Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Cyber Gray Stripes? Factory, painted, types, etc

How dark do you think the Cyber Gray Stripes will be? I'm hoping that the stripe color is very similiar, if not the same, to the Charcoal Rally Stripes featured on the Hugger Orange Convertible Concept. Because, I'm getting rally Yellow and I don't want the dealer installing my stripes, I want factory quality and warranty. So, I'm probably opting for the Cyber Gray Rally Stripes on my Rally Yellow SS, crossing my fingers that it will look good?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
I'm almost certain they're the same as the Cyber Grey paint that GM has to offer.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
I'm almost certain they're the same as the Cyber Grey paint that GM has to offer.
I figured it would be. I just can't seem to remember if the stripes were that gray at the ny auto show, on the Hugger Orange Vert. Plus, the lighting was dark.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's the same paint so it will be the same color.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
From the workbook, I got the impression that the only stripes that would be installed at the factory will be the hockey stick and hood stripe package. I am just waiting on a confirmation from Johnny Camaro.

Yes you can order the other stripes when you order your car but I a havew a feeking all LPO options will be installed by the dealership. I hope someone proves me wrong!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
JohnnyCamaro

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
From the workbook, I got the impression that the only stripes that would be installed at the factory will be the hockey stick and hood stripe package. I am just waiting on a confirmation from Johnny Camaro.

Yes you can order the other stripes when you order your car but I a havew a feeking all LPO options will be installed by the dealership. I hope someone proves me wrong!
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories. The comments I am sharing are of my own opinion not of the company I work for.
The factory installed stripes are cyber gray and white and are only available on certain models. All other stripes both Rally and Hood and Hockey Stripe are dealer installed. I will say that dealers are given training on how to install and some dealers do outsource the work to local shops who are experts in applying decals.
JohnnyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories. The comments I am sharing are of my own opinion not of the company I work for.
The factory installed stripes are cyber gray and white and are only available on certain models. All other stripes both Rally and Hood and Hockey Stripe are dealer installed. I will say that dealers are given training on how to install and some dealers do outsource the work to local shops who are experts in applying decals.
There it is—word direct from GM Accessories. That training is sure to be of the best quality so that we all get properly installed decals.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #8
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Factory Stripes?

From what I'm gathering in the latest posts, the stripes from the factory will be painted on the car and will cost obviously more than dealer installed vinyls. And, the only stripes offered from the factory are Hockey Stripes in white and cyber gray. Is this true?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
we have no confirmation that the stripes are painted and i personally doubt it very much that they would use painted stripes.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

I doubt it to but there is someone saying they will be. But, what I'm more concerned about is that if I get factory stripes they have to be those hockey stripes. No offense, but I don't like them one bit. It was bad enough when I knew I would have to settle for Cyber Gray if I wanted factory stripes for my Rally Yellow SS. But if I have to get hockey stripes from factory, than I will have the dealer install Black Rally Stripes and if I don't like them I'll have them painted them on!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #11
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Very Mysterious

I have looked through the ordering guides several times, and the factory stripes package is very poorly documented. Not once does it say what the factory stripes package actually is. If it is the Rally Stripes or the hood and hockey stripes. If they are painted on or decals. The LPO codes for stripes are very clear and specific, interestingly enough.

The speculation has been that the factory stripes are decals as well, but if so why make a distinction? There would be very little cost to stocking 5 colors of decal stripes in the factory vs 2. But why even do that, if there is no difference, why not just have the LPO stripe packages and avoid the factory issue altogether? Not that everything always make sense, but it makes no sense to me to have just two factory stripes colors, with a bunch of LPO stripe options, including the factory ones, unless the factory ones are painted on.

GM members, we need this cleared up before Monday ordering.
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It was confirmed to us at INDY by Scott that the stripes FROM THE FACTORY will be vinyl.

Go search in the other stripe thread where John (from GMPP) talks about stripes. He talks about types of stripes, combinations, etc, etc, etc.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
sodflyer
sodflyer

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010
Retro Bumble bee stripe

I want to put the original Bumble bee stripe on my cyber grey. Does anyone know of a maker that sell this? I have Contacted RPI about it and they are supposed to be coming out with one based on a picture I sent in That I found here in the forum, But so far they have not delivered and are sketchy on there ability to deliver.
Attached Images

sodflyer is offline   Reply With Quote