Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #15
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Not going back to the engine cover. It is just a garage wall decor now. Yeah, I sent that guy a message on his facebook page asking about getting something to cover the ugly taped up wires in the sides of the engine. He responded saying "let me see what I can come up with" but never got back to me.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Was able to do a small test on my way home from work, at a stoplight for a minute or so. When I finally made my turn I got on it and I had full 21 degrees of timing. Car pulls great but the temperature is around 70 degrees, cooler than the last time I drove it. Next week there will be a few days where it gets into the upper 80's so that will be a better time to see how the car feels.

Can't go to the track tonight since the NHRA Regional event is going on at Thunder Valley, but next Friday I am going to go. 40% chance of rain right now, will have to see if it clears up. Don't think I will be testing a ported LFX Intake Manifold this year since Jason won't have time to do it, but we will see what happens.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
This is really cool, and perhaps even fitting that Magnum would be the guy to test out the LFX manifold on the LLT. If this changes anything substantially then a ported LFX manifold conversion is going to be ridiculous... and the LFX manifold conversion will be THE mod for the LLT powerhouses. I wonder if someone could break 300whp with one at that point? Considering long tube headers... and the cams...

Oh, speaking of which, saw your post in your FI thread... sounds like it's working well already. Any idea when you'll hit the track?

Edit: well I guess I'm just slow on the draw because look at that, you posted right when I did...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #18
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Wow! Thanks for the info Magnum! Some people are clearly on another level with this stuff. I love to hear people are still trying to get more out the this engine. This is definitely something I would do if you see some decent gains. Keep up the great work
Old 10-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
This is really cool, and perhaps even fitting that Magnum would be the guy to test out the LFX manifold on the LLT. If this changes anything substantially then a ported LFX manifold conversion is going to be ridiculous... and the LFX manifold conversion will be THE mod for the LLT powerhouses. I wonder if someone could break 300whp with one at that point? Considering long tube headers... and the cams...

Oh, speaking of which, saw your post in your FI thread... sounds like it's working well already. Any idea when you'll hit the track?

Edit: well I guess I'm just slow on the draw because look at that, you posted right when I did...
Not sure if you saw the dyno results of the "ported" LFX intake that JacFab tested on an LFX, but the gains were pretty good.

I think with full bolt ons and that intake, and if all the stars align we'll see 300rwhp....or damn close lol.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #20
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Love to see this work especially for us SC'd guys. Although I only care about the gains over the looks, I like the look.

Will be following this.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Love to see this work especially for us SC'd guys. Although I only care about the gains over the looks, I like the look.

Will be following this.

Plus that weight savings yo! Hopefully this works out well, heck even if it performs the same as a ported Al intake manifold with the spacer I would still be all over it! 15-20lbs off the front of the car would be huge.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #22
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Plus that weight savings yo! Hopefully this works out well, heck even if it performs the same as a ported Al intake manifold with the spacer I would still be all over it! 15-20lbs off the front of the car would be huge.
lol true. that plus the weight savings we already have with our BBK's

Edit: do you need a LFX TB or the connector and harness?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #23
MagnumForceGB

My LLT Throttle Body bolted right up, no changes needed. The only changes I see that will be needed are the EVAP Solenoid and hard line, the PCV line, and the back bolt is a little too short, you will need a longer one.

I will also be posting a picture soon of something I noticed with this manifold installed.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #24
MagnumForceGB

The car feels like it has more torque down low right now, but the test will be at the track.

There is a lot of room under the manifold right now, sits pretty tall.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #25
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Cool I wanna see some track times!
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #26
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Not sure if you saw the dyno results of the "ported" LFX intake that JacFab tested on an LFX, but the gains were pretty good.

I think with full bolt ons and that intake, and if all the stars align we'll see 300rwhp....or damn close lol.
Yes sir, I saw them and I feel them everyday. Lol. I'm sure at some point SOMEONE will hit 300whp N/A... Just depends on how much you have to throw at it.

In the meantime, I hope magnum will start setting ridiculous lap times... I can't see how the LFX manifold could do anything but help compared to the metal LLT manifold. I know if one of my buddies could swap his aluminum manifold for a plastic composite one he would sell a kidney just to do it ASAP...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 10-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #27
DSX_Camaro

Also, Magnum, you may feel more torque (I would assume) due to the fact that the manifold conversion piece is basically a spacer... I would assume it would act similarly to Jason's own LFX manifold spacer, as it seems to raise the manifold about the same length.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #28
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Also, Magnum, you may feel more torque (I would assume) due to the fact that the manifold conversion piece is basically a spacer... I would assume it would act similarly to Jason's own LFX manifold spacer, as it seems to raise the manifold about the same length.

It's basically the same as the lfx piece from the factory, just has LLT ports on the bottom side. I feel like the lfx intake probably has longer runners than the llt intake. This setup could possibly further benefit in the low end torque range from my spacer. It's still up in the air if the spacer would help an FI car though.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote