Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Need a Camaro Fan Based Forum Atmosphere 43 29.25%
Ok the way it is. 104 70.75%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
How many people want a Forum with Camaro Fans Only

I am curious, how many people want a forum with Camaro Fans Only on it. There is so much negative posting about this car on this forum it is like going to a NY Islander Game when they play the Rangers. More fans for the other team in your house.

I cannot wait to post pics of my Camaro on all the Mustang and Challenger Forums, I would probably get kicked off. I cannot wait to review my car vs the Mustang GT I tested at the dealer. I cannot be the only one that feels over run and smacked down by all the negativity being shared on a lot of posts.

Even FbodFather seems turned off lately!

Post your thoughts.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I am curious, how many people want a forum with Camaro Fans Only on it. There is so much negative posting about this car on this forum it is like going to a NY Islander Game when they play the Rangers. More fans for the other team in your house.

I cannot wait to post pics of my Camaro on all the Mustang and Challenger Forums, I would probably get kicked off. I cannot wait to review my car vs the Mustang GT I tested at the dealer. I cannot be the only one that feels over run and smacked down by all the negativity being shared on a lot of posts.

Post your thoughts.
Fine but how do you control it? They will still get on.

The other thing is I think a lot of the younger people like both.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
Fine but how do you control it? They will still get on.

The other thing is I think a lot of the younger people like both.
It is OK to like both, I like things about all 3, but when you have a forum for a car, it is getting too diluted. Just my opinion. But even Fbodfather was turned off by some of the negativity and I have to agree.

You edit the thread, They have no problem removing posts I have put up.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
There are PLENTY of 100% fanboy forums and they get very little traffic. CAMARO5 lets both sides post, thats why they have the most traffic.

=bobby
Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Lol dude it's the internet, there's almost no way to validate what car someone drives. Besides, shutting out an entire other group's views and opinions is such a stupid thing to do anyway. Some of us here like all muscle cars; it's not as clear cut as you're implying. And where are you getting all this "negativity" from Mustang guys from? Seriously, post me a quote from a Mustang owner bashing the Camaro; he/she is most likely an idiot or another 16 year old trying to act tough.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I wonder, what is the biggest (most active posts) auto forum?

This one right now I bet is top 10!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Fanboy forums get old real quick. Sorry but nothings perfect (except me of course), while BS hate is annoying, its a necessary evil to have an open mind....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Negative posting is good! Otherwise GM would think everything is just perfect. Negative comments bring improvements.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
stangvert

Drives: stang vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post

Even FbodFather seems turned off lately!

Post your thoughts.

You have too much time on your hands
stangvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Censorship is lame and yes some people on both sides are negative, but alot of time its the Camaro guys who are negative toward a Ford guy or Z guy or a chally guy. If everyone just respected everyones opinion and stopped marking Camaro territory like they were a dog taking a piss it would all be alright LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Lol dude it's the internet, there's almost no way to validate what car someone drives. Besides, shutting out an entire other group's views and opinions is such a stupid thing to do anyway. Some of us here like all muscle cars; it's not as clear cut as you're implying. And where are you getting all this "negativity" from Mustang guys from? Seriously, post me a quote from a Mustang owner bashing the Camaro; he/she is most likely an idiot or another 16 year old trying to act tough.
I agree. Even though he drives a Rustang...

LOL
A forum with many points of views is great. A forum with only one point of view gets boring fast.
It just is a matter of the mods keeping on their toes when some people get out of hand, regardless of vehicle make, and get banned.

I don't care if you drive a Rustang, Chally, or Camaro. If you're a retard, you're a retard. GTFO.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Censorship is lame and yes some people on both sides are negative, but alot of time its the Camaro guys who are negative toward a Ford guy or Z guy or a chally guy. If everyone just respected everyones opinion and stopped marking Camaro territory like they were a dog taking a piss it would all be alright LOL
no. I've visited many of other car forums and it's the same (or sometimes worse) wherever you go.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
no. I've visited many of other car forums and it's the same (or sometimes worse) wherever you go.
Thats true there are alot like that but there are some that its not like that at all
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Not the SKY and Solstice Forums. The members would eat you alive.