Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Question Vandalism on the rise? Are YOU worried?

It seems every time I get on here the past few days I just keep seeing vandalism everywhere... I've owned my car for over 2.5 years now, and I've never really been worried about vandalism too much in the past, but sure I've been fairly protective about my car just as I'm sure most of you have... But now all of the sudden today I'm starting to be concerned...

Usually I'm always near it, in places no one would would really mess with it (Work, my shop, UPS). If I did go into a public place, (grocery store, walmart, parts house), I wasn't in there long because I typically know why I'm going and its an in and out thing.

Now that the weather has been nice, I has started hiking after I get all my work done almost every day, and the car is left in the unsecured parking lot at the base of the trail-head of which ever mountain I decide to hike that day for 1-2 hours at a time... I was actually concerned today, "What if somebody messes with it?"...

Maybe I'm just being paranoid from seeing everyone's recent misfortune. It certainly sucks for all that it has happened to, and I wouldn't wish vandalism, or disrespect of property to anyone.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Yes I'm very worried. I keep my Camaro covered up in my driveway because I havent fully finished cleaning out my garage yet. I live in a nice neighborhood but i'm right down the street from our local highschool, middle school, AND elementary school. Everyday I get home from work I pull the cover off just to check it out. It drives me crazy and I'm constantly paranoid especially after reading all the unfortuneate stories from other people. Hopefully I'll be ale to finish the garage soon and get it parked inside.

At work I have the luxury of parking in our building which is nice because I work in a very bad area. Running around town im not TOO worried about it but its constantly in the back of my mind.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Nope, not concerned...probably no worse than its ever been...And if it does happen to me, I sort of look at it like, oh well, at least it's overwith...What are the odds of it happening twice?...Not worth getting an ulcer or high-blood pressure over....lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
I worry about it...but then...what can you do?

I expect my insurance company to step up if something actually does happen. At least...they better....
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
At the end of the day, if someone wants to mess with your car, they will.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
We are all in this boat together
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
The vandalism just seems so much more prevelent these days. I worry about mine also.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
It seems every time I get on here the past few days I just keep seeing vandalism everywhere... I've owned my car for over 2.5 years now, and I've never really been worried about vandalism too much in the past, but sure I've been fairly protective about my car just as I'm sure most of you have... But now all of the sudden today I'm starting to be concerned...

Usually I'm always near it, in places no one would would really mess with it (Work, my shop, UPS). If I did go into a public place, (grocery store, walmart, parts house), I wasn't in there long because I typically know why I'm going and its an in and out thing.

Now that the weather has been nice, I has started hiking after I get all my work done almost every day, and the car is left in the unsecured parking lot at the base of the trail-head of which ever mountain I decide to hike that day for 1-2 hours at a time... I was actually concerned today, "What if somebody messes with it?"...

Maybe I'm just being paranoid from seeing everyone's recent misfortune. It certainly sucks for all that it has happened to, and I wouldn't wish vandalism, or disrespect of property to anyone.
Don't mean to make you even more paranoid, but you're just as likely to get mugged hiking, or jogging.

There has been a lot of that going on lately around here.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
LewiSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
My rule is if I cant see the car from where I'm at or know for a fact it will be ok where I'm at, the Camaro stays in the garage. Kids these days, you never know. I'm only 23 but I can say I never once thought of ever doing anything to someone's car, and if by some chance I did, I knew I would be paying for it when my parents found out!!

I have a 57 Belair I'm building and when I first brought it to the house I had it on a trailer in the drive way. I woke up to see two teenage kids on the trailer trying to get the door open. Needless to say after I ran after them with my 9mm all the kids in the neighborhood look at me a little different.
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I know I'll get flamed for this but personally I think everyone needs to stop pretending it's a 2 million dollar car. People on here I realize have had vandalism issues but most seem to be infuriated at the idea or someone walking around their car. I've had this car almost 3 years and I have parked in more sketchy places in tampa and south hillsborough than most of the cars on here will ever see. And guess what. No problems. Another thing. I've had mine since they were red hot in '09 when a lot of people hadn't ever seen one in person. If something was gonna happen it would have then more so than now, reason being they are not rare anymore. If I'm wrong forgive me but my dealer must have gipped me of the Bugatti badges.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Insurance helps me sleep at night

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/TF3
I had my Camaro sitting in a public library parking lot for approximately 45 minutes, and someone scraped off the Autobot Badge on my driver's side... Vandalism is ridiculous...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumble Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
I'm not worried at all. I guess I'm lucky to be retired and have a garage to protect my cars at night. The few times I do park my car, it's NEVER out of sight from the Starbucks window.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Hmmmm....have dogs on the fenced property at the house, 2 acres and lots of weapons. Dont take leave any of the nice rides ever parked in a public lot just because of all I read and here about. Have 200k mile daily driver that not worried about for reg tranpostation. Can't imagine ever living in an apartment or somehwere not secure.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote