Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Bumblebee Camaro at Daytona

A member of 5thgen.org took spotted one of the Bumblebee Camaros on display during Speedweeks in Daytona

Check it out

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1293
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Hmmm ....... this one has the "new" front facia, too. (front spoiler, bigger bumper)
Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
Hmmm ....... this one has the "new" front facia, too. (front spoiler, bigger bumper)
Good Eye doug would have never paid any attention to it if you hadn't said something.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
OverAnxious

Doug - I don't see the differences you refer to?

This is the original bumblebee pic:

This is the car at Daytona:
Old 02-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Me either.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Maybe it's just the lighting or the angle of the photo, but what I'm talking about is the difference between this front end (on the yellow car and the latest pic from the Canadian GM website), which looks to have a prominent front spoiler and a larger "bumper" area below the grille, which looks to be jutting out a little farther than some of the earliest photos of the silver concept. Like these pics below........ anyone else see the difference, or is it just me?

Last edited by WMCC Doug; 12-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.
WMCC Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Maybe it's just the lighting or the angle of the photo, but what I'm talking about is the difference between this front end (on the yellow car and the latest pic from the Canadian GM website), which looks to have a prominent front spoiler and a larger "bumper" area below the grille, which looks to be jutting out a little farther than some of the earliest photos of the silver concept. Like these pics below........ anyone else see the difference, or is it just me?
Check this thread out Doug...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 AM   #8
jonessoda87

Drives: Muscle
is it me or are the side mirrors different in the DATONA picture
jonessoda87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #9
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonessoda87 View Post
is it me or are the side mirrors different in the DATONA picture
Side mirrors look the same to me
Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #10
OverAnxious

Quote:
OK, I see the nose. I'm not sure if that is photo-rendering or not?
I wonder if there are differences like that in the Red mockup car that is making the circuit and the Silver car - anyone have good pics of both?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #11
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
I remember having a similar discussion over on CZ28.com.

In the side by side comparisons you have, I see what you mean about the front. Though the lower lip isn't differntly shaped, I think it's the way the shadows fall. But overall the bumper appears to stick out a little more if you see where the front tip of the grille sits (almost flush with the bumper on the original, set back some on the newer rendering).

One change I DON'T like is the rear. The concept appears to be curved (check out how you can see the taillights on your image of the concept) while the new rendering appears to be totally flat so you can't see anything from the side view (similar to the Vette). I hope the rear stays the same as the concept, looks more interesting with the curved rear.

EDIT: And the wheels do appear smaller on the rendering also.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #12
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Killer: These two threads could be smushed together ...........
Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I remember that discussion over at CZ28.com as well. It is very obvious that the two cars are not the same. The differences in the pictures are not just from a simple cropping of the photo.. the changes are clearly intentional. If you look at the roof line on the GMcanada camaro it appears to be a little higher, and as already stated, the lip in the front is extended (safety reasons perhaps?) and the rear end is flattened. Since the comments coming from GM have constantly been that the changes will be subtle and the overall look will be retained, I think this picture may be showing us just what that means.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I remember that discussion over at CZ28.com as well. It is very obvious that the two cars are not the same. The differences in the pictures are not just from a simple cropping of the photo.. the changes are clearly intentional. If you look at the roof line on the GMcanada camaro it appears to be a little higher, and as already stated, the lip in the front is extended (safety reasons perhaps?) and the rear end is flattened. Since the comments coming from GM have constantly been that the changes will be subtle and the overall look will be retained, I think this picture may be showing us just what that means.
Something else I just noticed, but I'm not 100% sure if it's just me.

Doesn't the placement of the sideview mirror look a little different? The rendering looks slightly further back.

I have to say the front of the rendering I actually like even more than the concept. But the rear... I just don't like it flat very much. Won't stop me from buying, but would prefer the concepts rear.

EDIT- Actually, looking at the 2 pics, I'm almost positive the side view mirror are actually quite different, not just placement.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote