Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #99
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I agree. Just because you have a hard time distinguishing prototype from production, please don't come on our forum and trash this thing of beauty. Constructive criticism is OK, but if you don't have enough imagination to take these early "spy" shots with a grain of salt, please keep your comments to yourself.

Thank you.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #100
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Here's a chop I did to approximate what features I think will be changed for the production.
Attached Images

balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #101
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
The concept looks like the Terminator-- very menacing, but- if that's what GM gives us guess I'll be drivin' that.... Whatever, just bring it on!

Still, it looks very close to the concept. Throw some paint on there and it'll be rockin'!

Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think they are just feeling out opinions about the designs. we will probably see more grill/headlight designs before we see the first pre production cars roll off the line...
Just keep posting your comments. GM IS watching!!!

I like the grill, but not the headlights, just does not look quite right after all the pictures of the concept car...
Keep working on it you almost have it perfect!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #103
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
Here's a chop I did to approximate what features I think will be changed for the production.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #104
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Thanx for the front shot Scott!

I lurk more than I post and really enjoy reading all these "reactions". I knew I would be buying one of these awesome vehicles more than a year ago and just like it more every time I see another view.

If GM is listening, you are definitely on the right track; it's just beautiful. Personally, I think that the ram air not being cut-out may indicate that the final version may even have the rear vents cut-out as well Also, I noticed that the front brake vents don't seem to be cut out either so???? I hope they are all cut-out.
Also, I REALLY prefer the Halo headlights and am REALLY hoping for LEDs all the way around (rear, back-up, side markers, etc.) but none of these things would change my mind.
Keep up the awesome job. I can't wait to drive my Hugger Orange w/White stripes, Z28 off the dealers lot!
Ken
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #105
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Those vents are not cut out. Perhaps that will change come production
I assumed none of the vents were cut out just because it's pre-production. Final form will be cut out most likely.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #106
Fbodybuddy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
Practically a spiting image of the concept. I don't know why everyone is freaking out. I mean what the hell do you want? Just compare the pictures. Quad headlamps (w/angel eyes, too) would look good if positioned correctly on the grille. A full frontal view of the actual vehicle probably would be very telling. The vents on the quarter panels aren't even cut out on the concept. Even if they were it would wreck the aerodynamics of the vehicle and they wouldn't do anything anyway. Any of you bailing out on this one just means I can get mine quicker. One less Camaro in Europe means one more in America for me.
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #107
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Kenz made a comment to the front brake vents. I do hope they're there...but I can't see anything down there, do any of you? I can see if they axed that little feature (not a big deal, the car's so low, you'd hardly ever see them).

And I'm very sure (though I don't actually 'know') that the air scoop, and the faux rear brake vents will either be cut-out (brake vents non-functional), or they will be made to look like they're cut-out. And my "very-suredness" extends to believing they'll be cut out.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #108
Outrun

Drives: ...
That looks great! I really like the dual headlight look.

Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #109
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
i knew the concept was missing high beams lmao.

loven the new front end. keep up the excellent work GM. next pic under the hood perhaps.....
Old 01-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #110
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Looks absolutely beautiful. Closer to the concept than I could have hoped. Yet, somehow, better looking than the concept imo.

As I said before, I am pretty sure all the vents (front scoop and side) will be open in the final version. I understand these headlights aren't the final product, but even if they were I'm not totally against them. Though I am still hoping for the halo's.

Strangely while I didn't like pics of the concept without the bowtie, I actually think this version look pretty good without it (looks fine with it too, of course). Could be due to the slightly more 'busy' grille. Not busy in a bad way though.

And regardless of what some may think about white... I LOVE this car in white. I'm 75% sure White will be my color of choice when I order mine.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #111
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
We were asked to "keep the faith" and we have. GM has delivered a vehicle (not finished yet though!!) that has met their promises, something that is very very close to the concept. I for one am very happy with the progress. Some (mostly haters) do not seem to realize that the concept is like a million dollar show car; interior, exterior, and under the hood. We cannot expect GM to deliver that concept car for ~$30k, no way, therefore they should be understanding with the changes that had to be made. And if you don't like it, go buy something else, don't rain on our parade.

When we all roll up in our 5th gens, the mustang and challenger drivers will be sure to turn their heads, just you wait.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #112
Bart

Drives: 1997 Trans Am
Front Plate

My only hope on the front end is living in a state that requires a front plate (freaking Missouri), I hope GM can come up with a mounting bracket that goes through the lower air intake and is bolted out of site. I hate that the bracket on my 97 TA is drilled right through the front fascia. This would allow you to take it off for car shows and such without leaving anything unsightly behind.

-Bart
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote