Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
This is from fbodfather. It's in the shipped delivered get in here thread...

We just love reading these posts - the passion that each of you exhibits for these magnificent machines inspires us -- and it's so great to see the excitement!

All - the Team at Oshawa is working as fast as possible to get every one of the ZL1s on a train or truck. We never want to delay getting your Camaro (LS, LT, SS or ZL1) to you ASAP - but quality must be the guiding light in all we do......)

Each car is important to us just as it is to you......

In some cases, we're replacing components if we feel they aren't up to our standards. (Stripes in particular)

the next few days will be memorable as many of you will meet your 'Camaro Comrade' for the first time - and hopefully it will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship that lasts for years!

It is a GREAT time to be a Camaro Enthusiast!
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
Can anybody confirm they have not shipped cars with the grey stripe?
If I take delivery April 27th (or later), that's going to be one very expensive stripe kit for ME as I will lose a few grand in TAX Credit toward the ZL1 from the VR-4 I SOLD last year. It's the same principle as "trade-in" value only it's applicable to Out-of-State or sales to non licensed individuals in-State for a "limited period of time".

GOOD GRIEF! If this is true... just send the car NOW with the proverbial duct tape color stripe. This would be ZL1 #61 & it's been sitting on a back lot since January. I will NEVER special order a car again; it will be out of available stock, I'd have a chance to examine the vehicle or I'd move on to something else if dealers got any greedier. C'mon guys... I have a serious case of PERMA-FROWN right now & this is getting ridiculous. Please do us both a favor & do NOT tell me how it will be worth it in the end.
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
hypoxic

Drives: '12 ZL1 CRT
I would agree that it would have been nice if this stripe issue could have been resolved during that period of time the cars sat in the QC hold. In effect they made the wait longer for a number of us. For some reason it wasn't possible to do 2 things at the same time. Bets on a third delay?
hypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
hypoxic

Drives: '12 ZL1 CRT
Maybe they'll make it right with Priority Mail or Overnight Shipping.
hypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
stymie

A 3rd delay would just about send me over the edge. I'm locked into a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $2.5K. If that were not the case, I'd be looking elsewhere, especially with a $5K over MSRP "deal" pending. I agree with hypoxic; Chevy had plenty of time to change their aesthetics to a BLACK stripe or "whatever" while they were running their CTF cars. I was thrilled to see my build date in January, but every time I go to GM Connects anymore, I get more depressed & wonder: what's next?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
I know it's tough but hang in there brother. This delay will pass.
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
stymie

They'd just about have to drop a ZR1 engine in mine at this point to make things right. OMG... I am SO p*ssed!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
This is from fbodfather. It's in the shipped delivered get in here thread...

We just love reading these posts - the passion that each of you exhibits for these magnificent machines inspires us -- and it's so great to see the excitement!

All - the Team at Oshawa is working as fast as possible to get every one of the ZL1s on a train or truck. We never want to delay getting your Camaro (LS, LT, SS or ZL1) to you ASAP - but quality must be the guiding light in all we do......)

Each car is important to us just as it is to you......

In some cases, we're replacing components if we feel they aren't up to our standards. (Stripes in particular)

the next few days will be memorable as many of you will meet your 'Camaro Comrade' for the first time - and hopefully it will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship that lasts for years!

It is a GREAT time to be a Camaro Enthusiast!

Awesome ....Best news I heard yet ....Gonna make the stripe look better,I just want the grey stripe to be black to make me happy! I ordered Yellow and in my opinion only black will do!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I still haven't seen one delivered with the exposed cf and grey stripe? Anybody? Won't be getting mine for a couple more weeks and would like to see detailed pics of grey stripe against exposed cf, preferably on white.
You probably won't see them for a little bit, yet...as posted - I think the gray stripes are being fixed.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
They'd just about have to drop a ZR1 engine in mine at this point to make things right. OMG... I am SO p*ssed!
Well now you know how to set your expectations in the future because they couldn't be met for what you wanted.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Well now you know how to set your expectations in the future because they couldn't be met for what you wanted.
Unfortunately....

Hopefully, you stick with it stymie, because only after your behind the wheel will you be able to realize that the wait is truly worth it.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Seems GM listened to us again... the first pics posted of the IOM w/ duct tape stripe had 100% negative comments... Sounds like they might be improving it.

I think black would be fine and could be ordered after the fact and dealer installed. Also CGM has never looked bad on any color car so far...

Another thing I noticed, if you look at early order workbench sheets they say "stripe w/ carbon fiber appearance" and the one I just got says "Dark Gray Roof and Rear Decklid Stripe Package"
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxic View Post
I would agree that it would have been nice if this stripe issue could have been resolved during that period of time the cars sat in the QC hold. In effect they made the wait longer for a number of us. For some reason it wasn't possible to do 2 things at the same time. Bets on a third delay?
Exactly, are you telling me they couldn't have resolved the stripes during the extra month they were sitting on QC. Stripes should be last reason for a holdup. I am so depressed at the moment. I have vin #52 and was expecting to be one of the first to receive mine. However, while vin 400's are already driving theirs, mine has not even shipped.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Exactly, are you telling me they couldn't have resolved the stripes during the extra month they were sitting on QC. Stripes should be last reason for a holdup. I am so depressed at the moment. I have vin #52 and was expecting to be one of the first to receive mine. However, while vin 400's are already driving theirs, mine has not even shipped.
Everything could be done better until we're aware of the whole story.....which we never will be. :(

"Keep the faith" works here, I think.

A pain - a frustration - but BELIEVE me....the car is worth every second of it.