Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile Please Visit The New www.gmpartshouse.com!

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to check out this post. As you all may or may not know, my business started out as a hobby. Since I started doing this about 10 years ago I had been doing mostly everything myself. I did all of the ordering, phone orders, processing and whatever else needed to be done with the site. This probably caused some customer service related issues, which I apologize for. I had too much to do and so little time. In the past 18 months I’ve added quite a bit of staff to keep up with the business and to improve customer service.

With that said I’ve done the website myself, as well, for many years. I did the best I could as I was pretty good at it, but not at the professional level. Back 6 months ago I decided that since we’ve improved everything else, it was time for me to improve the website. This meant that Mr. Gene, Mr. Webmaster couldn’t do it anymore. At any rate, that brings me to today. I’ve spent the last 6 months and tens of thousands of dollars with an IT team dedicated to bring you the new www.gmpartshouse.com. Six months ago this started out with designing a new logo for GM Parts House and then designing the site around the logo.

I’ve taken all of the notes, suggestions and complaints over the last few years and have considered all of them while working closely with my IT team and developing this new site. I have probably spent 100 hours in the last two weeks going over the site with a fine tooth comb and beta testing the whole site and different scenarios.

Of course, not everyone will be satisfied and I’m ok with that. I’m never going to satisfy the masses. What I can tell you is that this is the most professional GM Parts website on the internet. There is no one who can match the professionalism of the site.
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve spent this money for you because you’ve been spending money on my business for years. I’ve worked my heart out on this site and have considered everyone along the way. This part of the site was phase 1.

We do have some exciting things coming along for the next phase of our website. This may take me another 6 months but it will be fun and worth it in the end. I do ask that you don’t use old bookmarks and start out by visiting us at www.gmpartshouse.com. Some of your old bookmarks may not work as they may be bookmarked and go to www.gmpartshouseusa.com. We have gotten rid of www.gmpartshouseusa.com and have changed it to store.gmpartshouse.com, which is why some of your old bookmarks may not work.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you made it this far, and thank you for your business and support.

Thanks,
Gene.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Best of luck Gene!!!
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
just checked out the site. LOVE IT. Huge improvement over the old one. Great job guys.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4Z28 View Post
Best of luck Gene!!!
Thank you for the kind words.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
just checked out the site. LOVE IT. Huge improvement over the old one. Great job guys.
Thank you for the kind words and the feedback.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Just checked it out tonight....very nice!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
I just tried looking up the front bumper molding. I found your website too obsessive with breaking down the assembly parts and never found the actual bumper price.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
Just checked it out tonight....very nice!
Thank you for your feedback. I certainly appreciate it.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I just tried looking up the front bumper molding. I found your website too obsessive with breaking down the assembly parts and never found the actual bumper price.
Thank you for your feedback. What kind of front bumper molding are you looking for? Is this a Camaro? Since the GM catalog is copyrighted it has to be developed through the aftermarket catalog manufacturers and unfortunately it isn't perfect. I can tell you that there is not another better GM catalog online!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #10
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Nice work!
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
Kwik

Drives: car
I concur. It's difficult to find what you are looking for. When you get there, no photos!
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Come and visit our new website.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
Thank you for your feedback. What kind of front bumper molding are you looking for? Is this a Camaro? Since the GM catalog is copyrighted it has to be developed through the aftermarket catalog manufacturers and unfortunately it isn't perfect. I can tell you that there is not another better GM catalog online!
I was looking for the whole front plastic bumper cover. A lady had backed into me recently but its all good now her insurance is footing the bill I was just curious about how much one ran.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #14
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I was looking for the whole front plastic bumper cover. A lady had backed into me recently but its all good now her insurance is footing the bill I was just curious about how much one ran.
That is interesting. I clicked on the LS/LT and it had a complete breakdown. When I go to the SS it gives a price of $328.25 with no photo.