Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
wow !!! how hard is this to get right.....now im wondering if i got this messed up on my car....pics please of where the hoses go...
It's not difficult.

LS3 - center hose goes to the valley cover nipple low and behind the passenger side of the throttle body. The outter hose will go to the nipple on the intake manifold about 2 inches away from the valley cover one. You are just replacing the U shaped hard line that goes between the two fittings.

L99 - Center hose goes to the hard line that runs from the back drivers side PCV fitting. You could run a longer hose to that back fitting so you don't have to cut the hard line. The outter hose goes to the same as described on the LS3. Again you are just putting the can inline with that run.

The link I posted has great pictures and describes the install for both.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2010 Camaro Catch Can install PDF.pdf (673.4 KB, 334 views)

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1

this is a picture of what i would consider to be right installation...
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Hope this helps some of you.....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf RXCatchCans_L99_LS3.pdf (2.96 MB, 326 views)

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
If it didn't seem right, why did you continue? I've skimmed the instructions but don't rememeber where it mentioned hooking up the hoses in the wrong places.
Cause I was even more stupid than the person that wrote the directions in the first place. I fully admit I was stupid to ignore the warning bells going off in my head based off of my own understanding of how essential a PCV system is and how it works. I was plain dumb to not trust myself in this case. STUUUUUUPID. I'm stupid. That's all there is to it. And now I gotta replace a rear main seal on a relatively new car.

Sam
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I agree the paper instruction I had were horrible luckily I was able to find A video on YouTube that made it so easy search YouTube or try the search up top I'm sure you'll find it
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just googled on how to put the RX on my L99 and found a Camaro5 thread with DIY instructions written by SC2150. It was an easy install other than removing the stock hose from the nipples. If I remember right the driver side should go to the center part of the can and the passenger side should go to the outer part of the can basically creating and X with the two lines.

ACE1USMC, did you just remove the RX and bring it back to dealership and say it should be covered under warranty? If not, how much did you pay out of pocket to get it fixed?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
The Big question

The big question is why a manufacture would send out a quality product with insufficient or unclear install instructions ? Sound's like several purchasers have felt this way.You should not have to go to you tube or the web to find clear an concise in stall instructions on a product that you purchase.Especially on a product as critical as the catch can is.I received some intall instructions from a vendor on this site once that were the same way.Copied to many times, unclear pictures blurred et'c. so I know how the intaller feels.Too bad this turned out to be a major repair for you.Good luck with it.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #22
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
I don't know about anyone else but when I install something under the hood I always look for a DIY on here first.
And sorry for your issue with the RX can.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qthwzq
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #23
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Cause I was even more stupid than the person that wrote the directions in the first place. I fully admit I was stupid to ignore the warning bells going off in my head based off of my own understanding of how essential a PCV system is and how it works. I was plain dumb to not trust myself in this case. STUUUUUUPID. I'm stupid. That's all there is to it. And now I gotta replace a rear main seal on a relatively new car.

Sam
Hey Ace I got sum good news for ya..I would very seriously doubt that you've gotta replace the rearmain seal,just clean up the mess,may have to do it acouple of times to get it all,but you should be fine.....really...
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #24
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Yeah the instructions are a damn joke. I scoured the internet and found some instructions. Mine is installed correctly.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post

Sam
I wonder if you will be one that gets lucky and it will seal up on it's own not that the excess pressure has been relieved? I hope it does so you don't have to mess with it.

I had a torque wrench quit working while I was tightening an intake manifold bolt this weekned and snapped it off Stupid me for not realizing on my own that I had passed 89 inch pounds a few turns ago. It's nothing like a seal, but still sucks as this is my daily driver.

Good luck with it

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #26
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
WOW!! Have been at the Gator Nationals and just got back....have to say frst I'm sorry, but I can find anywhere in the instructions where it states to install the lines backwards, and I am always available via PM, email, or phone to help any that need....with over 10,000 of these sold and installed over the past9-10 years some do have difficulty and thats why were here to help and this community has tons that always jump on to help.

We continue to update instructions when we get feedback from customers on how they think we can improve them, but the principal of installing a can is pretty straight forward.

I have to ask, why would anyone not contact us for help if they have any doubt?

I have at times even been up at midnight or later helpping customers on the west coast when they need. Again, our appologies for any confusion and please let us know which instructions (different for different makes/models/motors/mods) and what page so we can edit in any way to help.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I just read through each instruction and can't find where it states to hook the can up backwards:

2010 Camaro installation

First thing is to understand the concept. The RX oil separating catchcan plumbs simply inline between the intake manifold vacuum nipple (passenger side of the intake manifold snout) and the valley cover fitting on the LS3, or the line running to the rear of the drivers side valve cover:

Note: The center fitting of the can is the inlet, and this will run to either the valley cover fitting (just below the intake manifold vac nipple on the LS3) or the rear of the drivers side valve cover.
(on the LS3 this tube is removed) The outlet is the outer fitting and connects to the intake

Thats the V8 version,

And the V6:

Note: The mount can attach to either the radiator shroud bolt or the bolt shown here that the engine cover stud. With the can mounted, run the hoses as shown. The fittings both turn to orient as needed. The center fitting of the can is the inlet, and runs to the end terminating at the rear of the passenger valve cover. The outlet connects to the intake manifold vacuum source.

These are the instructions supplied with the catchcan kits.....so I'm confused.

I ask if anyone wants to contribute suggestions to improving the instructions please do, but dont attack with such insults. Most here know I go ot of my way to always help any with questions or issues on any subject, all one needs to do is ask.

We may look at something so simple as installing one of these as so simple instructions should not even ne needed, but were looking at it from a tech standpoint and realize even the most simple things can be complicated for those that have no knowledge of motors and cars, but please ask....dont just jump and attack.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #28
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i concur.