Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
jdwarren

Drives: 2013 chevrolet camaro rally yellow
Arrow Installing 12" RE SE sub + Amp. Base '13 Camaro

Hey everyone!

I just picked up a 2013 Camaro 2LS
Base model - no upgraded sound system

I have a 12" Resonant audio SE sub (big ported box)
a 1000 watt JBL amp
I will be using a LOC (Line-Out-Converter) because I want to keep the stock/boring head unit -> I do not have the touch screen, just base radio.

I just have a couple quick questions:
1) Are there any guides with pictures on how to hook up a sub with a LOC?
2) If not, Which speakers should I splice into so I can hookup my LOC?
3) Where is a good ground spot in the trunk?
4) Where is a good place to run my remote wire? (in my old car, i just stuck it in the same fuse as my radio - whenever i turned my radio on the amp turned on, when i turned it off - my amp turned off.
5) My first car with the battery being in the back - thats freaking awesome! Any things i need to know?

Finally, I have such a big box that i had to actually take out my spare tire / spare tire cover so i can drop the box in vertically. But Now i have managed to squeeze my spare tire / inflator back into the trunk, but now I cannot get the "Cover" thing to get inbetween my sub/spare tire.. Do you think I need that? It is just a big hole with the battery exposed. I could put the carpet over the battery so it looks better, but the carpet does not "support" any weight.

Let me know what you guys think, and I will get some pics up if anyone wants to check it out.

Thank you very much for any responses / questions.. If any of you guys need help, I might be able to help you out so just ask any questions

Have a good one everyone !!!
jdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote