Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #1023
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
:bangdesk:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1024
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think the PIF is great the way it is. No asking for parts or creating a list of stuff you want donated to you. That's BS no matter what the case is. That's why there's nice for sale sections where you can buy just about anything you need.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #1025
Bounty600

Drives: 1989 Firebird GTA, 2012 Camaro SS
BIGDAWG, I know I shouldn't even be adding fuel to this, but I do see you guys were busy while I was out this weekend. I won't be posting in here again (for everyone's sake). I figured since you did have some valid questions; I might offer some explanations. I'll answer you as you asked them, not numerically as you posted, since you posted multiple and jumped around a bit. Let me preface this with, I'm not guilt tripping anyone, I was defending myself in (correct me if I'm wrong) what has been a fairly hostile thread since I've had the misfortune to stumble across and post in it. Again, please don't bother to respond as I wont be checking this thread again. Think of this as food for thought.

- "Camaraderie over this situation"?
I wrecked my car, not blaming anyone but myself, most everyone has been in an accident before. So, I didn't think explaining that any further was necessary. Since it is, I was driving a friend home and it was dark. He lives in a recently developed area of town and one of the gates was busted. I turned around to go to the other gate at the SE side of the complex for entry. The road to this gate is a straight away except at the end, which has a sort of wide angled turn to the left. It rained the previous weekend all the way through to the early morning of the incident. As I've already stated, this was a recently developed area, because of this there is soil and sand all over the newly paved road. Mid-turn I hit the mud losing all traction and control sliding over one of those massive concrete drains with the man-hole on the side of the road. The front right took the brunt of the damage while the rear right suffered rim damage and a popped tire. I'm not saying everyone has had to deal with something like this before; they're more fortunate and probably more wary in situations like this than I was. I guess I figured, as a PIF thread, there would be good-natured people who would want to help someone in a truly unfortunate circumstance.
----If it's okay, I'll jump to my not knowing what PIF means. I do and I have payed it forward, maybe not to anyone on here but I give freely of my time and resources when I can. Of course I can't prove this, but if I may quote you, BIGDAWG,
"PIF is when someone does a favor or provides a service or item for another person...out of the kindness in their heart....many times it's a completely random act."
----I couldn't agree more.
You go on to say that, "Usually it happens after another person has done the same for them."
----Right on track, but since you know all of this it makes me wonder if you've ever PIF'd in real life? Allow me to provide an anecdote:
----I once was in Taco Bell during lunch, it was pouring outside. Some guys walk in drenched and I overhear them talking about how they had just skidded into a curb and popped a tire. The driver went on to ask if anyone had a jack because for some reason they didn't. Nobody answered (heck, it was pouring and lunchtime). I walk up and ask what happened, they tell me, I offer to let them use my jack. Long story short, poor dude's spare was shot and he had no clue how to use a jack. I jacked the car up and gave him my spare. I didn't ask him why his real friends didn't help, or why he couldn't call his family. After it was all done, and I was drenched, we were smoking a cig and he told me why he couldn't. His father had been in jail for the past few years and his mother worked 6 days a week. He thanked me for helping him and teaching him how to do that.
----I could post pics of the road, curb, car and tell you all my back story with a reason why I'm not working or why insurance wasn't called in; both are good reasons and unrelated. Simply put, to PIF, none of this should be required man. Im sure if I did disclose any of that, it would either be considered a lie for pity or someone would say it was an elaborate rouse to take advantage of others. I see your viewpoint on "freeloaders" and I can appreciate your "school of hard knocks" demeanor. Things work out and life goes on, but maybe ask the mods to take the "PIF and free giveaways" link and divide it so nobody else stumbles into something nasty? I'm not trying to have a p1$$1n' contest with you guys, just trying to explain myself as well as get y'all to at least look at it from another pov. cheers.
Bounty600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #1026
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Not to be an ass, but why pay for insurance and not use it? Doesn't make since to me. But who am I to pass judgment. Just my 2 cents worth.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #1027
BiGDaWgZ

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty600 View Post
BIGDAWG, I know I shouldn't even be adding fuel to this, but I do see you guys were busy while I was out this weekend. I won't be posting in here again (for everyone's sake). I figured since you did have some valid questions; I might offer some explanations. I'll answer you as you asked them, not numerically as you posted, since you posted multiple and jumped around a bit. Let me preface this with, I'm not guilt tripping anyone, I was defending myself in (correct me if I'm wrong) what has been a fairly hostile thread since I've had the misfortune to stumble across and post in it. Again, please don't bother to respond as I wont be checking this thread again. Think of this as food for thought.

- "Camaraderie over this situation"?
I wrecked my car, not blaming anyone but myself, most everyone has been in an accident before. So, I didn't think explaining that any further was necessary. Since it is, I was driving a friend home and it was dark. He lives in a recently developed area of town and one of the gates was busted. I turned around to go to the other gate at the SE side of the complex for entry. The road to this gate is a straight away except at the end, which has a sort of wide angled turn to the left. It rained the previous weekend all the way through to the early morning of the incident. As I've already stated, this was a recently developed area, because of this there is soil and sand all over the newly paved road. Mid-turn I hit the mud losing all traction and control sliding over one of those massive concrete drains with the man-hole on the side of the road. The front right took the brunt of the damage while the rear right suffered rim damage and a popped tire. I'm not saying everyone has had to deal with something like this before; they're more fortunate and probably more wary in situations like this than I was. I guess I figured, as a PIF thread, there would be good-natured people who would want to help someone in a truly unfortunate circumstance.
----If it's okay, I'll jump to my not knowing what PIF means. I do and I have payed it forward, maybe not to anyone on here but I give freely of my time and resources when I can. Of course I can't prove this, but if I may quote you, BIGDAWG,
"PIF is when someone does a favor or provides a service or item for another person...out of the kindness in their heart....many times it's a completely random act."
----I couldn't agree more.
You go on to say that, "Usually it happens after another person has done the same for them."
----Right on track, but since you know all of this it makes me wonder if you've ever PIF'd in real life? Allow me to provide an anecdote:
----I once was in Taco Bell during lunch, it was pouring outside. Some guys walk in drenched and I overhear them talking about how they had just skidded into a curb and popped a tire. The driver went on to ask if anyone had a jack because for some reason they didn't. Nobody answered (heck, it was pouring and lunchtime). I walk up and ask what happened, they tell me, I offer to let them use my jack. Long story short, poor dude's spare was shot and he had no clue how to use a jack. I jacked the car up and gave him my spare. I didn't ask him why his real friends didn't help, or why he couldn't call his family. After it was all done, and I was drenched, we were smoking a cig and he told me why he couldn't. His father had been in jail for the past few years and his mother worked 6 days a week. He thanked me for helping him and teaching him how to do that.
----I could post pics of the road, curb, car and tell you all my back story with a reason why I'm not working or why insurance wasn't called in; both are good reasons and unrelated. Simply put, to PIF, none of this should be required man. Im sure if I did disclose any of that, it would either be considered a lie for pity or someone would say it was an elaborate rouse to take advantage of others. I see your viewpoint on "freeloaders" and I can appreciate your "school of hard knocks" demeanor. Things work out and life goes on, but maybe ask the mods to take the "PIF and free giveaways" link and divide it so nobody else stumbles into something nasty? I'm not trying to have a p1$$1n' contest with you guys, just trying to explain myself as well as get y'all to at least look at it from another pov. cheers.

I had a huge post replying to everything but I'm growing weary of this because it's so ridiculous.....so i've just condensed it down to this:

You didn't "stumble into something nasty" as you say.

You simply ran into some people who aren't going to just send you free wheels/tires and suspension components just because you thought that you were somehow "entitled" to ASK for someone to give you those parts.

Truth is.

Simply put...your post had the earmarks of about any other typical scam that you run into on the internet and I'm really surprised that you either can't or don't want to see that...and instead you continue to want to lecture us about how we treat others in the section where everyone GIVING ITEMS AWAY TO PEOPLE !!

WOW...

You "Wonder" if I've ever PIF'd in real life....lol...that's laughable and it says alot more about YOU than it does about me. (since you know nothing about me)

2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #1028
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I am new to the PIF thing and I don't know the rules. I don't believe he was asking for everyone of these parts looking for a free ride. I think he was just seeing who had what. He probably would've paid some of the money plus shipping. But fighting over the internet about this is extremely stupid, he said he wondered, I wonder what happens when you fart on the moon will I be criticized for that? If i broke something on my car and needed a replacement part, the first place i would look is the free giveaways. Who wouldnt? Why spend $100 on something when you can spend $50? That is just my opinion on this, if you care to argue we can continue arguing.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #1029
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3

Why don't we try getting this thread back on track!

I have some blue footwell lights, anyone need them?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #1030
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2018 hyper blue zl1
blue footwells would love to take those off your hands was about to post skip shift eliminator if anyone needs that
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 AM   #1031
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Anyone need a skip shift eliminator
Old 02-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #1032
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Nope nothing wrong. They are brand new I am just going to use another kind so I don't need these.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #1033
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post

I have some blue footwell lights, anyone need them?
Would love to have them. Pics?
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #1034
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscamaro69z28 View Post
Anyone need a skip shift eliminator
Skip shift eliminator been wondering about this...I have a 2010 llt m6 will it work, and is there a real difference

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
OfficiallyTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #1035
chriscamaro69z28
army life

im not sure if there is a difference maybe someone can chime in mine is a SS
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #1036
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficiallyTook View Post
Skip shift eliminator been wondering about this...I have a 2010 llt m6 will it work, and is there a real difference

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
My skip shift was shut down when the car was tuned, well worth it due to the pain in ass the 1st to 4th throw was at a low rpm shift.
You are not going to gain power but the annoying pull into 4th gear will be gone.