Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
Challenger owners have a real thin skin!!!

I was banned from posting on challengertalk because I posted a thread about how much I liked the new camaro. I was a member there for 6 months and had an order in for a new challenger when I realized how much I really liked the camaro over the challenger( So I cancelled the order). I realized that bringing that up with the challenger guys might seem wrong but I didn't rub it in, I just said I'm thinking of buying a Camaro and they banned me. Over the time that I had spent on that site I realized that they are actually a bunch of ass **les. Most of them think they have the best cars on the road and all the other muscle cars look like shit. Wait till I get my camaro and see a challenger on the road, its game on If you think I'm making this up, go over to that website check it out, every post concerning the camaro is a complete slam on the car. No Respect!!!!

I'm looking forward to enjoying my Camaro and spending my time on a quality website, like this one. Also it's going to look better parking my camaro in the garage next to my 07' Tahoe LTZ

This is exactly what I said:

I've decided after doing some research and canceling my order for an R/T challenger that it makes sense to go with the Camaro. I saw the camaro in person and I think it looks awsome. It also offers a lot more for the money which is a huge factor with the ever shrinking dollar. I'm very excited about it. We'll see you at the track my friends No hard feelings!!

Last edited by rodscamaro; 08-06-2009 at 01:27 AM.
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
well i think the chall looks good thats about it tho the camaro got everything els im looking for ...mpg price handling looks
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Normal, par for the course. You made the smart move, who cares what those boat owners think. Good luck and enjoy your Camaro!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
challenger people are just sore because they wanted to buy a new sports car and they were to impatient to wait for the camaro to come out so they bought a chally instead... and now that the camaro is out... they are jealous of the camaro owners because they wanted one
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
challenger people are just sore because they wanted to buy a new sports car and they were to impatient to wait for the camaro to come out so they bought a chally instead... and now that the camaro is out... they are jealous of the camaro owners because they wanted one

As far as I tell ... They are kinda happy to see lots of camaro's and stangs ... makes the chally kinda rare if you don't see them often

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...lengers-23542/

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well... what did you expect on a forum for another car?

Play with fire and you can get burned if you push the wrong buttons.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #7
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Challenger looks bad ass. Really nice body kit. But handling sucks, way too expensive for the same amount of horses as the maro, three hundred pounds heavier, bland interior and the ever dreaded gas guzzler tax. When the Z28 comes out, thats gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with. Haha. But so worth it!!!!! Welcome to the forum!!!
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 AM   #8
upheval
All over the planet

Drives: 2007 C6 M6 Victory Red
If it makes you feel any better, I smoked one the other day. I was on a two lane road and went to get around a slow truck that was in the lead. As I passed, I saw the orange with black stripes sleepy eyed car behind me about 4 cars back. As soon as I got back into my lane, here he comes. I let Mr. Mopar catch me and he revved. I complied by sticking the car in 2nd gear at 50mph, which caused it to lunge and rev. I got another rev from the Challenger and I went WOT. He did the same. At the end of third, he was 5-6 busses back and shrinking fast. Once we got to the next town I turned in the gas station and he passed. Then I saw the SRT8 badge on the rear spoiler. Wow, I thought" arnt those things supose to be fast?"
Full Exhaust Magna Charger Dyno'd Tuned 543RWHP 489RWTQ
2011 2500HD 6.6 4X4 Z71 397HP 767TQ Factory
Waiting on the ZL1
upheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by upheval View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I smoked one the other day. I was on a two lane road and went to get around a slow truck that was in the lead. As I passed, I saw the orange with black stripes sleepy eyed car behind me about 4 cars back. As soon as I got back into my lane, here he comes. I let Mr. Mopar catch me and he revved. I complied by sticking the car in 2nd gear at 50mph, which caused it to lunge and rev. I got another rev from the Challenger and I went WOT. He did the same. At the end of third, he was 5-6 busses back and shrinking fast. Once we got to the next town I turned in the gas station and he passed. Then I saw the SRT8 badge on the rear spoiler. Wow, I thought" arnt those things supose to be fast?"
srt8s are fast... soudns like he didnt know how to drive, because although the camaro should still win ... u shouldnt win by that much... maybe he was scared to floor it or something
Old 08-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #10
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I was on that forum they are super anal. I put up a link to a real funny video that the guys loved by the admin told me do that again your banned. haven't been back since. This site is great. You can shoot the crap like are in the garage with your buddies the mods here get it. People here treat u like family. Camaro5 FTW
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 AM   #11
JEFE SS
INFIDEL

Drives: TorRed 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8
I miss my SRT8 but I am looking forward to getting back into
a Camaro. The only reason I bought the charger in '07 (my 1st
Mopar) was because Chevy didn't offer a midrange priced muscle
car. Had a heavily moded SRT8 and am looking forward to owning
a 5th Gen and someday a 1st Gen Z10. Then will have owned one
from each body style.
JEFE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #12
coolman

I don't really fit into any of thease forms when it comes to brands. I have mopars,chevys,and fords. I love them all. To me if your a real car guy you wouldn't riddle somone for liking another brand. Doesn't mean you can't give them a friendly ribbing. That's why I feel at home here because I think most of you get it. I spent two day's on the challenger site months ago and that was all I could take. haven't been back since.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I don't really fit into any of thease forms when it comes to brands. I have mopars,chevys,and fords. I love them all. To me if your a real car guy you wouldn't riddle somone for liking another brand. Doesn't mean you can't give them a friendly ribbing. That's why I feel at home here because I think most of you get it. I spent two day's on the challenger site months ago and that was all I could take. haven't been back since.
I like both cars as well (Mustangs...not so much!). You'll find a handful of people on each side that feels that the best way to make their choice look good is to try to make someone else's choice look bad. Perhaps in some cases, some of these people wind up in 'moderator' positions on a forum.

Perhaps it's time for someone to create a new forum for modern muscle car where everyone would be welcome to discuss their cars...even the Mustang owners!

OP - I went back and couldn't find a post from you over there since 7/20...and none of the ones I did read would have warranted a ban. Was there something posted recently that got deleted? I can't imagine them waiting two weeks to ban you for a post which simply said you were getting a Camaro.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
...you cant just generalize an entire group of car buyers. those are enthusiasts who love their cars, what did you expect? for the most part it seems to me, ford guys, gm guys and chrysler guys are happy and know we now each have an awesome muscle car that can take on these little asian and european cars.

American muscle: 3
Foreign muscle: 0