Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #71
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
I can read very well Sir and I understand what the OP is asking as well. AGP question was about a stock stall and that is what my response was regarding. I respect your remarks and hope you will tender the same respect, but I am very well versed in English and reading Sir.

https://youtu.be/f8Hq4bY6WE4

here is a ZL1 with everything getting murdered by a turbo car. Click bait videos couldnt save guitarmeggedon ZL1.
2015 Camaro SS, LS3 Stroker, PRC heads,CUSTOM CAM. AGP 68/68 with custom Hot and Cold side. Fore triple pumps, Holley terminator X. BMR drag suspension with carlyle brake kit. 15" ET drags and 17" skinnies. ZL1 3.73 gears , aluminum driveshaft. TH400 with circle D converter.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #72
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post

here is a ZL1 with everything getting murdered by a turbo car. Click bait videos couldnt save guitarmeggedon ZL1.

Haha. That's impossible. Everybody knows that PD blower cars are faster off the line and turbo cars can only play catch up. My eyes must be lying to me cause that looked like the turbo car was ahead every inch of the track. TWICE.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #73
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post

Hillshooter and AGP, guys first thing we are all part of the Camaro forum family and by no means am I trying to bash turbo cars or your business I was making the point that stock converter ZL1's are running those numbers. No disrespect to you or your business just validating your statement. AGP the cars that I am speaking of two of them actually belong to me and the converters are truly stock. Also my buddy and I do have a 2011 twin tubro SS as well and it just ran in the low 5's in a 1/8th so I am also part of the turbo family as well. I love all NA and forced induction cars and again just was making the point about the stock converter with a 6L90 tranny not trying to bash nor offend either of you guys! OP apologies for sidetracking your thread on this.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #74
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #75
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
I'll never understand milleinials and their vlogging. All their videos are the same. I can't beleive people find them interesting. Reality TV taken to a new low. Turbo Camaro is fast tho..
Old 08-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #76
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
I'm headed to the track on the 19 of this month. Would hope to run a 10.99 or faster.
Stock engine with a mild cam,8psi of boost with a 3000RPM converter 6L90 with 3.23.
It ran 11.28 before on 5psi of boost.
After that,we are yanking the engine out for a new BTR388
Old 08-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #77
PwrAdikt

Drives: 2005 silverado ss 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
I can read very well Sir and I understand what the OP is asking as well. AGP question was about a stock stall and that is what my response was regarding. I respect your remarks and hope you will tender the same respect, but I am very well versed in English and reading Sir.
Never said you aren't versed in the english language or reading lol. Dont get your panties in a wad. But honestly the first 2 sentences were the only ones remotely having anything to do with the subject "and only bc it mentioned stock converter and trans even tho it was on an entirely different setup" the rest was LSA nuthugging inside a turbo thread.
PwrAdikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #78
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Haha. That's impossible. Everybody knows that PD blower cars are faster off the line and turbo cars can only play catch up. My eyes must be lying to me cause that looked like the turbo car was ahead every inch of the track. TWICE.
isn't that a 1000hp turbo car vs like a 800hp PD car, i would hope the turbo car would be ahead of him the whole time lol
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #79
Little Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrAdikt View Post
Never said you aren't versed in the english language or reading lol. Dont get your panties in a wad. But honestly the first 2 sentences were the only ones remotely having anything to do with the subject "and only bc it mentioned stock converter and trans even tho it was on an entirely different setup" the rest was LSA nuthugging inside a turbo thread.
None of us own the forum or can control what someone bring up in a thread it happens all the time, if you don't like what you read move on, you don't have that type of control on this forum! Actually dega brought up some very good points that made me and probably many others realize that there is a big difference between having big horsepower and how quick you can make that horsepower.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #80
PwrAdikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
None of us own the forum or can control what someone bring up in a thread it happens all the time, if you don't like what you read move on, you don't have that type of control on this forum! Actually dega brought up some very good points that made me and probably many others realize that there is a big difference between having big horsepower and how quick you can make that horsepower.
If thats the case then why not read MY comment and move on?

Comments and crap like this is what turns every thread where we try to talk about how our setups work and respond to different things into SC vs Turbo. Let us read what the agp kits are doing instead of filling it with my supercharger does this or that...

Last edited by PwrAdikt; 08-10-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #81
Little Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrAdikt View Post
If thats the case then why not read my comment and move on?

Comments and crap like this is what turns every thread where we try to talk about how our setups work and respond to different things into SC vs Turbo. Let us read what the agp kits are doing instead of filling it with my supercharger does this or that...
AGAIN you do not own this forum and do not have that type of control. NOT HERE!
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #82
PwrAdikt

Quote:
AGAIN you do not own this forum and do not have that type of control. NOT HERE!
Lol well read my comment n move on like u said

The EXACT words you typed were
Quote:
if you don't like what you read move on

Last edited by PwrAdikt; 08-10-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #83
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGbambam View Post
isn't that a 1000hp turbo car vs like a 800hp PD car, i would hope the turbo car would be ahead of him the whole time lol
Guitarmageddonzl1s car is some where around 950 rwhp, and its a pd plus nos car, and it ran something like a 9.54 via his YouTube channel, not sure of the hp or time ran by the turbo car
Old 08-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #84
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
John doc turbo car is a "no time car" and doesn't post times in respect to fellow grudge racers. Car has 8.50 cert cage and parachute so if i had to guess he's been high 8's at 150+
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote