Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Which site to host the bowl?
Yahoo 7 58.33%
ESPN 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
ESPN totaly rocks. Mlee is just bitter about the Chargers.
Just my opinion, but Mlee, I am curious why you don't like ESPN?
ESPN is all about advertisements and selling "insider" or "360". Right now it's all good, but as soon as the season starts you run into nothing but roadblocks once it starts. And don't you have to pay to see your live stats? At least on Yahoo you could see the high level scoring.

Just checked my Profile there and I've been a member since 1998 and I know it was more like 1993. I still have a 4 digit password too.

We had a looonnnggg time league that finally had to call it quits 2 yrs ago due to the Live Draft getting totally jacked every year and having to do re-drafts etc. due to server problems or something else with ESPN.

I understand if you're playing other leagues in ESPN it's better to have them all on one site. I have 3 on CBS each year and a couple on Yahoo.

Also, we have the untimate SMAK talk location here in the Thread...Talk SMAK where 20,000 other people can see... LOL

As for the Chargers... we'll do well on any site... not so sure about the Bills..

I'm really good with any site we choose as long as it's Yahoo... This was a fun league last year.

Edit: when I went to look up my history... Nada, Nothing... typical ESPN... I used to have a big ole trophy and points. I see you've been discussing the continuation thing... another reason to keep it in the same place. If it's ESPN lets stay with it... much easier to restart the league and keep history.

Last edited by mlee; 07-11-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It does. You just have to add your stuff to it. Which I don't.

Name:  New Picture.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  97.2 KB
Old 07-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
ESPN is all about advertisements and selling "insider" or "360". Right now it's all good, but as soon as the season starts you run into nothing but roadblocks once it starts. And don't you have to pay to see your live stats? At least on Yahoo you could see the high level scoring.

Just checked my Profile there and I've been a member since 1998 and I know it was more like 1993. I still have a 4 digit password too.

We had a looonnnggg time league that finally had to call it quits 2 yrs ago due to the Live Draft getting totally jacked every year and having to do re-drafts etc. due to server problems or something else with ESPN.

I understand if you're playing other leagues in ESPN it's better to have them all on one site. I have 3 on CBS each year and a couple on Yahoo.

Also, we have the untimate SMAK talk location here in the Thread...Talk SMAK where 20,000 other people can see... LOL

As for the Chargers... we'll do well on any site... not so sure about the Bills..

I'm really good with any site we choose as long as it's Yahoo... This was a fun league last year.

Edit: when I went to look up my history... Nada, Nothing... typical ESPN... I used to have a big ole trophy and points.
I guess it's kinda like cars or cell phone companies. Some have nothing but problems, and some never have any. I'v ealways been able to find everything and haven't had to pay for live scoring in over 5 years.

BUT, we've never done an on-line draft. We always spend the day drinking and talking football and use a seperate site for an on-line draft where each of us can put our own picks in by selecting them from a list with our own preset time limit that we can speed up as the draft goes. We built it ourselves. Works great, then we put the entries in team by team into ESPN manualy. Of course our drafts go about 6 or 7 hours.

But it's awesome. We have a few teams in California, some in WA. state, some in Texas, some in Louisiana, and Me and my son in Alabama. Usually the louisiana, alabama, texas ones get together. Drink beer and have fun.

I'm not apposed to Yahoo. I'm just more familiar with ESPN.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
It does. You just have to add your stuff to it. Which I don't.

[ATTACH]attachment[/ATTACH]
Under your fantasy tab, you have all the leagues you've participated in?
Maybe since Yahoo does it automatically and you can just click on your profile to find it (simple and easy) which makes it more obvious?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Under your fantasy tab, you have all the leagues you've participated in?
Maybe since Yahoo does it automatically and you can just click on your profile to find it (simple and easy) which makes it more obvious?

Probably. I've just never used it. I just put desktop Icons taking me straight to the league. I still have last years Yahoo tabs up top as you can see. lol
Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

yeah, I have one for gamecasts, one for espn leagues (found out I was in 5 of them from e-mails...) and one for yahoo leagues.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Dude. You are the comish. You're the one who has to mess with it. Do whatever makes it easiest for you. I'm totaly cool with that.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

That's right, I am the commish. I like making the league "for the people of the people and by the people". You remember I was like this last year too.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
But it's awesome. We have a few teams in California, some in WA. state, some in Texas, some in Louisiana, and Me and my son in Alabama. Usually the louisiana, alabama, texas ones get together. Drink beer and have fun.
There you go... think we can plan C5 fest III around our draft next year?

Speaking of C5Fest... Did GTA ever make it in here to vote?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #24
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I just told him where to find it.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #25
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
the only reason i picked ESPN was because i am familiar with it and that is were my other league is but i am open to trying something else too as long as it free.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
the only reason i picked ESPN was because i am familiar with it and that is were my other league is but i am open to trying something else too as long as it free.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
voted espn... accidentally voted yahoo but changed my vote to ESPN.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #28
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Edited out "Jicata's" vote as he's not part of the league. Need the last two people to vote so we can put this thing to rest.

Closed Thread