Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #85
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Thanks for posting! Looks awesome!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #86
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Jonathan...do you still need John to call you about the Tahoe fogs credit? By the way, took my Tahoe by the dealership last night and had a CRoWD! Can't wait to put it with the Camaro to take better pics / video. We garaged the car when the white stuff started falling :-(
Old 01-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #87
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
for those who put the control box in the center console of the car, are you having any issue with working the remote from outside the car? I have the new 2.0 control box i guess? I was told the IR sensor is built in box. I saw someone else who's box was a little different who put an IR sensor on the dashboard by the window, but I don't have that option.

Last edited by Chad's ZL1; 01-29-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #88
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
for those who put the control box in the center console of the car are you having any issue with working the remote from outside the car?
no mine works fine u just need to have the remote pointing at the sensor which i put on the dash!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #89
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

how are you supposed to use the remote outside in front of the car then if you put the box in the center console, on the kick panel, or under dash?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #90
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
how are you supposed to use the remote outside in front of the car then if you put the box in the center console, on the kick panel, or under dash?
There's a lot of RF controllers on eBay that you could use. I got one for a roll of RGB LEDs I bought. You don't need to be in line of sight for them. I don't know the difference in quality compared to AAC's controller, but they are cheap enough to try out and I'm happy with the one that I purchased. I did a quick search, here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120783392279?redirect=mobile
I'm not saying anything is wrong with AAC's, this is just an option if you want/need to hide the box.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #91
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
There's a lot of RF controllers on eBay that you could use. I got one for a roll of RGB LEDs I bought. You don't need to be in line of sight for them. I don't know the difference in quality compared to AAC's controller, but they are cheap enough to try out and I'm happy with the one that I purchased. I did a quick search, here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120783392279?redirect=mobile
I'm not saying anything is wrong with AAC's, this is just an option if you want/need to hide the box.
Hey could u redo the link to the eBay controller I click it but it just takes me to eBay not to the actual item on eBay, please thank u
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #92
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareslick View Post
Hey could u redo the link to the eBay controller I click it but it just takes me to eBay not to the actual item on eBay, please thank u
It's probably because I'm using my phone. It works when I click it. Try just searching for the item number "120783392279". All I did was search for "RF RGB" and you'll get a list of controllers. Different designs and different remotes.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #93
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Would these work with the control boxes we have now?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #94
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
@brengeek - yes they will work with your current control box.

Did another local/"on the fly" colorSHIFT 2.0 install for a Emerald Coast Camaro Saturday AM....came out awesome as usual!!

Enjoy!
Ivan
Attached Images

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #95
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

so that is the box that you have that controls your halos? You only have this box? And I'm assuming since it's RF and not IR it doesn't have to be seen by the remote to work outside the car? I like aac's box, but how am I supposed to adjust things like brightness of the halo or a custom color from outside of the car so I can see it physically. It's like I would have to keep pushing buttons and walking to the front of the car to see if that's the right color that I want and if it wasn't I'd have to go back in the car push the button again and walk back to the front and look again. Does that sound about right?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #96
Saint Alban

Quote:
so that is the box that you have that controls your halos? You only have this box? And I'm assuming since it's RF and not IR it doesn't have to be seen by the remote to work outside the car? I like aac's box, but how am I supposed to adjust things like brightness of the halo or a custom color from outside of the car so I can see it physically. It's like I would have to keep pushing buttons and walking to the front of the car to see if that's the right color that I want and if it wasn't I'd have to go back in the car push the button again and walk back to the front and look again. Does that sound about right?
Lol, you made that sound like a lot of work. No, I do not have that controller that I posted and I also do not have the colorshift halos. However, the halos are RGB (red green blue) LEDs and the IR controller they use is just an RGB LED controller. So as long as you have RGB LEDs, you can use whatever RGB LED controller you want (as long as it can handle the amount of LEDs you're controlling). The one I posted is just an example of one. The one I have for my roll of RGB LEDs is this:

This is the RGB roll I have (happens to be pink for my gf at the time):

I thought it was cool. Its got a color wheel so you can change colors like an iPod and it's also got flashing and fading patterns. It's kinda hard to get the color you want with mine though (trying to get the wheel exactly where you want it), that's why I showed you guys that other one because it's got a button for each color. So you don't have to cycle through colors to get the one you want plus other options. Mine, you dont need line of sight because it is a radio frequency controller (RF) and so is the one i posted. As for some sort of indicator inside the car to show you what color you're on, I think someone does sell that. I can't remember off hand though, I'll have to look later.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #97
Saint Alban

Ok, there's way too many rgb products out there. I need to stop searching or I'll never get my job done today. You could get some sort of 12v RGB LED like this:

And put it somewhere that you can see the glow (they're really bright so you may need to hide it somewhere so you can see just the glow and not the LEDs themselves). Wire that to the controller along with your halos and they'll be the same color.

I was looking for a 5mm rgb led like this one, but already pre wired for 12v. Can't seem to find it:

That would look nicer mounted on the dash.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #98
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
It's probably because I'm using my phone. It works when I click it. Try just searching for the item number "120783392279". All I did was search for "RF RGB" and you'll get a list of controllers. Different designs and different remotes.
Quick question how much range Sony get in feet with this control n remote ? ??
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote