Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #267
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I'm one of 451 black 2SS 1LE ... prolly the only one in France though ... and one of very very few in Europe!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #268
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Two. When you children become wealthy enough to buy one just like dad had back in the day...
I was thinking more like 30-40 years. Just looking at the prices of mid 90s cars they are still at the bottom but if you look at the Grand National, GTA, or Formula 350 from the mid - late 80s and you find one in good shape they are going for close to their MSRP or over their original selling price.

My point is my 1 of 43 means little for about 30+ years, but being a single year run before a body change would make it more desirable to some. Only time will tell.

Matt
Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #269
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Is there a way to track down what # produced of the 451 made? Like car 18 made of the 451 produced.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #270
20121lt
REAPER1LE

Drives: 1LE 1 SS 2018
Send a message via Yahoo to 20121lt
1 of 76 VR 1ss 1le rs w npp wonder what ## we have with this option...this is very cool on its own .....
20121lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #271
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
So I have 1/43 1SS/1LE built or 1/182 AGM 2013 1LE built......

It is neat an all, but how many decades do I have to wait before this actually means a return on my initial investment
Who knows if they will ever be collectible but judging from initial desirability I'd say there is a very good chance. I had an original 1968 Pontiac GTO and it sold for a modest $9000 back in 2000. I think that car new was like $2900. But you have to also consider inflation. That car now would easily sell for 3x that much and it was not a very rare model. Our cars are much rarer.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #272
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
The 1LE is designed to be low build count. Everything in the past was supposed to sell like crazy but then would get canned when they had 10k parts on the shelf.

Plus, almost everything in the 1LE is already on the Camaro just on different models so there really isnt anything too proprietary.
My comment was not directed at the 1LE's. I agree they were set up to be low production. My concern is with the Camaro in general. If the non-1LE and non-ZL1 numbers are low as well, the product could be in trouble. Again, drawing from memory at the end of the Gen 4 cars, there were like 68K cars built that last year, with 38K different vehicles. I know that only one option difference would make the vehicle unique from another looking at things like this, but my fear is that variety at that level could spell doom for systems set up for mass production. I understand that over 100K Camaros were built this year, but I would like to see that number grow, as I am sure GM would as well.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #273
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
My comment was not directed at the 1LE's. I agree they were set up to be low production. My concern is with the Camaro in general. If the non-1LE and non-ZL1 numbers are low as well, the product could be in trouble. Again, drawing from memory at the end of the Gen 4 cars, there were like 68K cars built that last year, with 38K different vehicles. I know that only one option difference would make the vehicle unique from another looking at things like this, but my fear is that variety at that level could spell doom for systems set up for mass production. I understand that over 100K Camaros were built this year, but I would like to see that number grow, as I am sure GM would as well.
Ahhhh, gotcha.

I dont think the Camaro is going anywhere anytime soon. Its become an icon of the GM resurgence and for GM to axe it would be down right stupid. They knew in 2002 it was going to piss off a lot of people and I know some still havent recovered from it.

However, if you subtract out the 10k or so 1LE and ZL1 cars, that is still almost 80k Camaros sold in the US alone.

IIRC, that is the highest selling coupe in the world. I'd have to really dig into that though but if its not #1 its #2.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #274
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Ahhhh, gotcha.

I dont think the Camaro is going anywhere anytime soon. Its become an icon of the GM resurgence and for GM to axe it would be down right stupid. They knew in 2002 it was going to piss off a lot of people and I know some still havent recovered from it.

However, if you subtract out the 10k or so 1LE and ZL1 cars, that is still almost 80k Camaros sold in the US alone.

IIRC, that is the highest selling coupe in the world. I'd have to really dig into that though but if its not #1 its #2.
I was not aware of its popularity in terms of other coupes. That's a great statistic, and great news!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #275
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Considering the Camaro is the best selling car in it's class, I don't think we have to worry.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #276
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biv08SS View Post
I have a 1SS 1LE also, what options do you have besides the 1LE option? That is the only option I got on mine. I knew I would change the exhaust, so I went BASIC.
The only option it came with is RS, and I say it came with because, that is the only 1le my dealer could find in my area, in july 2013. Lucky to have found that one. I love that it is a base ss. Could go either way with the rs package.

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #277
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
I was looking at this thread to see for myself what the final build numbers were because Ive been asked that 20 times or more. What am I a historian? I would like to raise a question for the members... I have a black 2ss 1le with npp, slp supercharger, kooks headers,zl1 rockers and afew other mods. I,ve been trying to sell it. I don,t have to sell it but I,m not using it the way I thought I would. 280 miles. Climate controlled garage and custom car cover. Any help from any members might benefit myself and a lucky new owner. I,m retired and just playing around with different types of toys I guess. I could use the room. I had a man interested in it last week and someone from gm [on this or the other camaro site] gave him the no warranty you,ll be ruined for life and burn in hell story. He reminded me of the armor all commercial, the viking yells you don,t deserve a car like this! Any how my email is msnyder1957@gmail.com. You can see pictures by punching up camaro1le. or ebay under 2013 camaros. Thanks for any help Max camaro1le
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #278
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1le View Post
I was looking at this thread to see for myself what the final build numbers were because Ive been asked that 20 times or more. What am I a historian? I would like to raise a question for the members... I have a black 2ss 1le with npp, slp supercharger, kooks headers,zl1 rockers and afew other mods. I,ve been trying to sell it. I don,t have to sell it but I,m not using it the way I thought I would. 280 miles. Climate controlled garage and custom car cover. Any help from any members might benefit myself and a lucky new owner. I,m retired and just playing around with different types of toys I guess. I could use the room. I had a man interested in it last week and someone from gm [on this or the other camaro site] gave him the no warranty you,ll be ruined for life and burn in hell story. He reminded me of the armor all commercial, the viking yells you don,t deserve a car like this! Any how my email is msnyder1957@gmail.com. You can see pictures by punching up camaro1le. or ebay under 2013 camaros. Thanks for any help Max camaro1le
Good luck selling your 1LE. Out of curiosity, what are you looking to replace it with?
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #279
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1le View Post
Sounds like a great deal if you ask me.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #280
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I own the last Inferno Orange 2SS 1LE that came off the line...

How's that for rare?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote