Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
zzibradleyizz

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Anyone upgrading there SS Exhaust anytime soon?

Hey Guys,

Like the thread title says, is anyone upgrading there SS Exhaust anytime soon in the Greater Toronto Area?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzibradleyizz View Post
Hey Guys,

Like the thread title says, is anyone upgrading there SS Exhaust anytime soon in the Greater Toronto Area?
I'm upgrading, but not until April, my car is in "winter storage mode" right now
Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
IBM 2SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
My Camaro hasn't arrived yet but I was thinking of putting headers on it (2SS RS), sounds way too quiet stock I think.
IBM 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Already done. Matster has his done too. And Asylum I think. That's Brampton & Mississauga covered.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #5
zzibradleyizz

What did you guys do with your old Stock SS Exhaust?

Let the shop take it? or did you keep it?

I'm looking at the option of putting on the stock SS exhaust on my V6.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
What did you guys do with your old Stock SS Exhaust?

Let the shop take it? or did you keep it?

I'm looking at the option of putting on the stock SS exhaust on my V6.
PM sent
Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I was thinking of putting headers and full exhaust on at Lingenfelter.
They suggested leaving the stock manifolds on to give the supercharger the necessary back pressure that it needs.
A cat back system will sound meaner but only give a slight HP gain.
The stock exhaust is a really good flowing system, and quiet.
Dollar for dollar if you are looking for more horsepower a supercharger is the most economical way to gain BIG horsepower.
If you want it to sound meaner and louder with minimal power gain do the exhaust.

I did alot of research before committing to the supercharger, and am really happy with it. You can get one direct from magnacharger and have it installed locally as well.
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
zzibradleyizz

I'm only looking for the meaner sounding exhaust. The stock V6 one is too quiet for my likings and the V8 stock exhausts is exactly what im looking for sound wise and it has the bigger tips to fill in the back bumper much better then the smaller tips from the V6.

I'm just looking for sound right now. Don't have the money to do a supercharger, and I don't think I ever would as this is a daily driver for me so it's not economical.

The only other engine modification I would do would be an air intake. Haven't decided on which one yet, but was leaning towards the AirRaid intake...

It will all come together soon!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i made a similar thread a while back, no responses so its going to be tough to get a system here. Probably be easier in the summer,
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I'm going with MBRP T304 on monday.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I'm only looking for the meaner sounding exhaust. The stock V6 one is too quiet for my likings and the V8 stock exhausts is exactly what im looking for sound wise and it has the bigger tips to fill in the back bumper much better then the smaller tips from the V6.

I'm just looking for sound right now. Don't have the money to do a supercharger, and I don't think I ever would as this is a daily driver for me so it's not economical.

The only other engine modification I would do would be an air intake. Haven't decided on which one yet, but was leaning towards the AirRaid intake...

It will all come together soon!

I don't think the exhaust from a V8 is gonna make your V6 sound like a V8.

A V8 sounds like it does because it has 2 extra cylinders. I'm not saying it wouldn't sound good, cause I don't know if it would or not. I am saying don't expect your car to sound like a V8 because you put V8 pipes onto your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
zzibradleyizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I don't think the exhaust from a V8 is gonna make your V6 sound like a V8.

A V8 sounds like it does because it has 2 extra cylinders. I'm not saying it wouldn't sound good, cause I don't know if it would or not. I am saying don't expect your car to sound like a V8 because you put V8 pipes onto your car.
I am well aware it will not sound like the V8. Sorry, but after reading what i posted I can see where your concern comes from as my post was not very clear on my intentions.

To clarify, I have been looking at exhausts for the V6 to upgrade to. And looked at the Solo, and Magnaflow exhausts and like them very much. But then I came accross this video of a V6 that took a Stock V8 exhaust and put just the mufflers on the car:

(not yet written)" rel="nofollow"><object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lpYyq-5PW0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0x cd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lpYyq-5PW0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0x cd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

It's a sound that is very similar to me from the sound clips of the Solo and Magnaflow, and a sound that I prefer over them. I don't care for any HP gains, I just care for the sound. If I cared for power, I would have got the SS.

So that is why I have been looking into this option as another man's junk is another man's pleasure!