Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I <3 Turbos

I'm going to look into dropping one (maybe two... >.>) into the v6 camaro when I get my hands on one... I'll have to do something about that high comp. ratio though
yea a V6 turbo would make me but too high a compression is less maybe if they give us a small little turbo OEM or over the counter with some boost? say 5-8 pounds? nice economy and more then 300 horses
ZeeTwentyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #16
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
No you won't, its a direct injection engine...look at the 335i engine specs...you'll be suprised how high it can be with direct injection
Please do go on.....
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #17
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
Sounds like we might expect a Camaro with a smaller turbo charged engine to help in MPG's
yeah, we've discussed that option numerous times.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #18
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
My sources are telling me that the Turbo Four Cylinder is pretty much a done deal for the Camaro.

May be an interesting alternative in light of the new CAFE regs and the need to lighten the car up somewhat.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #19
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
My sources are telling me that the Turbo Four Cylinder is pretty much a done deal for the Camaro.

May be an interesting alternative in light of the new CAFE regs and the need to lighten the car up somewhat.
Are you talking about a small 4 (the new 1.6?) plus a V6 or the LNF instead of a V6? It can't see GM offering the LNF & LTT in the same car since the performance would be so similar.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We have no reason to believe that a V6 won't be offered, so if there is a turbo4, it would most likely slot under the V6.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Are you talking about a small 4 (the new 1.6?) plus a V6 or the LNF instead of a V6? It can't see GM offering the LNF & LTT in the same car since the performance would be so similar.
derrr...I can't believe I had to look up those engine codes, I'm usually on the ball with those.

Anyways, here's a brain teaser for you. There's no doubt that the Camaro will get a V6 -- and many reliable people are telling us, whether directly or not, that it will be 300hp. But if they put the Turbo 4 in the car, who's to say that it doesn't drop in power to maybe 220hp or something like that? They could do that and then by utilizing the turbo/direct injection combo, the powertrain guys could probably whip out a 30mpg Camaro. Besides, there's no real reason to have 260hp in the bottom-line car, not - like you said - when the V6 is so close to it in power.