Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: What Is Your Z/28 Purchase Status?
Serious buyer - done deal! 21 21.88%
Half-Assed buyer - sure I have a deal...lol 3 3.13%
Lazy buyer - Later! Leave me alone! 16 16.67%
Hoping buyer - PLEASE please I hope I can! 56 58.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
To each their own and all, but I'm not seeing any real point in it, unless of course you just want a race car. Which I understand that. But from what I've heard its almost like a stripped down version (to save weight) of the ZL1 or so. I'm totally no expert on the subject at all. But I was also taken back by seeing the air conditioning is optional? Aww righty then. Coming from a hot weather state, that just seemed odd to me. Unless this thing is just totally intended as a toy/race car whatever for people to have. I have a boring little ole 1LT and I'm totally happy with that. Its plenty speedy for me. I don't need to go 175 mph. I won't even get my car past 90 and that's on rare occasion. But I realize everyone's different. I'm not a speed demon kind of guy. I'm too chicken lol.
...weight reduced production Camaro race car with less frills, air not needed. Go fast brother.....
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #30
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
so for the hell of it i decided to pay a visit to the local dealer (mainly to see a '14 up close - only had a 2LT and the 2SS was sold).

Asked about the Z/28 and salesman's eyes lit up but he knew nothing more than what was on here. He also said i was only the 3rd person to inquire and that they were not taking deals on them until they knew more about them.

Thought about whipping out a grand just to see if they were blowing smoke or not (i have had rough dealings in the past but they have improved greatly over the last few years)

If this is a 60k car that can be had for 60k - i am fairly serious buyer. And I would drive the crap out of this car on the street and make a note to take it to the track more than any other cars.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
If your chosen dealer was NOT a recipient of 1 of the first 1500 ZL1s, and/or doesn't have a large allocation of Corvettes, they're not likely to see 1 of the first 1500 Z/28s either...

With some Chev dealers likely to get several Z/28s, that means more than half of all Chev dealers will get zippo...keeping with the Z lineage...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #32
Col. Brain

I would not doubt that you are right.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

....agreed, it's gonna be a tight fit between buyers and allocations at first. A couple large in ones hand to throw down could be the deciding factor for some who are number 1 through number 3 on the list...just sayin', and I ain't that guy. I'm holding at MSRP, number 1 <depending on whether or not they remember that> and depending on the sticker. And that is a big if.....
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #34
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Latest issue of R&T "estimates" Z/28 @ $65,000...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #35
Lunatic

Drives: 80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWA SS View Post
I'm option 5. Wishing I could buy one.
x2
Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
If this is a 60k car that can be had for 60k
That's the thing. Guaranteed there will be a mark-up.... question is how much. I'd be a semi serious buyer if it were low $60's but I know that aint goin to happen.
Hope it's not the '90 zr1 all over again.
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #37
Col. Brain

i could do 65 and i can wait for the markups to go away (it that is possible).

I wouldn't be heart broken if i could not get one right away.

If this is a 2 year run and GM does hold true that they will make as many as they can sell - i can see myself driving a Z/28 by summer of 2015.

Guess we will wait and see
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #38
OldScoolCamaro

^...agreed, we shall wait and see...time is on our side....if it does not work out, oh well...we will catch the next bus. I am in a good position due to the fact I have a ZL1, and want to upgrade<in my mind> to the Z/28. I am not going to fret about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #39
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
In the last 2 days, have got calls from dealers that want to sale me cars and trucks, told them the only car i plan on buying in the next 12 months is the Z/28 if i can get it, LOL both salesmen say they have one on the way and its going to be here any day, LOL ( and you see now why we hate salesmen that dont know there A** from a hole in the ground) they tell me that they will have a price in the next 2 hr and get back to me.

I can take the time to tell them that GM has not set the price, but its more fun to let them learn there not as smart as they think, LOL its all good, but as said if we can get one at no more then MSRP then we are in.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #40
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
I would need to transfer to a Mercedes or BMW dealership to afford one. Or get promoted to owner
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #41
OrngCrush

Drives: 1978 Z28, 2010 IOM 2SSRS M6
I agree with davidcroft, the Z28 is way outside the reach of most of us that love Camaros. While I can appreciate the 427 and the design costs, I think GM lost it's way here and should have made a Z28 earlier that was a lighter SS track car. The first and second gen Z28 was within reach for the average person. Second generation Z28's were slowly watered down, but still an affordable top dog Camaro in it's day. Even third and fourth gen Camaros were priced to be within an average person's budget. In my opinion a 50K to 60K Camaro in this economy is evidence of how out of touch GM has become. A 50K+ Corvette sure I get it, Camaro was always the lower priced little brother. No surprise I'm option 4...........
OrngCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngCrush View Post
I agree with davidcroft, the Z28 is way outside the reach of most of us that love Camaros. While I can appreciate the 427 and the design costs, I think GM lost it's way here and should have made a Z28 earlier that was a lighter SS track car. The first and second gen Z28 was within reach for the average person. Second generation Z28's were slowly watered down, but still an affordable top dog Camaro in it's day. Even third and fourth gen Camaros were priced to be within an average person's budget. In my opinion a 50K to 60K Camaro in this economy is evidence of how out of touch GM has become. A 50K+ Corvette sure I get it, Camaro was always the lower priced little brother. No surprise I'm option 4...........
I hear what you're saying about the Z/28 pricing but every car is going up in cost. Like a dollar bill isn't worth as much as it was in the past. nowadays the Corvette people pick the camaro and camaro people pick the corvette. So, the camaro being little brother isn't the case anymore to most ppl like it was back then. That's why the Zl1's are still selling even with the new Corvette being way less. People debate now about if they should buy a camaro or a Corvette.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote