install them unwired as it's my daily driver last night because I couldn't find any information on this extra wire.

Hoping this is a stupid question, I just don't want t-taps everywhere in my car I've had to trial and error with.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
From their website:

Dual Brightness: Bright and Brighter Modes.

Allows you the choice between two different halo light applications:
1st way: Use just as a Parking Light, choosing between the two light Modes when wiring them up.
2nd way : Use as Running Lights & Turn/Brake Light ( this is the only set out there that you can do this with).
Installation Directions via Email.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

I know on their site previously they didn't have an email address. So I tried sending one to the address I sent the money via PayPal and got nothing. Seems like today they've update their site to add a contact us and they have responded now to that just not with the instructions.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The lights are dual intensity, red positive +, Black ground - and Yellow to Brake/turn positive.

Or you can just use the Yellow and black wire for bright afterburner effect.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

That's what I thought. I plugged them in and now I don't have any tail lights except my 3rd one in the window..... Ideas?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
That's what I thought. I plugged them in and now I don't have any tail lights except my 3rd one in the window..... Ideas?
I sent you a PM give me a call.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

I got the lights working... the issue was there is another plug other than the ones that go to the bulbs that needs to be plugged in on both sides in order for any of the tail lights to work.... weird..

Anyone have their afterburners hooked to a switch? I have fog light halos and turn my lights off when I get in my car so my fogs aren't on and I flip a switch for my halos and demon eyes. Can anyone give me an idea how to do this for the tail lights? Should I run a wire all the way to the same switch in the front of my car or is there an easier way?