Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #43
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
bash me if you want i was just simply saying it was pointless in doing the 1 per dealer v6 car because i have not found one dealer that has kept the car for showing on the showroom floor. thats all i was saying.
My dealer is keeping his V6 and it will not be sold untill Sep. They turned down $5000 over MSRP. Will only take your name and will call down the list on the day it can be sold.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #44
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Drives: 2016 1SS
My dealer didn't even get his V6 show car yet, so he's in the same boat as you.....delayed. GM didn't do him any favors, either.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #45
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
This original conspiracy theory is Epic Fail.

It's like a random dealer story.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #46
bcudm

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT RJT
I don't care... of course.. my car got built last wednesday... just waiting for delivery of my RJT 1LT...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #47
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I have hemorrhoids do I get to complain here?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #48
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Greenrail - I can appreciate your point of view but what I don't understand is why you keep getting involved in these discussions when clearly, it bothers you. You are not going to change the views of a disappointed R6P/Area 51 member, so why even read these posts let alone post a reply? You have made a huge point about your views on this in your "Good things come to those who wait" thread so isn't that enough? If you keep trying to change the world, the only one who is going to be upset is yourself.

One of my greatest realizations about the American industry is how we have gone from a time where industry used to bend over backwards to offer the best and to hold the consumer in the highest regard to today, it appears that expectations are the exact opposite.

Instead of industry coming on here to learn about customers expectations and react to it in a manner that would show leadership, innovation and professionalism, we have industry coming on here and ranting about customer behavior or the apparent lack of appreciation for someone who afterall, did what they are paid to do. How terrible is it for customers to expect even more than what they are getting from their merchants and manufacturers. Is that not what we are really missing to make us industrial/technological leaders?

How then, will we ever get back to being the best quality built products in the world, if we as consumers do not convey or demand better? Even your own words come to mind when talking about average expectations:

One thing is certain, if GM thinks they can satisfy the expectations of some of their greatest fans (R6P and Area 51 folks) with rhetorical open ended answers, they had better think twice about how to handle the Mustang/ricer crowd they intend to attract.

This whole issue reminds me of when Lexus first came to market. If you recall, it was not only the cars which attracted people and sales, it was the customer service and support. People could not believe how well they were treated and appreciated. Who was that Lexus guy who championed the new concept in customer service? Oh yeah - Bob Lutz.

Wow.......

Apparently you don't care for people questioning you......or remarking on your actions.

I suspect you're referring to me--when you write:

".....Instead of industry coming on here to learn about customers expectations and react to it in a manner that would show leadership, innovation and professionalism, we have industry coming on here and ranting about customer behavior or the apparent lack of appreciation for someone who afterall, did what they are paid to do...."

and that's fine -- I have broad shoulders.

And.. IF you WERE referring to me, get your facts straight, please.....because you don't.

I think you've made it clear that everyone's allowed to have opinions - and I think Greenrail is only expressing his -

Your quote "....If you keep trying to change the world, the only one who is going to be upset is yourself...." could be applied to many people..........including yourself.

Because we (GM) cannot grant every wish does not mean we're not customer focused.

Because people don't want to wait doesn't mean we don't listen.

Because there is no way we can build all of the sold orders at once does not mean we don't listen.

Because some people on this site (and others) tell 'half truths' does not mean we do not listen.

Because a customer put a deposit down at a dealership knowing that their car was number 15 of 8 allocated does not mean we do not listen.

We could have taken the easy way out and shipped the cars - and then let the dealers repair them - that's not the right thing to do. We could have gone dark and not spoken of when the first cars would come off the line. (by the way - -one of the many 'panic du jours' was when we delayed Start of Production - lots of conjecture and gnashing of teeth -- but see, we knew we needed to do that. In retrospect, we should have delayed SORP even longer -- regardless of the shreiks and threats......

What I WOULD say is that perhaps you need to listen a little closer to the answers you're being given.......

The sad part is that this was all predicted about two years ago - several people have sent me PMs mentioning that I made the prediction at a few Camaro/Firebird shows -- saying that this exact thing would happen - that people would be upset that they can't get their new Camaro RIGHT NOW.......

Show me one other car or truck that is 'hot' that has not faced the same problem. (by the way -- the Solstice Program was a lottery -- it was not a 'pre-order' program.....)

Hylton - we both want Camaro Enthusiasts to be happy -- no one has worked harder than me to see that through -- however, you do not have all of the facts when you start demanding things.

I really hate to post something like this -- but I cannot sit back and see the things you write and not respond.

...and Bob Lutz never worked for Lexus -- that was Jim Perkins.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #49
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Fbod-

You take a lot of the brunt on this site...You shoulder much more than you should...

I and many many others on this site offer you much respect for doing so.

I hope that some people will realize that it is not yourself that should be the focus of the frustration. Without you we would not even have an opportunity to buy a Camaro, or to even discuss this fine piece of machinery.

I and many others applaud you, and hope that this all calms down for you and for GM soon enough.

Closed Thread