Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #547
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Okay I hate to go there but here goes (flame away). Since the 6th gen will be coming out fairly close to the release of this car (a couple of years at least) and it will be lighter in weight. Who thinks the 6th gen with the lighter weight and smaller displacement motor with less power will be close performance wise?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #548
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
There are a lot of things in the thread that has been repeated.

LMFAO!
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #549
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
OH S**T!
Snot? Shot? Spit? Spot? Scat? Shut? Slot? Slut? Smut? Spat? Slit? Stat? Swat?

Too many possibilities for that word
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #550
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Okay I hate to go there but here goes (flame away). Since the 6th gen will be coming out fairly close to the release of this car (a couple of years at least) and it will be lighter in weight. Who thinks the 6th gen with the lighter weight and smaller displacement motor with less power will be close performance wise?
I believe you're right. While I'm all for Camaro advancing, there are some things, I personally, would like to see remain, like a big V8. 5-liters and up is good, but I'd prefer big-inch simplicity (i.e. pushrods). That's not to say I wouldn't like the 6th Gen as you've outlined it, it's just I don't mind how the 5th Gen is now, especially after spending a whole day in one this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
Snot? Shot? Spit? Spot? Scat? Shut? Slot? Slut? Smut? Spat? Slit? Stat? Swat?

Too many possibilities for that word
Exactly

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #551
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
good deal. i graduate college in 2012 maybe some of you's guys will have traded your 2010's in and i can get one and mod it up

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #552
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
I still can't believe it doesn't have the 4 gauge cluster.
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #553
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
then don't believe it....It is no different than saying "i can't believe it doesn't have a spoiler, or ground effects, stick shift, etc"

It is a test mule.....just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it isn't being offered...
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #554
JakeRobb

Drives: 2002 Z28 M6
Ugh, I read about half of the posts in this thread before I gave up and decided to just reply. I'll never catch up -- I'm at peace with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Besides, its practically been confirmed several times that the Z28 will have a supercharged 6.2L and will be a 2012 model.
That has not been confirmed by General Motors -- not even one single time.

Karl Stracke told reporters that a Z28 is on its way for 2012. He didn't say which engine, and his statement wasn't authorized by GM anyway, so they're not on the hook to honor it regardless. It's probably true, but it's not confirmed -- that's my only point.

To be clear, I do think that we will see an LSA-powered 2012 Z28 with unique wheels/fascias/brakes, and I do think these photos are exciting evidence that GM is testing such a combination, and benchmarking it against the 2011 Mustang GT, which hopefully also means that the suspension will be better. I just don't think these photos confirm anything at all about the details of the production car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
It will be released as a 2012 model late 2011 or early 2012.
Whether the 2012 lineup includes a Z28 or not, they are more likely to come out during early-mid 2011, given the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 models.
JakeRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #555
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post
Ugh, I read about half of the posts in this thread before I gave up and decided to just reply. I'll never catch up -- I'm at peace with that.

Karl Stracke told reporters that a Z28 is on its way for 2012. He didn't say which engine, and his statement wasn't authorized by GM anyway, so they're not on the hook to honor it regardless. It's probably true, but it's not confirmed -- that's my only point.

To be clear, I do think that we will see an LSA-powered 2012 Z28 with unique wheels/fascias/brakes, and I do think these photos are exciting evidence that GM is testing such a combination, and benchmarking it against the 2011 Mustang GT, which hopefully also means that the suspension will be better. I just don't think these photos confirm anything at all about the details of the production car.

Whether the 2012 lineup includes a Z28 or not, they are more likely to come out during early-mid 2011, given the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 models.

I guess you didn't take my advice.....
Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #556
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post

If you have been here looking at these type threads you must realize you have a BUNCH of people that whenever there is one little hint of what the Z28 might be, they are all over it like it's set in stone, and they will either love it to death or hate it, or nit pick all the little details they see... it's just the nature of this forum and all forums I have been on about cars.. nobody (except a very few) wants to wait and practically everybody thinks their idea of what it will be is right...
Right now people need to step back and look at what is actually known.. just because a picture leaks out of a Camaro with a sticker on the dash does not mean it's set in stone... hell they are even trying to figure out what the emblem on the side says and why it's covered... but they must also look at the rear bowtie, it's taped over too.. I think GM is Jerking some peoples' chain by doing that...Just my opinion...
Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #557
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
I like how they put a big piece of black tape over the bowtie in the back - never would be able to guess what kind of car this is unless they took that off haha
Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #558
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I like how they put a big piece of black tape over the bowtie in the back - never would be able to guess what kind of car this is unless they took that off haha
How do you know there is not something else written in the middle of that bowtie which they do not want people to see?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #559
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
How do you know there is not something else written in the middle of that bowtie which they do not want people to see?
Like post #463 0n page 19
Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #560
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
Its probably a converted car which didn't have then in the first place, and they saw no need to add them when they're testing the powertrain and suspension.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28