Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
ROTO-FAB CAI

Hey folks, we have been getting alot of calls and questions lately in regards to our CAI. So I figured it's time to post a little information about our intake system. The most frequently asked question is why don't we use a lid. Well, the answer is simple. We designed our airbox to effectively seal to the hood. We chose to go thise route because we wanted to maximize the volume around the air filter. Our molded inlet tubes provide a short smooth path to allow the air to flow with less restriction. The Roto-Fab intake system requires absolutely NO cutting, drilling or modifications to your vehicle or it's components. Another perk with the Roto-Fab CAI is the endless array of options we offer. Make your engine bay stand out in a crowd with our color matched airboxes, polished stainless or carbon fiber finish tubes and colored hose couplers. (available in red and yellow) After the dyno testing done by Janetty, (mid 2010 i believe) we made a few modifications and adjustments to our intake system. Heres a dyno graph on the system we currently offer.

Here is a couple pics of our current CAI system. As always feel free to post pics and show off your engine bay!!!

Our memorial day/summer kickoff sale starts today!! Contact us, or one of the many reputable forum dealers for pricing!!

Jeremiah
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
2 Thumbs up for Roto-Fab. Not only do they make a great product, but they are a pleasure to work with and many times have same day shipping. Keep up the good work guys!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
One of my first mods to my car over 3 years ago, still love it to this day!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
The rotofab I had on my gxp performed flawlessly and sealed good to the hood.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Hey folks, we have been getting alot of calls and questions lately in regards to our CAI. So I figured it's time to post a little information about our intake system. The most frequently asked question is why don't we use a lid. Well, the answer is simple. We designed our airbox to effectively seal to the hood. We chose to go thise route because we wanted to maximize the volume around the air filter. Our molded inlet tubes provide a short smooth path to allow the air to flow with less restriction. The Roto-Fab intake system requires absolutely NO cutting, drilling or modifications to your vehicle or it's components. Another perk with the Roto-Fab CAI is the endless array of options we offer. Make your engine bay stand out in a crowd with our color matched airboxes, polished stainless or carbon fiber finish tubes and colored hose couplers. (available in red and yellow) After the dyno testing done by Janetty, (mid 2010 i believe) we made a few modifications and adjustments to our intake system. Heres a dyno graph on the system we currently offer.

Here is a couple pics of our current CAI system. As always feel free to post pics and show off your engine bay!!!

Our memorial day/summer kickoff sale starts today!! Contact us, or one of the many reputable forum dealers for pricing!!

Jeremiah

Rotofab and ADM FTW

If we did not make intakes,Rotofab would be on all our cars
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Roto-fab 1

Love it!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
What do you need to do to service/clean the non oiled filter?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Love my root-fab! How can I clean the polished tube?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I had a Roto-Fab on my first 5 gen Camaro and loved it so much I got one again on my SS. I get tons of compliments on how it looks and could tell instantly a difference in the car once I got it. Awesome CAI!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #10
NotYetLegend

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Great job with this intake guys! My first mod as well and could never go back. Great sound and fit and I prefer the look of the lidless setup when the hood is up, no one can ignore that giant filter in yo face. Definitely getting yalls washer fluid relocation kit as well, both together look extremely clean! Please make an exhaust too so I can stop debating options and just buy yours.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
What do you need to do to service/clean the non oiled filter?
Here's a link to the manufactures FAQ page, http://afepower.com/faq.php , Cleaning instructions is the second one down.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
Love my root-fab! How can I clean the polished tube?
We use Mothers Brand metal polish for touchups. It works Great! You can get it at your local automotive store.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #13
GDSPEED

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
I installed my roto-fab intake for my 2014 v6 last week and can definitely hear the difference! My only concern is that my washer fluid tube seems to be pressing up against the filter a little bit. I was wondering if this is normal and ok for the people who do not get the relocation kit?

Thanks for your help
GDSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #14
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Installed mine Friday. Was VERY easy install and looks amazing. I am very happy with it!