Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-05-2015, 05:41 AM   #15
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
I will be interested in plug in cars when they come with a 1500 mile long extension cord!
Or charging stations every 5 miles, and 5 minute top offs. I'm with you - for city use, they make sense and will be sensible in the short term. It's going to take some leaps in the technology though for me to buy in.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #16
CamAnon

Drives: 2015 1LT
Free "mod" tip:

The Volt and the Camaro have interchangeable wheel center-caps, so you can mod both your cars by swapping between them.

You can pop them out without removing (or marring) the wheel by using a plastic gift/credit card, cut in half lengthwise. Slide one in and pry a little, slide the other piece in and work around the outside, the cap will lift right out.
CamAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
You already made it faster by adding the racing stripe.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #18
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
I will be interested in plug in cars when they come with a 1500 mile long extension cord!
Ha ha I know. We were on a trip in Oregon and some fool had a Tesla S waaaaay out in the country going about 30 down the freeway holding up everyone. I passed him and drove at least an hour and a half before hitting a town. Wonder if he made it. I suppose he was saving battery energy going so freakin slow.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #19
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Regarding my electric bill, It's a little over a buck for every full charge, so the impact has been very minimal. Definitely cheaper than gas. I had an Explorer prior to the Volt (as my daily driver) and it cost me easily $400-$500 per month on gas. The Volt costs more like $50 and the car payments are $325, so I actually make money driving it.

Another reason the Volt is my daily driver is because I'm a musician and sometimes you have to play or rehearse in seedy neighborhoods and cramped parking lots where people seem enthusiastic about messing with my Camaro. And I like having the option. Keeps driving exciting.
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #20
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Dont forget the canister muffler...That way it takes some heat of my Civic......
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #21
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
There is a new battery technology that Tesla is actually investing in which will result in car batteries having more than 10 times the charge that is currently offered. That means that in a few years, Teslas will be able to go 2000-3000 miles on a single charge. That is going to be a major game-changer!
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote