Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #1555
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
beautyful
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #1556
All-American ZL1
Chevy Power

Drives: 13 ZL1 M6 #123, '98 Jeep Wrangler
What a difference from stock! You certainly have set the bar high. Any ideas on how to clean up the LSA in the new ZL1's? They have crap everywhere underneath of the cover!
All-American ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1557
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
it's coming back together. Looks awesome assembled Nathan.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #1558
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Welp...this thread is getting bookmarked forever...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1559
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
T he regular eng.cover looks good,but what most of the guy's on here have done look very good!i really like the carbon fiber vlv.cvrs and the powdercoated intake,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #1560
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
well in about a week or so im gonna start on mine , just ordered a ton of fittings hose sleeve , this and that, the wife is gonna kill me when she see the ups drop off a package and its this stuff. she will be like all that $ for that stuff lol.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1561
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
This is a work an art!

Oh, uhm you missed a spot.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #1562
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Really nice attention to detail!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #1563
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
looking fantastic sir
Thanks LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
WOW !!!!!
Thanks Pilot!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
WOW Nathan, just WOW
That is seriously the cleanest engine I have ever seen, b clean I mean not dirty and just executed in it's Assembly and look. WOW
That makes me want to do that to mine, but I know there is no way, not with it being a DD.
Thanks SummoneR, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Amazing transformation, Nathan! That looks sick.

You should have no problems with conducting now.

You've still got several months of work left, but I know how nice it is to be able to call parts of it "complete". Amazing work. I WILL see this car in person some day. Pics are nice, but I can't imagine it capturing even a fraction of the detail as a whole.
God willing I will be able to pick up and burn a little rubber by than!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post

Thanks Nino

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Awesome man! Ready to see more!

They will be a lot more but I just need a 10 minute break, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
absolutely incredible.
Thanks Goshawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Ditto to this, I will see this car in person at some point. That motor looks fantastic!
Kyle, all I can say is thanks for all your help Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Badd Ass Nathan !!!!!!!!
Same goes to you EZ. By the way, I pick up a mag last week and saw something very familiar, Congrats, well deserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
Looks awesome Nathan!
Thanks SS4PK .......... by the way, we need more picks! Keep your project going

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKILL View Post
KILL........EEEERRRRRR !!!!!!

Not bad for a 5th gen bullet Nathan, you out did yourself (hell, everyone!). Incredible detail. Might be looking for anodizers this winter. Already going to change things

It never ends, LOL> I've been keeping track of your build on a few sited. It wont be long

You probably don't care about AC plumbing bling now do ya....?
HELL YES I am, I've been waiting for you to post pics. Stop teasing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Nate....I may have missed where you said what headers you are going with. I know you are in Cali. Shorties or LTs?
Not sure yet, I was going to go with some new headers by Vararam but I don't know if they'll be ready in time. Maybe Kooks, ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
THAT is flat out beautamonious. By the time you get this all done it should be in an automotive museum/gallery. Insure the crud out of this thing because it's going to be worth it!
Thanks Doc, as you know part of my theme is to have as well balance a car as yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csendlak View Post
Thanks Csendlak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
Thanks Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Looks amazing... That would be a living room decoration!!

Myself and a few club folks re-routed my hoses and flipped the fuel rail on my car... Does make it look a lot better.

Thanks stikSS and make sure to post picks. This is an interactive thread for all of us to share our ideas and projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
Good God Nathan

Been following this and my engine shot at the beginning of this thread is absolutely pale in comparison.

Since your in Cali you've got to show this at SEMA next year.

It will blow some minds for sure!
Thanks 67 and thats my goal, SEMA. I have gone for the last 8 years (since I was 14) and it would be a great honor to have it there.

By the way, age requirement is 16 but don't say that to anybody, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
yea buddieeeee!!!!!!!
Thanks dekan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012REDSS View Post
Dude execellent work looks freaking amazing. Just don't scratch it putting it back in lol
LOL, I'll try not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Wow! That looks so amazing. Haven't stopped by lately but dang!
Thanks Kj

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Man, still can't wait to see the final results. Some serious work going into this engine compartment.
Just 5 more minutes and I should be done, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownSS View Post
I havent cleaned up the wires but here is how mine is coming along. Hope you like.

Chitown thanks for posting. Looking good. I will add your bay to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Cogtrats on making the front page. Engine is looking great. I'm starting slowly. Just put on a black ported Throttle body, but sending the catch can back since it got scratched in shipping.
Great start. I started with the heater hoses, LOL. Look Paul, I didn't mention your name. Ops, I just did, You know I lave you Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Dude WTF! that is just insanely beautiful. Really nice

Thanks Cali

So where is the list to sign for mine?
I have a bunch of stuff I wont be using. Maybe I will figure away to do a mini transformation for one of our members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
beautyful

Thanks Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American ZL1 View Post
What a difference from stock! You certainly have set the bar high. Any ideas on how to clean up the LSA in the new ZL1's? They have crap everywhere underneath of the cover!
Thats such a bitching ride, I don't think I would want to do anything to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
it's coming back together. Looks awesome assembled Nathan.
Pryo thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Welp...this thread is getting bookmarked forever...

There is a lot of good info here from a bunch of our members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
The regular eng. cover looks good, but what most of the guy's on here have done look very good! I really like the carbon fiber vlv.cvrs and the powder-coated intake,
Thanks Lawman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
well in about a week or so im gonna start on mine, just ordered a ton of fittings hose sleeve, this and that, the wife is gonna kill me when she see the ups drop off a package and its this stuff. she will be like all that $ for that stuff lol.
Head's up, most of the time there's an invoice in the box. make sure she doesn't open any of the boxes or Just tell her...... Honey this stuff cheap...... about $5, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
This is a work an art!

Oh, uhm you missed a spot.
Thanks James

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
Really nice attention to detail!
Thanks Overar and your right, I've learn it's the details that make the difference.

Again, thanks guys for all the kind words! I really appreciate it coming from my fellow enthusiast

How many of you guys would like to see a DIY on relocating the fuse box. Stay tune till Friday, I will have more on that.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #1564
PM Designs

Drives: 2011 Camaro, 99 Silverado , 69 C-10
Motor looks amazing, excellent work!
PM Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #1565
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Same goes to you EZ. By the way, I pick up a mag last week and saw something very familiar, Congrats, well deserved!

Thanks Dude!! I am still ridng on the HIGH from having my car in the magazine!!
Oh...and you SUCK...I would KILL to go to SEMA !!! ..LOL
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #1566
OVRKILL

Drives: 01SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
HELL YES I am, I've been waiting for you to post pics. Stop teasing!
Lol, couple teasers. Crunchin for SEMA so more pics next week if everything works out over the next couple days....

From this...

To this....

Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #1567
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Exclamation **Plug Wires???**

Nathan congrats. Your engine is truly a work of art. I am envious. You mention in your last post that you are going to change wires. I am looking at Joey Granatelli's set of wires. He has a couple of slick videos at Youtube on his wire set. Here is a quick link. See what you think. Maybe you already have a set picked out. I didn't realize there was so many choices and so many results from various brands. Worth looking at.

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #1568
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Thanks Dude!! I am still riding on the HIGH from having my car in the magazine!!
I'll make sure to take lots of pics. Oh, and I have an extra couple of pass if you want to come........

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKILL View Post
Lol, couple teasers. Crunchin for SEMA so more pics next week if everything works out over the next couple days....
Brent, that looks AWESOME. Questions

1. Did you just cut off the factory lines and welded an AN fitting?
2. What hoses are you going to using?

I'm going to do something similar. I have several options on how to route the lines, just need to determine which would work best. I hate the factory AC line on the Gen 5 and how it's so intrusive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Designs View Post
Motor looks amazing, excellent work!

Thanks PM, I counted today about 11 more things I need to do to it to consider totally done.

1. Headers

2. Coil wires

3. Coil Bracket

4. Remote oil cooler fitting. I decided not to use the factory cooler after all the detail work I spent on it.

5. Replace fuel rails with individual hard lines.

6. Replace TB with a NW

7. I'm replacing the Turn One power steering pump with my factory unit. Actually I'm keeping it the Turn One pump also.

I decided to run a remote reservoir tank instead of the billet tank I have from Visual Impact Performance Systems. I didn't really like the look for my thyme or how far it sat to the right in relation the PS bracket.

This is somewhat the look I'm shooting for.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  51.1 KB

Here the actual tank I'm using from Lee's Power Steering. It's shown a 40 degree temperature drop in on track race conditions

Name:  resorvoir-01-lrg.jpg
Views: 1607
Size:  18.6 KB

To do this, I need to put fit AN fitting like picture below.

Name:  a.png
Views: 1494
Size:  25.2 KB

This requires threading the pump for the fittings which could potential drop metal shaving in, NOT a good thing. Since since we will need to pull it apart, I figured I just use the stock pump. While apart, they will perform blue print it and perform there magic.

The Turn One unit I will keep as is ......... l spoke with Visual Impact Performance Systems and I'll be sending them my factory plastic tank tomorrow. This way they can make a billet tank specifically designed for our Gen 5. Synner, I hope you appreciate that!!! LOL If I like it, I can use the Turn One pump for it as an alternative. So basically, I'm hedging my bet.

8. Create a custom harness for the injectors. More on that later.

9. Do another intake in texture black with some mods done to it. I think I'd like it better. with the brush stainless injector lines and the billet NW TB.

10. Satin clear the valve covers to give them a more industrial race mechanical look.

The goods news is I can do those things as I work on the engine bay. The biggest part of rebuilding it has been done!

Quote:
Thanks Dude!! I am still riding on the HIGH from having my car in the magazine!!
I'll make sure to take lots of pics. Oh, and I have an extra couple of pass if you want to come........

Brent, that looks AWESOME. Questions

1. Did you just cut off the factory lines and welded an AN fitting?
2. What hoses are you going to using?

I'm going to do something similar. I have several options on how to route the lines, just need to determine which would work best. I hate the factory AC line on the Gen 5 and how it's so intrusive!

5. Replace fuel rails with individual hard lines.

6. Replace TB with a NW

7. I'm replacing the Turn One power steering pump with my factory unit. Actually I'm keeping it. I'm taking my factory PS pump to Lee's Power Steering (They do a lot of racing applications) on Friday. The reason, I decided to run a remote reservoir tank. To do this, I need to put AN fitting. To do that, you have to pull the pump apart. Being that's the case, I figured I'd just have them do it on the my factory unit and rework it at the same time.

The Turn One unit I will leave as is. In the meantime, I wont be using the billet remote tank I have But I did speak with Visual Impact Performance Systems and will be sending them tomorrow the factory plastic unit. This way they can make a billet tank specifically designed for our Gen 5. If I like it, I could use the Turn One pump for it. So basically, I'm hedging my bet.

8. Create a custom harness for the injectors. The ideas is to eliminate the injector connectors altogether!

To do this, the wires need to be spliced directly to the injectors.

Name:  saa.png
Views: 1581
Size:  493.4 KB

The epoxy will prevent any moisture from getting in.

Name:  3.png
Views: 1711
Size:  426.0 KB

And lastly covering them with a 90 degree heat shrink boot.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1618
Size:  40.5 KB

All four injectors will have a connector in the rear to disconnect them as one assembly.

9. Do another intake in texture black with some mods done to it. I think I'd like it better.

So basically I still have a tone of detail work to do. The goods news is I can do those things as I work on the engine bay. The biggest part of rebuilding it has been done!

Last edited by Moreno1; 10-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote