Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Having a camaro= sacrifice many things

Excuse my reasons to bi***, I still love my car. But it sucks sometimes having my car, for instence.... I went get my hair cut today and the place I go is in a Publix parking place so I tool the time to park far in the back away from idiots and walking to the front door 4 people just happen to park at the same time and walk before me. Well I have a certain person that cuts my hair and guess who those 4 people got in line for!.. My barber! Ugggh! Then it takes like 4 hours of cleaning my car cause once I start I do everything which is ok when done. Then where I live, in an apartment, this freaking old guy complains that my car is too loud when it starts up and when coming in soo fn annoying so when he complained they gave me the choice to park 2 blocks down, move out, or change my exhausts! WTF! Am I the only one? I need some easing from you guys!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Have you modded your exhaust from stock? The stock one is pretty quiet.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
lwlkr92

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
That is bullsh*t. Assuming your are not out there revving your engine at ridiculous hours, I don't see what the deal is. I agree with the parking far away, but I have told myself that the exercise is good for me.
lwlkr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
#1... don't park so far away if your going to complain about it

#2... if youre a dude... dont be so vain about your hair, anyone can give ya a trim

#3... get a house with a garage... this will solve the constant washing and the bitching neighbor... maybe but in a house you dont have to care what he says.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlkr92 View Post
That is bullsh*t. Assuming your are not out there revving your engine at ridiculous hours, I don't see what the deal is. I agree with the parking far away, but I have told myself that the exercise is good for me.
Reverse the rolls.... Not bull then. I know some people with some crazy loud cars. I get up at 5:00am and if this guy was coming home at 1 or 2 am with a loud car, waking me up, I'd be pissed too... Sure I can move but I am not the one causeing the disturbance... I am just playing the flip side of the coin here...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Where I live it would take more than a loud exhaust to kick someone out. I'd go down to city hall and talk to someone. Like someone mentioned earlier, if you're coming in a 1 or 2 in the morning with a non stock exhaust I can understand where that guy is coming from.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Lor5150

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

#2... if youre a dude... dont be so vain about your hair, anyone can give ya a trim

#3... get a house with a garage... this will solve the constant washing and the bitching neighbor... maybe but in a house you dont have to care what he says.

Yup...everything this person said, except #3..maybe he's not in the market to buy a house..maybe rent a house with a garage?? I would say, how loud is the engine? Is it like obnoxious loud? If not, then you may just have to deal with a grumpy neighbor, and just be courteous and not revv it up?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Damn... that sucks man. I hope when i change my pipes I wont get too many complaints...
Old 06-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
His exhaust is louder than stock from what I remember at CamaroFest.

Sounds like a lame neighbor but that's kind of what you have to expect in an apt complex.

I kind of accepted I have to park farther. Personally I would never live in an apt complex with a Camaro. I park mine in the garage every night.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
louiecvt

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1

Imagine What my eighbors think. I live in a house and keep it in the garage. I try to be courteous when coming or going. I don't rev it up (At least not at weird hours) and I try to just coast in with minimal throttle. I also start it up with the garage door closed and than open a few seconds later.
louiecvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
your neighbors would love my 88 Camaro with the 502 and 3 inch Flowmaster exhaust, tell your neighbor to get some earplugs, damn people have to bit** about everything.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

1. I'm not complaining about parking far, if read everything I ended up costing muskeg a few hours trying to get a cut

2. Not just anybody can hair, especially the way you want it

3. Not so easy to just get a house, but u have a good point

And I don't rev my car or come in late, that's just old people with zero tolerence
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I can only help with one of those points....your favorite barber probably takes appointments. Maybe not, I know there are a few who don't, but at least see if they have "call ahead seating" so to speak.

On the apartment complex issue. Is there anything in your lease that says you have to drive a quiet car? Does no one there have a motorcycle? I certainly can't imagine you being louder than most of those. I think I too remember your car from C5Fest, and it was not much louder than mine, so I doubt they have a "legal" leg to stand on as far as making you move or un-mod your car. Unless you would break the sound ordinances in your area, I'd just say tell them to get over it. Doesn't mean they can't still make your life miserable though....I wish you luck!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

My car isn't crazy loud, but isn't quiet it's just the little things that build up inside. I know there ways to make it easier, but I always make it a lil harder in these cases cause' it does pay off, my hair doesn't get F'D up. My car turns out cleaner than a whistle, and well I park away to make old geezer happy I guess....