Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Pedder's Sway Bars

I am looking at Pedder's FE3 sway bars for my 2011 ss coupe. Does anyone else have these on their car? Opinions. There aren't too many reviews out there that I could find. Should I go for the FE4 instead? What would you recommend? Sorry for all the questions just want to know.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 View Post
I am looking at Pedder's FE3 sway bars for my 2011 ss coupe. Does anyone else have these on their car? Opinions. There aren't too many reviews out there that I could find. Should I go for the FE4 instead? What would you recommend? Sorry for all the questions just want to know.
Do you plan on any road course action or auto cross? If so go with the FE-4 upgrade, if not FE-3 should suffice for the street. As far as reviews go I do know that Pedders products are top shelf so you can't go wrong. That's not to say that Pfadt or BMR have equal or similar products. I have BMR FE3 sways on now and I'm upgrading to the Pedders FE4 ZL1 bar primarily to help with handling at HPDE track days I plan to do next summer!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
FE4 ZL1 type are much better then fe3 the way they are mounted in back and makes them stiffer size for size. the 27mm/32mm from Pedders are just right for the car in stiffness and handling.Front bar adjusts also. Pfadt zl1 spec are vary good to, I have had both
Mods: Magnaflow 3" comp catback/Rotofab CAI/Apex Scoop/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm sway bars /BMR cradle bushings, toe links and trailing arms/Stage 1 cam-445/430 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
RKCamaro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Do you plan on any road course action or auto cross? If so go with the FE-4 upgrade, if not FE-3 should suffice for the street. As far as reviews go I do know that Pedders products are top shelf so you can't go wrong. That's not to say that Pfadt or BMR have equal or similar products. I have BMR FE3 sways on now and I'm upgrading to the Pedders FE4 ZL1 bar primarily to help with handling at HPDE track days I plan to do next summer!
Not really planning on doing road courses just want to upgrade the suspension. Would it be worth it to get the fe4 sways?
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
Old 12-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Looking at your Sig I would go FE5 but not until I did the Pedders bushings, all of them. Then I would do some coilovers while I was at it. That way you would be ready for AutoX, Road Course and Drag Strip. I am sure the guys at Lethal, Sean and Nick, could hook you up.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
RKCamaro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Looking at your Sig I would go FE5 but not until I did the Pedders bushings, all of them. Then I would do some coilovers while I was at it. That way you would be ready for AutoX, Road Course and Drag Strip. I am sure the guys at Lethal, Sean and Nick, could hook you up.

T.
I didn't know they made an fe5 kit. I only see the 4 and 3 kits on their website. Where is the 5?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
I didn't know they made an fe5 kit. I only see the 4 and 3 kits on their website. Where is the 5?
FE5 = ZL1 https://www.wretched.co/tech-talk-ma...odes-explained
Old 12-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
RKCamaro13

Okay gotcha. Know that I look at that would the fe4 even fit my car since its for 2012+ and mines a 2011?
Old 12-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Okay gotcha. Know that I look at that would the fe4 even fit my car since its for 2012+ and mines a 2011?
FE4 will fit but you will have to get new rear lower control arms to accept the new positions for the downlinks. I just got my parts from Pedders and will be doing the upgrade on my 2010 over the winter! You can contact JusticePete (Pedders), Wretched Motorsports, or JDP for info and pricing. They're all sponsor vendors here!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Another cheaper option would be to get the GM fe5 sways , links and rear arms from Rogers Chevrolet. The cost is half as much as aftermarket bars, the sways are 25mm front and 28mm rear. While not as effective as the aftermarket, they may be enough for your street use. Member 90503 has them and noticed some improvement on the street and does wel in auto x. At least get the links, l use the front zl1 12mm links and they work just fine with stock or aftermarket sways and are 1/2 as much as well.
Mods: Magnaflow 3" comp catback/Rotofab CAI/Apex Scoop/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm sway bars /BMR cradle bushings, toe links and trailing arms/Stage 1 cam-445/430 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
RKCamaro13

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I will be going with fe3 setup, sounds right for what I will be doing with the car.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Glad we could help! Let us know how it works out!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
While I'm usually a Pedders fan, their parts are insanely difficult to find right now and the Pedders team isn't responding to email or phone calls.

I made an order literally a month ago and have received almost no communication from them above the "we received your order". Several vendors here on C5 are having the same problems. Because of this, I ended up switching from a Pedders sway/endlink setup to the Pfadt sport. I am still waiting on the bushings, and if I don't hear anything by the end of the week will probably switch to Prothane...

If you make an order from one of the vendors, be sure to have them check if the parts are in stock before sending the money, because if the vendor has to order them you'll be waiting for weeks like the rest of us.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
[QUOTE=ssmike;7252563]...You can contact JusticePete (Pedders).../QUOTE]

Good luck with that.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote