Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
mounting wideband

whats everyone doing to mount the wideband sensors?

I was just thinking of putting it under the dash off to the right.could look right down at it easily

Would be nice to get a suction cup mount or something so I didn't have to drill into the interior etc. did some googleing and I cant find anything like that for a wideband type sensor....
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
whats everyone doing to mount the wideband sensors?

I was just thinking of putting it under the dash off to the right.could look right down at it easily

Would be nice to get a suction cup mount or something so I didn't have to drill into the interior etc. did some googleing and I cant find anything like that for a wideband type sensor....
Hey man! Check out AEROFORCE. They make a nice single guage pod that fits in the defront vent just to the left of the cluster. You still maintain defrost ability as well. I installed mine this weekend. Its a nice piece but the paint is terrible, I will be pulling mine off in the next few weeks when I have some time to sand it down and refinish it in matte black. Fits the AEM Wideband perfectly. Since I know where you installe your power, you will have to extend it by about a foot if you want to make it. It was pretty easy otherwise.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
Hey man! Check out AEROFORCE. They make a nice single guage pod that fits in the defront vent just to the left of the cluster. You still maintain defrost ability as well. I installed mine this weekend. Its a nice piece but the paint is terrible, I will be pulling mine off in the next few weeks when I have some time to sand it down and refinish it in matte black. Fits the AEM Wideband perfectly. Since I know where you installe your power, you will have to extend it by about a foot if you want to make it. It was pretty easy otherwise.
I heard these gauge holders pop out of the vent all the time. I was looking to do the same and it really is the best place for one or two gauges as well.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I heard these gauge holders pop out of the vent all the time. I was looking to do the same and it really is the best place for one or two gauges as well.
The factory unit has a retention piece that protrudes from the front side of the vent (facing the driver) the aerforce one only has them on 2 sides left and right. Your absolutely right that I can push mine with very little force and it will come up. I plan on fixing that. For the cost of the pod, you would have thought they could have added a small plastic clip or something to hold it in place. Not even going to get into the piss poor paint job. I will equivilate it to them dipping it into a 1 gallon bucket of paint, shaking it off and then packaging it.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote