Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Adding HUD to 2014 1SS

Not much found on this topic using the search. I am wondering if the HUD could be added to the 1SS; how much, how easy or hard to install, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Have you checked out Gen5DIY?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
domano 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Have you checked out Gen5DIY?
No, but I will now. Thanks.

Great username by the way. Not sure if you are the real Stig but looking forward to the show starting back up.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
I also ordered a 1SS and wanted to know that being I was odering the car, could the factory add it on. I'm not a fan of leather seats and thats why I went with the 1SS. Turns out they won't factory install and they don't have cloth seats in a 2SS. I contacted someone on the Gen5DIY and they offered to do it and it would take two days. The price to install was reasonable and the price for parts is about $500. I've seen whats involved and you have to take off the complete dashboard and then make a cut out for the HUD.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
domano 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysplanb View Post
I also ordered a 1SS and wanted to know that being I was odering the car, could the factory add it on. I'm not a fan of leather seats and thats why I went with the 1SS. Turns out they won't factory install and they don't have cloth seats in a 2SS. I contacted someone on the Gen5DIY and they offered to do it and it would take two days. The price to install was reasonable and the price for parts is about $500. I've seen whats involved and you have to take off the complete dashboard and then make a cut out for the HUD.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'd love to have the HUD but its not worth $500 + labor to me and having the entire dash taken apart. Just seems that will all of that being removed, it may not go back together 100% correctly. Still love the car!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by domano 68 View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. I'd love to have the HUD but its not worth $500 + labor to me and having the entire dash taken apart. Just seems that will all of that being removed, it may not go back together 100% correctly. Still love the car!
Gen5DIY has done tons of installs and their kit is all plug and play. You won't be disappointed if you get it. Just saying.