Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
A "not so cool" interior addition to keep the po-po happy... Ideas anyone?

So the TX laws regarding "Click it or Ticket" have gotten quite strict lately...and I am trying to figure out a way to put a 'tuck-away' lap belt in the back seat across the "hump". (sometimes I have a person sitting there). I am trying to find a way to put a belt there without it taking away "nice" points on the interior. Any thoughts on this? Ideas?

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Depends if you're looking for functionality or looks. If you'r going for the look of one you could get a lap belt and just tuck it in to the seat slots where the other seat belts connect or into the crease where the seat folds.

For true fuctionality the only thing I can think of off hand would be to connect to the same points under the seat where the other seatbelts are bolted in or the lower carseat latch points; but I doubt that it would be to safe, and fat chance in having it be stealthy when not in use.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Or just have your friends wear this belt hahahah.

metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
I'm fairly certain the Camaro is considered a 2 + 2 seater.. So not sure that I would have 5 people in a crapped Camaro anyway?
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I bought a lap belt on ebay for $35 and just installed it. Had to drill out the holes on the new belts' anchor points a little (a pain to do with cheap drill bits). But install was easy and it works fine.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
In Texas only people 17 or under have to have a seat belt in the rear seats.. I'm not sure of the laws regarding putting 3 people in a 2 seat space.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
So the TX laws regarding "Click it or Ticket" have gotten quite strict lately...and I am trying to figure out a way to put a 'tuck-away' lap belt in the back seat across the "hump". (sometimes I have a person sitting there). I am trying to find a way to put a belt there without it taking away "nice" points on the interior. Any thoughts on this? Ideas?
i have thought about this also as my little girl likes to bring a friend along when we head out to tgif or car show, i had the seat out the other day to do the rear seat footwell lighting and there are several spots to hook up additional belts. look at the pic, see where the belt clips into? the bolt that attaches it sticks out quite a bit, another belt could be added there and then install a nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I bought a lap belt on ebay for $35 and just installed it. Had to drill out the holes on the new belts' anchor points a little (a pain to do with cheap drill bits). But install was easy and it works fine.
do you have a link or pics of you install?

thanks

Lupe
Attached Images

overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
overhaulengines

ok look what i just found, i think these will work perfect, they have all the camaro colors
http://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbe...ies/lap-belts/

im going to purchase a set, i will post pics and give y'all all the detail of how it comes out

lupe
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Nice little necro there.

Before doing this mod, please keep in mind that depending on where you live, adding a third seat belt to where one does not belong could get you a larger and more sever fine then a seat belt ticket.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
adding a third seat belt to where one does not belong could get you a larger and more sever fine then a seat belt ticket.
One belongs there - the factory just forgot to install it.

I didn't take any pics. I hooked the center mounts onto the existing bolt first, then put the factory ones on - so the center belt mounts are closer to the outside of the car than the stock ones. The center belt does not interfere with the operation of stock belts.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
CGM2010

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Send a message via Skype™ to CGM2010
This vehicle has been engineered and tested for 4 seating positions, per the owners manual. Altering it to accommodate a fifth passenger could expose the owner to significant liability as the added belt nor the attachment point has been tested for the additional load, should you be in an accident and the belt or the attachment point fail. I would recommend limiting your seating positions to 4, as the owners manuel states.
CGM2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
In Texas only people 17 or under have to have a seat belt in the rear seats.. I'm not sure of the laws regarding putting 3 people in a 2 seat space.

I actually heard that they changed that law this year or last year to EVERYONE in the car needs a belt
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalemt View Post
Or just have your friends wear this belt hahahah.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #14
overhaulengines

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113158

just got it done

lupe