Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #71
floridacamaro91

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT RS, 08 3.6 CTS
Can somebody explain that to me: I am looking a the photos of the convertible's rear spoiler and it goes beyond the sides of he deck lid.
The RS rear spoiler on my 2010 CG does not.
Is this a new / different rear spoiler and will it fit he coupe?
floridacamaro91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #72
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridacamaro91 View Post
Can somebody explain that to me: I am looking a the photos of the convertible's rear spoiler and it goes beyond the sides of he deck lid.
The RS rear spoiler on my 2010 CG does not.
Is this a new / different rear spoiler and will it fit he coupe?
It's a new spoiler. Not sure if it'll fit the coupe.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #73
floridacamaro91

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT RS, 08 3.6 CTS
That's what I thought. How can I find out?
floridacamaro91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #74
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
DANG IT ALL! I live in West chester (on Tylersville Rd.) And I SWEAR that looks dead on the Thorntons on Tylersville right by I-75 (right next to Lowes).... I wish I would have known it would have been there and I would have been there in a heartbeat. Thats less than a mile from my house.... how did I miss it! AHHH.

I love it. The shark fin is sexy, so I don't know why people don't like it. I hate coupes, so I was planning on trading in my bumblebee for a convertible when they came out (waiting to hear if there will be a convertible Z28 though). I only bought a coupe because vertes didn't exist, and I miss having one soooo bad (3000GT Spyder is what I had before).

Thanks for showing it off! I'll continue to wallow in depression of missing it so close to my home, and continue to be depressed as I'm stuck in a coupe driving around knowing there are some vertes on the road, but hopefully I can get rid of the camaro I have and get a beauty like that one soon!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #75
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
I love how the side rear windows power down. I wish they did that in the coupe as well.
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #76
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
DANG IT ALL! I live in West chester (on Tylersville Rd.) And I SWEAR that looks dead on the Thorntons on Tylersville right by I-75 (right next to Lowes).... I wish I would have known it would have been there and I would have been there in a heartbeat. Thats less than a mile from my house.... how did I miss it! AHHH.

I love it. The shark fin is sexy, so I don't know why people don't like it. I hate coupes, so I was planning on trading in my bumblebee for a convertible when they came out (waiting to hear if there will be a convertible Z28 though). I only bought a coupe because vertes didn't exist, and I miss having one soooo bad (3000GT Spyder is what I had before).

Thanks for showing it off! I'll continue to wallow in depression of missing it so close to my home, and continue to be depressed as I'm stuck in a coupe driving around knowing there are some vertes on the road, but hopefully I can get rid of the camaro I have and get a beauty like that one soon!
Hahhh...it is the Thorntons by 75.

I posted about it in the Ohio thread the day before...doesn't seem like it got many hits since it was Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #77
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hahhh...it is the Thorntons by 75.

I posted about it in the Ohio thread the day before...doesn't seem like it got many hits since it was Thanksgiving weekend.
I took a vacation from the internet last week and the weekend because my sister and her kids came to visit from Colorado- I only get to see them once a year, so camaro5.com wasn't on my "must do list". Sorry I missed it, but thanks for bringing it by, and sharing the info!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #78
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I like it with the top down OK. I'm happy it will be a classic, I believe it will be! . . . . . . I just hope the 1st supercharged from factory Z28 might be a collecters car too!?!?!?

lol

Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #79
camdaddy
67 and still a Camaro nut

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 6M Airaid/Corsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by az2009se View Post
Two easy things could have made the 'vert so much better.

First, the 3rd brake light should have been integrated into the wing and/or rear edge of the trunk. Looks cheap as it is.

Second that shark fin should have been reshapped to stay closer to the body. I saw many cars this weekend at the Arizona International Autoshow from other manufactures with satellite receivers that were better suited shapes than the current sharkfin. I don't even really care for it on my coupe.

However neither of these issues would stop me from buying one.
Except it would keep me from buying one.
camdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #80
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublefatty View Post
top coming down... I think I just felt a little movement.......

If it last for more then 4 hours, call your doctor.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #81
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Like I always felt before on most all cars. Top up is hideous compared to a hard top.

Top down??????
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #82
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
I have nothing against convertibles. But a ragtop just isnt made for this car. I guess the top down looks ok, but the the top up on this car is an epic FAIL. Theres just too much ragtop. There's like 5 feet of ragtop and the shape of it is awkward. Basically you're messing with something thats not even broken. A standard hardtop Camaro's roof and back window are huge parts of what gives the car its signature shape. Yuck. you can keep it.
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #83
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It's not bad ,but I don't like how the top of the window frame seal sticks up. That looks very cheap with the top down.
I agree
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #84
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Well I for one am now looking at getting a hard top coupe, I looked at a hard top 2LT today in person and am sold on the color and style. That sexy top and how it just flows into those sexy hips of the car are totally destroyed by the convertible. Some folks in here stated that this is not a car to make a convertible out of, and they are so right.
My hat is off the folks at Chevy for giving it an honest try, I mean it really looks awesome with the top down, but with the top up I might as well take the bus because it looks like the Griswalds "truckster" with the top up~
Name:  family-truckster.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  32.4 KB

The hardtop design is what initially drew me to the car from the beginning and I am now to the point where I am withdrawing my craving for the ragtop, ya I want a ragtop but I dont think I want it in the Camaro, they will be at least another 5 grand and around where I live there is only about ten week period where I can really enjoy having a raptop.
Besides there is a beautiful RJT 2LT/RS at the local dealership just calling my name lol. I will still give the convertible another chance be checking it out in person but if it is anything like that then its a NO for me.