Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
ladysman07

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Ordered Interior trim kit from Gmpartsdirect.com

I ordered the switchblade silver trim kit from gmpartsdirect.com 4 weeks ago tonite....they wont answer my emails.....has anyone else had trouble getting these trims or is the trouble with gmpartsdirect.com?
ladysman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I haven't had any issues with the item I ordered from them, it was shipped the day after the order was placed. It wasn't a trim kit though. I'll be ordering that sometime next week after my car arrives.

Don't know if the trim kit is on back order or not either.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
I ordered the trim kit as well on 1/10/10 and did not get any answers from them until the other day and they said it was on back order. Wish I knew that from the start. It was a waste of my time. Never again.
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Ukd73

Drives: 2010 1ss/rs Ls3
I have been waiting since last october, the dealer off ebay didnt tell that they didnt have the parts. Latest lie is supposed to be in friday. I'm being patient but it pisses me off that other dealers have shipped. I told them in a nice way toget my parts or i'm going to ebay when I mentioned that they were quick to give me a new date the bad thing is they are payed for. I'm calling the suckers tomorrow and tell them to look ffor myparts from another dealer and drop ship it to me at their at their expense.
Ukd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I asked them about it but never purchased it....you buy it from them, then they buy it from the manufacturer...so it has to get shipped to them, and then from there to you...thats y it takes so long
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Backordered or not, there are better places to buy parts out there, from GMPartshouse to from CamaroScotty's dealer, and they don't have the customer service issues, inflated shipping costs, etc.

Moral of the story, look around, and don't just always go to GMPartsDirect because it's the biggest name and their prices seem the lowest pre-shipping. Sometimes okay, other times those $2 you saved could have gone better elsewhere.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddycruiser View Post
Backordered or not, there are better places to buy parts out there, from GMPartshouse to from CamaroScotty's dealer, and they don't have the customer service issues, inflated shipping costs, etc.

Moral of the story, look around, and don't just always go to GMPartsDirect because it's the biggest name and their prices seem the lowest pre-shipping. Sometimes okay, other times those $2 you saved could have gone better elsewhere.
Seems you aren't alone - Dave in our parts dept. hears stories like this almost every day.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd73 View Post
I have been waiting since last october, the dealer off ebay didnt tell that they didnt have the parts. Latest lie is supposed to be in friday. I'm being patient but it pisses me off that other dealers have shipped. I told them in a nice way toget my parts or i'm going to ebay when I mentioned that they were quick to give me a new date the bad thing is they are payed for. I'm calling the suckers tomorrow and tell them to look ffor myparts from another dealer and drop ship it to me at their at their expense.
eBay policy is that the seller has to deliver your product within 30 days or give your money back. I believe it's in their fine print, but it is there. At least it used to be.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #9
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman07 View Post
I ordered the switchblade silver trim kit from gmpartsdirect.com 4 weeks ago tonite....they wont answer my emails.....has anyone else had trouble getting these trims or is the trouble with gmpartsdirect.com?
Have you tryed to PM Scott here on Camaro5, he goes by GMPartsDirect? I have done business with GMPartsdirect for years, and have never been disappointed. I always email them my parts request ahead of time to see what is in stock, or backordered so there is no surprises.

I am sure with the number of members on Camaro5; you could find someone who has had an unsatisfactory experience with most all vendors conducting business here. Please try to PM & email again, and I hope all works out to your satisfaction!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
ladysman07

I did email them before I ordered...they said the parts had to be ordered but are readily avaliable and should take 7-10 business days....that was 4 weeks ago....thanks again gmpartsdirect.com.....oh I got them from my local chevy dealership took 6 days total to get in....so they are not on backorder.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I ordered some parts from GMdirect only to find the parts were on back order when I tried to see what was up. I emailed and no response. Finally a couple weeks later I got an email saying I couldn't cancel the order because it was special order. I thought I counldn't return because of special order. Anyway, they took my money when I ordered and paid through Paypal. I just got my parts two days ago. I don't think I'll order from them again. Just my .02 cents.
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
I stopped in my dealership to order the interior trim kit (they said they would match any online price I found). They called to place the order and found out that the part number had been superceeded. The part kit has been discontinued and is due to be replaced with another kit. The only problem is that the new kits aren't being manufactured yet and they don't know when they will be available. :(

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
ladysman07

Hair10 what color are u talking about?