Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Shifting into 2nd gear on your V6 M6?
Periodic / Regular Grind 194 45.97%
Periodic / Regular Bind 89 21.09%
No Issue 139 32.94%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #1569
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Took mine to the dealer two days ago.. Still waiting to hear whats going to happen.
Just got my car back from the dealer and no joy. They told me everything is normal and because I have a short throw shifter gear clash will happen. There is even a bulletin out for cars with short throw shifters/gear clash so they showed me that.

At least you guys are getting your transmissions fixed. I'm not.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #1570
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9039 View Post
I just got my car and it only has 2500 miles on it. Shifting in low gears is notchy and a high RPM shift from 1st to second .....no go. It just wont go in. This sucks. Happens on and off. From what I am reading .....dealers dont do anything and if they do its not a real fix anyway....great.
Try the master cylinder fix.. Dude it did for me.. I had the exact same issue once they fixed my tranny.. Changed the cylinder with the one made by IDEALG and presto I have a working transmission.
Also what i noticed on mine is that they did not bleed the clutch slave properly. Might want to have someone else bleed it..
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #1571
mstanford.us
Mark Stanford

Drives: Black 2010 SS LS3
5 qts of Redline D4 ATF really helped my M6 shift more smoothly. Especially noticeable at the strip. Amazon.com has it. My cold 1-2 shifts are greatly improved as well.
CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" 3", LG G6X3, Remote tune by Ted Jannetty JRE God of Tuning, ID 8500 injectors, ZL1 Fuel system, BMR, Yellaterra, Lunati Valve train, Street Slayer Carbon Twin. Numbers pending Dyno test.
mstanford.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #1572
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I have some master cylinders ready if any of you are interested. look me up in the sponsor market place under transmisson and you'll see the thread.

like i've said before make sure you fluid is clean and bled properly and make sure your clutch hydraulic lines aren't laying against the trans bellhousing. The bellhousing gets very hot and could be part of the problem. I noticed my clutch line was laying against my bellhousing so i removed the whole line and put thermo-sleeve over it then reinstalled the line . The thermo-sleeve will help keep the heat away from the line.

thermo-sleeve is made by cool it. part number 14010 you'll find it at summit or jegs and probably local auto parts like pep boys and autozone.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #1573
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #1574
CurryHD
Going for a Midnight Run

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Any recently updated advice on what to do when a dealer shuts you down for repair or part replacement as they claimed that the pause needed between shifting gears is normal 'for this car'? I had explained the bind and grind issues and they drove it and reported the TSB on the syncro's explains that it is normal behavior and a longer pause is needed between gears when shifting!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #1575
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryHD View Post
Any recently updated advice on what to do when a dealer shuts you down for repair or part replacement as they claimed that the pause needed between shifting gears is normal 'for this car'? I had explained the bind and grind issues and they drove it and reported the TSB on the syncro's explains that it is normal behavior and a longer pause is needed between gears when shifting!
Well it is normal.......... For this car... Wish I could help you.. Been fighting this for two years
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #1576
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Quote:
No pauses needed if they do their job right. This is after GM trans and clutch replacement, going to get IDEALG's master cylinder just to beef up the system.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #1577
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1106 View Post
I have gear problems but mines an auto tho it is in 2nd gear that this problem is occuring almost like it is slipping then it jumps right back into gear
Sounds like a band adjustment to me, since yours is an A6. I'd see if the dealer can adjust the bands or research it and do it myself. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #1578
piticu667

So did anyone else besides me try the master cylinder made by IDEALG?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #1579
StayFit

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
That's why I went with an automatic, so I won't have any problems with grind, clutch, etc. And if I want to have some fun, I can use the shift pedals but sorry about the problems you guys are getting, hope GM fixes it
StayFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #1580
CurryHD
Going for a Midnight Run

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Looking Good 2011Camaro! Hope to get there myself someday...

I had a chance to open it up good this weekend and it only ground once, bound once but the damn clutch pedal stuck to the floor between 1st and 2nd and between 2nd and 3rd a couple of times... got home to an awful smelling burnt clutch...

Any thoughts on the sticking clutch pedal issue? Is there a different TSB or fix for this?

Piticu, do you think the bigger MC will help with the sticking clutch pedal, burning clutch too?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1581
piticu667

Quote:
Looking Good 2011Camaro! Hope to get there myself someday...

I had a chance to open it up good this weekend and it only ground once, bound once but the damn clutch pedal stuck to the floor between 1st and 2nd and between 2nd and 3rd a couple of times... got home to an awful smelling burnt clutch...

Any thoughts on the sticking clutch pedal issue? Is there a different TSB or fix for this?

Piticu, do you think the bigger MC will help with the sticking clutch pedal, burning clutch too?
I do not think it will fix the sticking pedal issue. Do a clutch flush.. I am willing to bet you have deposits in your fluid. It happened to me a couple of times. Did a clutch flush and its still okay.. Going in this week to do another one.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #1582
carls2010

Drives: 2006 Corvette
clutch stuck ?? or is just droped low

Yes i havent read all the way thru the post here, but as for clutch stuck down or is down low, Sounds like the common problem of pressure plate bolts have come loose !!!!!!
carls2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ay6, bind, grind, repair, swap