Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #43
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
Maybe you're just numb to being screwed over, and just chalk it up. And there are those that speak out and hold someone accountable. OR, you are so rich you can just go pay cash for a car that costs half a house, and expect to have something break. For the other part of US that are in a lower pay grade, we expect shit to work for our hard earned money. Really? Less than 2 years on a new vehicle and..... Oh well, it's to be expected! Pffttt..
Life happens, it's out of warranty that is all that matters. Sure it would be great if everything lasted forever, but it doesn't. As an adult I accept my responsibility for things I purchase when the warranty period is over. I also purchase extended warranties on my cars, but I don't cheap out and get the one that covers everything but wear and tear items. I also do my part and read what the warranty does and does not cover before purchase. Outside of the warranty, I know and accept that it's on my dime.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #44
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I can see where you can be up set, but to say that your monthly payments is paying for the radio and be fixed for free is just absurd. You were given a loan and you paying on that loan. It does suck but you were given some help and that would have been more than nothing. I would of taken that offer. Any help would be awesome.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #45
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
dang! I go to lunch and this thread is getting fed better than me!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #46
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
Two Camaros and each had mylink problems? What are the odds?
I've had 2 Camaros and NO Mylink problems ... maybe I am pushing my luck and need to get a bid in on spare from ebay.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #47
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
I've had 2 Camaros and NO Mylink problems ... maybe I am pushing my luck and need to get a bid in on spare from ebay.
If you buy a third one....you're just crazy man!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #48
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Speaking of dirty laundry, I had a sewer line back up and overflow in the yard for TWO WEEKS before we noticed it. It was 100+ degrees most of those days. I paid $195.00 for a plumber to remove a small root clump in about 10 minutes. He left me with the pile of "debris" to deal with.

Sometimes you pay, wear your big boy pants AND put on your waders! Life can be pretty crappy! Sorry for the non-Camaro rant...

Is that going to stop you from ever buying another house again...? haha
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #49
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Im surprised no one has asked if the OP did something to make the MyLink fail? like hooking up an amp or something. IMO - you dont typically run into the same issue two different times in a row unless you have deliberately did something that created the fail in the first place...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #50
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
^^^^ Was thinking the same thing.

Now with that said and his two people buy the cars and only one has the problem. Well if it were faulty as he claims (and I am not saying it is not) then both of you would have the problems.

I completely understand the warranty deal. It is frustrating as I have a Tahoe with a cracked dash. But with that, it should be recalled because of thousands of people with the same issue.

The Mylink is man made and it will fail. And man can also make it fail,,,,,,So what have you done to your stereo system? Anything?
Old 08-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #51
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
along the same lines as above wonder if OP lives near a nuke plant...
Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #52
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Don't I know this feeling all too well. Its playing roulette with the warranty. Its very common that issues occur after a warranty period, and the dealer finks out on covering it. I've been in situations where the dealer refused issues during a warranty period. Oh the fighting.....letters....litigation.....I miss those days.

Ok back to the topic: If you have an extended warranty but it won't cover the repair, then you can either pay out of pocket, trade or sell. Its rotten, but those are your options. It is also your option to sell and not come back. Quite a few people have left GM products because they were fed up with the treatment (many times I was tempted to). It is having an impact on the company, and GM has to find more ways to satisfy customers.

Try all of the avenues that are available to you, and then figure out what to do. In the end you have to be satisfied with the car. If it doesn't happen, then you have every right to shop somewhere else.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #53
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Its very common that issues occur after a warranty period, and the dealer finks out on covering it.
How is the dealer "finking out" if the item lasted through the warranty?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #54
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
How is the dealer "finking out" if the item lasted through the warranty?
WTH is finking?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #55
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
The problem is these Millennials Get butt hurt over everything, and expect someone else to fix everything for them. Out of warranty means out of warranty. They offered more than they had too. They offered to pay part of the repair cost, according to one of your rants. Grow up, not everyone gets a trophy .
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #56
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Im surprised no one has asked if the OP did something to make the MyLink fail? like hooking up an amp or something. IMO - you dont typically run into the same issue two different times in a row unless you have deliberately did something that created the fail in the first place...
I did, on the second page:

OP, can you elaborate on the fact that two screens have failed. Did they both fail in the same way? Was there no resolution with either screen from GM? Have there been any modifications to the MyLink system done? I ask this because I have not heard of many issues with MyLink, and yet it has happened to you twice.

Never got a response from the OP.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote