Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
harrycallahan

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
DO NOT order from Paintscratch.com

I ordered OEM ZL1 wheel black from http://www.paintscratch.com/ . I also ordered the recommended clear coat and primer just to make the job consistent with their recommendations. I received the order about a week later. I opened the box and found a can of Duplicolor Primer, and Duplicolor Clear coat (both of which I could have purchased for half the price at the local auto parts store). I opened the bag containing the OEM paint, attached the tip and shook the can. I sprayed the paint on a test panel and was surprised to see red come out of the can.
I contacted paintscratch.com and sent a photo of the can, which I could see was clearly labeled "Jeep red." I explained there must have been a mixup. I also called them and requested a call back. I received an email telling me to use the return form. I filled out the form appropriately and received another email stating that I needed to send a color sample to them for review. I called again, no response. I sent another email telling them it was clear I received Red not BLACK. I received another email from paintscratch stating that I needed to follow the return rules or nothing could be done.
Paintscratch is IMPOSSIBLE to deal with. They made a mistake and refuse to handle it by just sending me the CORRECT color. Take my advice, this company is shady. Stay away.
harrycallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Good to know. Sounds like they make customers jump through hoops and because of that, people would rather eat a loss than continue to deal with them

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
I had a similar experience with Racetronix. They could care less about the customer once the sale is completed.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycallahan View Post
I ordered OEM ZL1 wheel black from http://www.paintscratch.com/ . I also ordered the recommended clear coat and primer just to make the job consistent with their recommendations. I received the order about a week later. I opened the box and found a can of Duplicolor Primer, and Duplicolor Clear coat (both of which I could have purchased for half the price at the local auto parts store). I opened the bag containing the OEM paint, attached the tip and shook the can. I sprayed the paint on a test panel and was surprised to see red come out of the can.
I contacted paintscratch.com and sent a photo of the can, which I could see was clearly labeled "Jeep red." I explained there must have been a mixup. I also called them and requested a call back. I received an email telling me to use the return form. I filled out the form appropriately and received another email stating that I needed to send a color sample to them for review. I called again, no response. I sent another email telling them it was clear I received Red not BLACK. I received another email from paintscratch stating that I needed to follow the return rules or nothing could be done.
Paintscratch is IMPOSSIBLE to deal with. They made a mistake and refuse to handle it by just sending me the CORRECT color. Take my advice, this company is shady. Stay away.
Hope you can get your Credit Card to fix the issue
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I did send them an email telling them I wouldn't do business with them. I told them do good business or get out of business.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
harrycallahan

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
UPDATE

Looks like they finally sympathized with me. I checked my email this afternoon and found two more from paintscratch stating that they would send out a can of black paint and "thank you for your patience." I guess they understood my simple message- it's the wrong color, they made the mistake, and their return policy for those situations is downright ridiculous. So, I'll wait to see if they send me the right color and let you all know.
harrycallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Automotivetouchup.com is a great company to deal with for touch up paint

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Automotivetouchup.com is a great company to deal with for touch up paint

Ryan
Agreed. That's who I went through for mine.

Sorry to hear OP.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
I had a similar experience with Racetronix. They could care less about the customer once the sale is completed.
I find that most businesses operates like that now. Not all but a majority of them. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk