Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
chuckclanton

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1/SS
Reason for stock ride height on 2014 SS?

So why did the Chevy engineers go with what I have? They did made it more track worthy with the 1Le option. I not sure lowering my car is a good idea screwing with the suspension geometry. So I am going to buy 1LE struts, rear shocks and upper shock mounts along with the ZL1 sway bars I have but did not install yet. 1LE front bar is too big for my 255s on the front and 275s on the rear. I will have to think about the bushing and cradle inserts as the dealer will really hose me on labor(want to keep my warranty valid). then it will be autocross at the old St. George Ut. airport in the spring.
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
A good quality 1-1.25" lowering spring will not screw up your suspension geometry and the car will look, brake and handle better. I would have gone with aftermarket sways and do the cradle bushings if your going to AutoX. Take the car to a professional suspension shop that works on Camaros, not the dealer.