Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
wishucould00

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to wishucould00
Rear camber kit "is it me or....."

Im looking at dropping my camaro with the h&r drop springs and i was reading up on camber issues on the rear once you do the drop. I started searching for camber kits and the only one that i found is the Pedders kit which is around $200. Im not knocking Pedders but $200 for basically four bolts, that sounds really crazy. You would think that these companies that offer lowering coils would also offer a camber kit to correct the issue. Am i nuts for thinking the price is high or do you agree.
wishucould00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yes, that's very high! From the threads I read at the time, it seemed like this wasn't necessary though - at least not the kit, that you could do it much cheaper yourself. I don't remember where those threads were though... :(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
wishucould00

well if anyone can help me out with a cheaper way it would greatly be appreciated. Ive searched but i cant find anything.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
wishucould00

wow no input of other ideas.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Just wait a few weeks, deal with it being as close as you can get with factory alignment and pick up the BMR control arms that are adjustable when they become available. Probably cheaper than the bolts from Pedders...
Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Just wait a few weeks, deal with it being as close as you can get with factory alignment and pick up the BMR control arms that are adjustable when they become available. Probably cheaper than the bolts from Pedders...
Exactly what I was thinking. The BMR adjustable pieces will solve your issues, and help your handling/traction at the same time.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I too think Pedders is high but you do recieve like 20 different alignment bolts. I am not sure what they are all for but there are alot of them in the kit. I am waiting on BMR.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
wishucould00

any ideas when bmr will be releasing the control arms
Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
There is a reason that Pedders bolts are the price they are, They are welded way better than the stock bolts are, and won't strip the eccentric like the stock ones do. They are stronger than stock bolts, they are plated unlike stock.

These bolts also allow much more adjustment than the stock parts.

The stock bolts are not cheap either, i had to buy a couple sets a while ago when we had a G8 in the shop with one of the eccentrics stripped.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
There's quite a bit of machining done to the bolts as well, they're not something you're gonna find at your local hardware store.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
There are 3 different kits to meet your needs:

1. Fronts to give you caster increases of 1 to 1.25 degrees plus infinite adjustability within its range plus a allen nut with lock tight to assist in more camber adjustability. It has a allen head to help keep the extension more controlled when adjusting cambers, to assist in reducing the contact possible on your wheels

2. Rears to give you a much greater range of adjustability for camber and toe, and significantly increases the strengh of the eccentrics to the custom made bolts.

3. Complete kit for front and rears

The eccentrics are laser cut not stamped, and everything is cad plated. Also all the kits include secondary locking nuts for added security.There is a rather serious amount of work that goes in to making these kits.

Thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
There is a reason that Pedders bolts are the price they are, They are welded way better than the stock bolts are, and won't strip the eccentric like the stock ones do. They are stronger than stock bolts, they are plated unlike stock.

These bolts also allow much more adjustment than the stock parts.

The stock bolts are not cheap either, i had to buy a couple sets a while ago when we had a G8 in the shop with one of the eccentrics stripped.
Does this apply to the V6 drop springs as well?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Does this apply to the V6 drop springs as well?
Applies to all Camaros

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
iBK3000

Drives: '04 Range Rover, Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
There are 3 different kits to meet your needs:

1. Fronts to give you caster increases of 1 to 1.25 degrees plus infinite adjustability within its range plus a allen nut with lock tight to assist in more camber adjustability. It has a allen head to help keep the extension more controlled when adjusting cambers, to assist in reducing the contact possible on your wheels

2. Rears to give you a much greater range of adjustability for camber and toe, and significantly increases the strengh of the eccentrics to the custom made bolts.

3. Complete kit for front and rears

The eccentrics are laser cut not stamped, and everything is cad plated. Also all the kits include secondary locking nuts for added security.There is a rather serious amount of work that goes in to making these kits.

Thanks
mike
dms